heavyhaulers on calaisroad...

_europeantrucks_

actually im not the guy who wants to take the fun from others, BUT i think there shouldnt be heavyhaulers on the calaisroad because most of them drive  60 kmh and that is really annoying for the players behind them...

I mean I know that a train for example is harder to drive than a normal cooling trailer.

you cant even overtake them because of the small spawndistance of drivers on the other side

in my opinion the truckersmp team should forbid them on the calaisroad

if you write comments please be constructive ?

Hi there,

This is my own opinion.

I personally think that people that haul heavy hauls on C-D are fine. This is because, the speed limit on that road is 60km/h (occasionally 80km/h). If you wish to pass them, you can do so, when safe (It's possible).

The speed limit is there for a reason and as long as they're following it, they're not in violation of any rules. 

Kind regards,

JamesS014

TruckersMP Community Manager

Hello there,

I totally agree with James. 

As he already said, the speed limit on the C-D Road is 60 km/h but need to say, these Save Edited tripple Trailers with Trains, Diggers etc. are really unrealistic and ugly, but as they are driving properly there is no Reason to forbid anything. 

It was also my opinion.

King Regards,

Doñ Cheeki

Best regards,

Doñ Cheeki | TruckersMP Event Team

Hey, first of all thanks for your contribution.

The Duisburg Calais track is not a race track.

Heavy loads can drive along like any other player.

Either way, the speed limit is limited to 60 or 80 km / h.

If you drive the specified speed, you do not violate any rules. (Road traffic regulations)

If the situation allows, you can overtake. Only if they cause accidents by doing so, they also have to deal with the consequences.

That's just my opinion and shouldn't discriminate against anyone!

Kind regards

Tximx

Nur weil andere die Regeln brechen, tust du das auch? Seien Sie schlauer! Gute Fahrt.

Tximx

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.7092903f62b05aa754ac1514776d86cf.webp

I don't see any problem with the heavy cargo on the Calais-Duisburg road, what I do see a problem with is when people drive the heavy cargo at full speed in those areas...As mentioned already, they do the speed limit, and plenty of other players who aren't even using heavy cargo trailers are at or near the speed limit anyways.

Keep in mind that the speed limit is also a limit, not a minimum speed.

24H4oa0.jpg

First of all, the road between Calais - Duisburg is specified for all types of cargo, such as light loads as heavy loads, speeds according to the load obviously, heavy loads cannot be prohibited on this road since it is a common road and all roads. We use or although someone is in a hurry can take an alternate route because the congestion of the Calais-Duisburg route is always moderate and for that there are secondary roads, my opinion, thank you! ?

ElYefer20 ?

I pretty much agree with everyone else here. Additionally, I do not think it is fair at all to ban heavy cargo on the CD road, especially when they paid for the DLC. They have the right to use it just like anyone else has the right to do anything.

Regardless of how slow someone might be driving, by overtaking users or driving over the speed limit, you run the risk of getting into an accident hence running the risk of getting banned in the game. Let me remind that this is a truck simulator, not forza, not GTA, a truck simulator. Although there isn't really anything wrong with speeding as this is just a game, if people are getting annoyed by how slowly someone is driving, they either have the safe option of waiting or the risky option of overtaking. 

banner

İn my opinion, yes, they are right to use heavy transport but their speed is around 80km or 85km on that famous road so I mean(CD) the maximum speed for each truck should be around this, but sometimes I feel sorry for heavy transporters, if anyone comes from the opposite lane and if they collide heado on,they usually blow up and their work is canceled. I feel very sorry for their situation. 

On 11/29/2021 at 6:49 PM, _EUROPEANTRUCKS_VJ said:

actually im not the guy who wants to take the fun from others, BUT i think there shouldnt be heavyhaulers on the calaisroad because most of them drive  60 kmh and that is really annoying for the players behind them...

I mean I know that a train for example is harder to drive than a normal cooling trailer.

you cant even overtake them because of the small spawndistance of drivers on the other side

in my opinion the truckersmp team should forbid them on the calaisroad

if you write comments please be constructive ?

