What about apologies?

I am Faridh ~

Sometimes, when you make a crash and it is not intentioned (for example when you brake hard, when you overtake but the other person have lag or you, other example, you overtake in safety conditions but you still make a crash) and after that you apologize with the person that you crash into, if he/she doesn't accept it. Ok you get banned, but if the admin watch your replay, and he notices that your apologies are real and you're not playing the victim, the ban can be removed? Sometime I met angry drivers on road that enjoy recording and reporting people and in the most of cases the perpetrators are new drivers. When someone make a collision with me, and he/she apologies. I usually try to tell him to read the rules and tell him/her what was his/her mistake. What is your opinion about this topic? Thank for reading (Sorry for my bad english haha <3)

I don't think you will get your ban removed even if you apologize, my guess would be they'd shorten the ban if it was not intentional. Imo what you're doing is far much nicer compared to other people, they don't seem to have any remorse at all even it was really accidental and out of your hands (e.g game tabbing out). I don't report everybody who breaks the slightest of rules, but actually ones who intentionally break rules and cause damage to me.

I've seen people crash into my truck and say "sorry". A moment later, they crashed into the truck ahead of mine and said "sorry". And so on... There are people who seem to think that saying "sorry" is good enough to avoid being reported or banned even when they are driving like lunatics and crashing everyone in their way, that's why "sorry" has come to mean nothing in TruckersMP for many people. Sure, some players are honest when they say it, but it can never be taken as an excuse to remove or shorten a ban. It's always better to drive safely so there's no need to say sorry. Even with the "lag" cases, they are quite easy to avoid, someone is lagging, keep a longer safety distance.

?? English Version

It depends! Everything influences a banishment, even moments before the accident happens. Hitting once or twice after another is 'normal', as the game is multiplayer and the server is not the same for everyone, and there is still the issue of lag. If a person is hitting 3 more times behind you, that person is not playing, he is just wanting to end your game, he is there to troll. If you are overtaking and you collide, well, in my view the culprit is who is overtaking, because the driver has to make sure that the overtaking is safe and there is time to complete it. The game moderator will know if you or any random player acted in bad faith, so to say, he will act in the best possible way. If you accidentally collided, you can enter the @ and the temporary ID of the person you meet and apologize, the player will understand that it was unintentional, it just happened and you didn't intend to collide with him.

?? Versão em Português (Brasil)

Depende! Tudo influencia para um banimento, até mesmo momentos antes de acontecer o acidente. Bater uma ou duas vezes atrás do outro é 'normal', pois o jogo é multiplayer e o servidor não é igual para todos, e, ainda tem a questão do lag. Se uma pessoa está batendo mais 3 vezes atrás de você, esta pessoa não está jogando, ele só está querendo acabar com o seu jogo, está ali para trollar. Se você está ultrapassando e colide, bem, ao meu ver o culpado é quem está ultrapassando, pois o motorista tem que ter certeza que a ultrapassagem é segura e vai da tempo de concluir ela. O moderador do jogo ele saberá se você ou algum jogador aleatório agiu de má fé, assim por dizer, ele irá agir da melhor maneira possível. Se você colidiu sem querer, você pode colocar o @ e o ID temporário da pessoa que você e pedir desculpas, o jogador irá entender que não foi intencional, simplesmente aconteceu e você não teve a intenção de colidir com ele.

Best regards
_Thyagoof - Media Team TruckersMPChief Operating Officer at ALLIANCE Virtual

Hey, thanks for your contribution ?

If you accidentally have an accident and then apologize to the other person, I recommend that you always record the last 30 seconds.

For me it works with Win / Alt / G If you are then banned and the admin may not see that it was not intentional then you can file an appeal with your evidence video.

Many admins then unblock you and explain to the reporter who reported you that it was not on purpose.

Nevertheless, I would always think carefully beforehand whether it is really a good time for what I am planning to do.

I can only recommend not to overtake.

No matter how slow the one in front of you drives, you are on the safe side.

That's just my opinion and shouldn't discriminate against anyone!

Stay healthy!

Kind regards

Tximx

Nur weil andere die Regeln brechen, tust du das auch? Seien Sie schlauer! Gute Fahrt.

Tximx

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.7092903f62b05aa754ac1514776d86cf.webp

I definitely agree with what @b1sshaa said. There is a clear differentiation between an accident done purposefully and accidentally. I will report anyone who purposely crashes into me and causes damage to me or even others. Although, you can tell when someone accidentally crashes into you, because they apologize and quickly F7 or load an autosave.

A lot of the drivers on TruckersMP like trolling, and causing accident, which is a big reason why people have left then network (as I've heard and read other threads). I don't find joy in reporting people, but it angers me when people crash on purpose — it ruins the whole flow of traffic in populated areas as well. The reporting system is good though; moderators always handle reports, and throw these people off the network either temporarily or permanently. ?

Just like in real life you cant just crash into someone and say sorry and then not have to face consequences. Thats just not how things work. And its the same here. If you crashed into someone even if it was not on purpose, then you most likely did something wrong. Either you where driving too fast of maybe you should not overtake on the CD road. The possibilities are many, and if you got reported for it then a moderator will look at it, and if you broke the rules you get a ban. There is differences to weather or not what you did was accidental (negligence) or intentional. But you also gotta remember that the more bad things you do, the longer your ban gets. I have seen people who say sorry but then at the same time was reported multiple times for different things. In that case you are clearly doing something wrong. And a sorry is just not good enough. Its good to be sorry if you mean it, but your sorry starts to loose its meaning when you are reported 4 times and you say sorry each time. Maybe you should then think about why you are crashing people, and then change your driving accordingly? Either way, rules are rules. A sorry dosent exempt you from the rules.

13 hours ago, Tximx said:

Hey, thanks for your contribution ?

If you accidentally have an accident and then apologize to the other person, I recommend that you always record the last 30 seconds.

For me it works with Win / Alt / G If you are then banned and the admin may not see that it was not intentional then you can file an appeal with your evidence video.

Many admins then unblock you and explain to the reporter who reported you that it was not on purpose.

Nevertheless, I would always think carefully beforehand whether it is really a good time for what I am planning to do.

I can only recommend not to overtake.

No matter how slow the one in front of you drives, you are on the safe side.

That's just my opinion and shouldn't discriminate against anyone!

Stay healthy!

Kind regards

Tximx

Sorry to tell you this, but that mostly dosent work. The appeal system is only for when there isent any evidence to your ban or if you can prove without a doubt that you did not do what you are banned for. Even if you did something by accident and you have a video that shows you did it by accident. Chances are that you are not gonna be released from your ban. If you did brake the rules, even by accident you will most likely still be banned. Cause accidents rarely happen unless you did something wrong. Maybe it was because you had a little too much speed round a corner or maybe your controller stopped working, but those are things that are still sort of your fault. The rules clearly state that you are responsible for the equipment you use to drive, and its your job to make sure its always working. Just like in real life, if you cause an accident, you will still face consequences.  So usually the only way you get out of a ban, is if you can prove that you did not do what you are banned for.

Let me start with an example:

You are driving at 90km/h down the 3-lane motorway. There is a person in the right lane driving at 80km/h, you switch to the centre lane to overtake them, which goes perfectly fine, but then, someone else comes from behind driving at 110km/h who starts overtaking in the left lane, they swerve into you as all 3 are side by side, sending you into the crash with the other.

That is what I would call hitting somene by accident, situation that is out of your control and you are a victim of a collision caused by someone else, so saying sorry in that scenario is meaningless.

If you would get banned for that and you had you own video evidence, you could appeal your ban and have it removed, that's what appeal system is for, not becasue you said sorry to someone.

1 hour ago, MrSirViking said:

Tut mir leid, Ihnen das sagen zu müssen, aber das funktioniert meistens nicht. Das Berufungssystem gilt nur, wenn Beweise für Ihre Sperre vorliegen oder Sie zweifelsfrei nachweisen können, dass Sie das, wofür Sie gesperrt sind, nicht getan haben. Auch wenn Sie etwas aus Versehen gemacht haben und ein Video haben, das zeigt, dass Sie es aus Versehen getan haben. Die Chancen stehen gut, dass Sie nicht von Ihrer Sperre entlassen werden. Wenn Sie die Regeln gebrochen haben, werden Sie höchstwahrscheinlich sogar aus Versehen gesperrt. Ursache Unfälle passieren selten, es sei denn, Sie haben etwas falsch gemacht. Vielleicht lag es daran, dass Sie ein bisschen zu schnell um eine Ecke gefahren waren oder Ihr Controller nicht mehr funktionierte, aber das sind Dinge, die immer noch Ihre Schuld sind. Die Regeln besagen eindeutig, dass Sie für die Ausrüstung, die Sie zum Fahren verwenden, verantwortlich sind und dass es Ihre Aufgabe ist, sicherzustellen, dass sie immer funktioniert. Wie im richtigen Leben, wenn Sie einen Unfall verursachen, Sie werden immer noch mit Konsequenzen rechnen müssen. Die einzige Möglichkeit, aus einer Sperre herauszukommen, besteht in der Regel darin, dass Sie beweisen können, dass Sie nicht das getan haben, wofür Sie gesperrt wurden.

Thank you for your explanation. Then I was wrong, I'm sorry. I used to do it this way and it worked on 2 of my 3 bans. I'm sorry that I explained this wrong. I hope you stay healthy and thank you for the explanation ?

Kind regards

Tximx

Nur weil andere die Regeln brechen, tust du das auch? Seien Sie schlauer! Gute Fahrt.

Tximx

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.7092903f62b05aa754ac1514776d86cf.webp

To add what I mean by an "accident";

I do not define driving 110 kmh in a corner and anything like that as an accident, more like intentional rule breaking. An accident for me is a situation out of your complete hand that you did not cause at all. 

-Game tabbing out

-Controller stops working (kind of a dumb rule, if you take care of your equipment and your wheel still decides to stop working, who's at the fault here? ?)

And anything that is not your fault which results in an accident.