Hello there,

I agree with everybody above. Whilst it can be annoying for people wanting to drive fast, that is not the person hauling the heavy cargos problem. There are speed limits on roads for a reason. If everyone stuck to it, there would be far few incidents. If people drove in a professional, and safe manner, there would be no need for a suggestion like this to exist. In my honest opinion I find it really frustrating with all of the people that drive at the maximum speed allocated by the server. Especially when it is on the C-D road. I can understand people like to drive fast, but there are race tracks or the freeroam server for that. The simulation server is there for a purpose, it's in the name, simulation. I personally have always wished the max speed was lowered further, however, I know that will not happen. You have to take into account everyone on the road. If someone is drive 30 km/h in a 60 km/h zone what would you do? Well you should stay behind them. If you want to overtake then as you would do in real life, you wait for a clear and safe spot to do so. You cannot expect everyone to drive over the speed limit, it will not happen.

Therefore, I disagree with your suggestion. I see no issue with people using heavy cargo on the C-D road. I would rather the limit be applied to people using triple-trailer combinations as not only are they unrealistic, they are also dangerous as hardly anyone knows how to control their vehicle when using them. 

Hope you get enough information here to suffice.

Kind regards, TFM_Void.

Chief Technology Officer & Developer for Freightway.

I can see what you mean with it being annoying with them going so slow. And maybe having a slow acceleration.

But forbidding stuff? I don't think that's the right way to go. Calais to Duisburg is a public road where everyone can go. We should not prohibit people from driving there just to give others priority. That's not fair. Also, it's a truck simulator, not a racing game.

Even in real life, sometimes there are trucks in front of you, or tractors or whatever slow-going vehicles. Do we wish to ban them? Well, no, not really. Sometimes we need to have ice in our stomachs and not be in such a rush. Even more so in a game, where you don't have something important to go to.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

Hello

My opinion is the same as that of everyone above. This is an unnecessary condition, because it is easy to have accidents when driving fast on CD Road, because you don't know when the car in front brakes, and I suggest you not to overtake at will. It's really dangerous. Drive your truck carefully and keep a safe distance. There will be no ban. Have a good time

Kind regards,

Tony.Stark

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

I get that some drivers can find it annoying to be stuck behind another driver hauling a heavy cargo. The only advice I can give to those drivers is to have patience, and not be in a rush when going on C-D Road. I personally have a rule that I never overtake another driver on C-D Road no matter how slow they're going. And I only go on C-D Road if I have the time for it. I would never go on C-D Road if I knew I had to go offline within the next 30 minutes. I always makes sure to have plenty of time available so if I meet a driver with a heavy cargo going "slow" I have the time to just stick behind them and enjoy the trip. Actually, sometimes it can be nice to just take it slow. There is still parts of C-D Road I haven't looked at properly yet, do to having to focus on the road due to the speed. But when you are going 60 kmh you can actually find the time to just enjoy the view. While of course still being observant of the other drivers on the road, so you don't cause a crash, or anything similar.

spacer.png | spacer.png

I'd like to add, that the local speed limit on the road between Duisburg and Calais is restricted to 60 km/ h, 80 km/ h and in the area of the border 50 km/ h.

Every player is entitled to drive at a speed within the maximum server speed limit. However, I strongly advise to adapt the speed to traffic, weather, visibility, course of the road, cargo and personal driving skills.

Heavy haulages require special attention, because they can be longer, wider and/ or heavier. They need more room for maneuvers and take longer to stop. This is why they have a stricter speed limit and usually are restricted to a specific route.

If you happen to have a slow moving vehicle in front of you, be patient. If you can't overtake in a safe manner for whatever reason, just don't overtake. Again, don't overtake if it isn't safe for all involved road traffic participants. If you cause an occurrence because of reckless driving behavior, you will likely receive a punishment, which can be everything from a kick to a temporary ban, depending on the situation and your punishment history.

Banning heavy haulers from certain routes can be useful, especially if tight turns or steep slopes will likely make it impossible to maneuver.

The route between Duisburg under Calais however isn't such a challenge and a ban of heavy haulers doesn't seem appropriate.

And just because they prevent you from driving at the maximum server speed limit doesn't mean they should be forbidden.

If speed is an issue for you, I suggest to use the arcade servers instead.

I can mostly aggree with the former positngs. My Opinion can be packed in one small Sentence: TruckersMP is a Multiplayer Truck Driving Simulation Game, regardless where on the Map you are driving!

As everyone else has said. That is likely not gonna happen. The speed limit is 60km/h on most of that road. At the fuel stations on the road and borders its 50km/h and at places its 80km/h. That you want to drive 110km/h, thats up to you, but we are not gonna forbid people who drive 60km/h, when that is the limit on the road. We are a simulator after all. And i my self drive 60km/h on that road.  If you feel its a annoying that people follow the limit, there is plenty of highway out there for you to drive on ?

TruckersMP is a Multiplayer Truck Driving Simulation.  if the players are within the speed limit and respecting the traffic rules, and the Truckers MP rules. that's no problem.

I did a challenge once where I took the weakest Iveco truck with 310 hp and hauled a 61t train. It really struggled uphill but I can get up to at least 50-60 km/h most of the time which is the actual truck speed limit so technically it's fine. The real challenge with that is dealing with players cutting you off all the time because people aren't gonna go that slow.

can yo guys at least make a rule that only high hp and 6*4 trucks can drive heavyhaulers? i saw a renault premium with the train this week and damn i got a rage... one guy said he want to forbid the tripletrailers.. ok they are annoying too but not as annoying as a heavyhauler in my opinion... and then i wanted to add something which hasnt something specific to do with heavyhaulers, it is banning baecon in calais because it gives many players even bigger frameissues. for example make anything that doesnt even let them turn on or a kick cooldown like the headlight one.

sorry for my bad grammar

10 hours ago, _EUROPEANTRUCKS_VJ said:

can yo guys at least make a rule that only high hp and 6*4 trucks can drive heavyhaulers? i saw a renault premium with the train this week and damn i got a rage... one guy said he want to forbid the tripletrailers.. ok they are annoying too but not as annoying as a heavyhauler in my opinion... and then i wanted to add something which hasnt something specific to do with heavyhaulers, it is banning baecon in calais because it gives many players even bigger frameissues. for example make anything that doesnt even let them turn on or a kick cooldown like the headlight one.

sorry for my bad grammar

No we are not gonna limit the trucks people can use to haul heavy cargos. If you want to drive faster you can always drive on a highway. You dont have to drive on the CD road. People can use what ever truck they want. Them going slow is not a them problem, thats a you problem. If you dont have the patients for slow drivers, then drive somewhere else.  And in regards to the beacons in Calais and Duisburg? I like the idea of banning beacons. But Its simply not a rule that is easy to enforce. Cause its really not something worth banning people for, and then we can sit there kicking people like crazy. Like the idea is good, but its not really easy to enforce. And again you could just drive somewhere else than Calais. No one is forcing you to drive there. And if i am not mistaken you can turn off the beacon lights so they dont affect you,  somewhere in the game settings.

21 hours ago, _EUROPEANTRUCKS_VJ said:

sorry for my bad grammar

To determine to optimal engine performance for hauling heavy cargo, many factors have to be considered.

The weight of the cargo is only one of them. Not even a hand full of truck brands offer engines with performances that are suited for this kind of job. Additionally, the route with all its turns and slopes will dictate if, how and where a heavy cargo can be transported in a safe manner at all.

16 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

No we are not gonna limit the trucks people can use to haul heavy cargos. If you want to drive faster you can always drive on a highway. You dont have to drive on the CD road. People can use what ever truck they want. Them going slow is not a them problem, thats a you problem. If you dont have the patients for slow drivers, then drive somewhere else.  And in regards to the beacons in Calais and Duisburg? I like the idea of banning beacons. But Its simply not a rule that is easy to enforce. Cause its really not something worth banning people for, and then we can sit there kicking people like crazy. Like the idea is good, but its not really easy to enforce. And again you could just drive somewhere else than Calais. No one is forcing you to drive there. And if i am not mistaken you can turn off the beacon lights so they dont affect you,  somewhere in the game settings.

sorry but limiting the trucks for heavyhaulage is actually the more realistic thing... as @blabberbeak said there are tons of trucks which dont offer the right engine for it. i mean i dont know where you live but did you ever saw a renault premium hauling a 60 ton train in western europe? in eastern europe i can imagine that they do this but definitively not in western. i cant believe im the only one who question that.? anyway thanks for the hint with the bacons in the gamesettings i will look into it

11 hours ago, _EUROPEANTRUCKS_VJ said:

sorry but limiting the trucks for heavyhaulage is actually the more realistic thing... as @blabberbeak said there are tons of trucks which dont offer the right engine for it. i mean i dont know where you live but did you ever saw a renault premium hauling a 60 ton train in western europe? in eastern europe i can imagine that they do this but definitively not in western. i cant believe im the only one who question that.? anyway thanks for the hint with the bacons in the gamesettings i will look into it

I found one video. Renault Magnum carries a large beam.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdZkQ8cnXEA&t=113s  What is the weight of this beam?  

110 km / h is the speed for wise people. A wise player does not drive over others. There are a lot of fools on this road. Fortunately, they are concentrated in the "Bermuda Circle". If I want peace, I can go elsewhere. 

Archived