1 hour ago, b1sshaa said:

-Controller stops working (kind of a dumb rule, if you take care of your equipment and your wheel still decides to stop working, who's at the fault here? ?)

I admit, I had this happen a few times, when windows just decides to unplug the usb inexplicably, fortunately with nobody around.

Unfortunately software failure like this would be hard to prove, if this happens often, I would check the cable and replace it, because it might be faulty.

3 hours ago, Granite said:

Let me start with an example:

You are driving at 90km/h down the 3-lane motorway. There is a person in the right lane driving at 80km/h, you switch to the centre lane to overtake them, which goes perfectly fine, but then, someone else comes from behind driving at 110km/h who starts overtaking in the left lane, they swerve into you as all 3 are side by side, sending you into the crash with the other.

That is what I would call hitting somene by accident, situation that is out of your control and you are a victim of a collision caused by someone else, so saying sorry in that scenario is meaningless.

If you would get banned for that and you had you own video evidence, you could appeal your ban and have it removed, that's what appeal system is for, not becasue you said sorry to someone.

But i most cases you driving 90 probably wouldent be banned in the first place if the person driving 110 caused the accident. Which would likely be shown on the evidence given. But it is always good to record your driving, so that you can report people if they brake the rules or if you do need some sort of counter evidence.

6 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

Just like in real life you cant just crash into someone and say sorry and then not have to face consequences. Thats just not how things work. And its the same here. If you crashed into someone even if it was not on purpose, then you most likely did something wrong. Either you where driving too fast of maybe you should not overtake on the CD road. The possibilities are many, and if you got reported for it then a moderator will look at it, and if you broke the rules you get a ban. There is differences to weather or not what you did was accidental (negligence) or intentional. But you also gotta remember that the more bad things you do, the longer your ban gets. I have seen people who say sorry but then at the same time was reported multiple times for different things. In that case you are clearly doing something wrong. And a sorry is just not good enough. Its good to be sorry if you mean it, but your sorry starts to loose its meaning when you are reported 4 times and you say sorry each time. Maybe you should then think about why you are crashing people, and then change your driving accordingly? Either way, rules are rules. A sorry dosent exempt you from the rules.

Well said. I myself rarely caused any accidents. How? I abide the limits & the road rules. Its very simple, even a keyboard user can do it. I've noticed that my acceleration & turning style became more aggressive but I still haven't exceeded the limits or broke any traffic rules. Red light? Stop. Solid white line? Don't overtake. (Generally dont overtake on the C-D, our vehicles are just too unpowerful and we are all limited to 110 km/h, so we have no more speed to gain during overtaking manouver). I'm also not mad at other players abiding the limits, but where I get mad is when people drive too slow than they are allowed to (e.g. some truckers in Netherlands like to drive 60 instead of legal 80 limit. Probably because the limit in germany and belgium is 60 so they just keep the cruise control at 60?)

Nontheless, accidents happen. But the most accidents that happen in TMP for you are probably the bumps into someone's vehicle due to snail reaction, sudden braking, etc. Noone is reporting you for that. But if someone actually reported your behavior, then you most likely commited a serious driving fault (Overtaking & crashing, speeding, flying out of the curve and thus endangering other vehicles, ignoring traffic signs & signals,...)

As long as you keep attention to the road & abide the road rules your chances to cause an accident are very low.

I've seen some people use winter mod as excuse for their behavior. What? Are these people going full speed IRL too when everything is snowy? Sorry, but that's just negligence. You're meant to adjust your driving style according to the sorrounding situation.

On 11/29/2021 at 3:00 PM, I am Faridh ~ said:

Ok you get banned, but if the admin watch your replay, and he notices that your apologies are real and you're not playing the victim, the ban can be removed?

An honest apology is honorable and shows respect and good manners.

But it isn't easy to determine who truly didn't mean any harm. While one should always see the good in people, you will find some who pretend to be honest in their own interest, namely to avoid getting punished.

Game moderators and report moderators face the difficult task to find out who acted deliberately and who acted negligently.

While in both cases a punishment is likely to be imposed, the user who acted deliberately will usually face a more severe punishment.

To my knowledge, the only reason an entry of your punishment history gets deleted is if you got banned by mistake.

A simple sorry however won't buy you out of it.

These unintentional actions are caused by individuals. In real life, they also make mistakes. It is far from enough to say sorry. We must accept punishment. If everyone on TMP crashes and says sorry, the ban can be lifted, then the game has come to an end. It can be said that it is a traffic accident simulator, so I advise you to drive safely, Try not to go too fast on the CD Road, and try to keep the speed at about 90 100km / h, unless there are very few vehicles. Have a good time on the CD road

Kind regards,

Tony.Stark

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

I must be honest. I don't look after if driver say sorry to me, or not. I look at the incident itself. If it was a minor thing, and didn't seem to be intentionally I just let it go. It doesn't matter if they say sorry or not. Cause some driver just stress out when they accidentally are involved in a collision. So they're more focused on getting out of the way (either by driving to the side, Alt+F4 or F7). So they simply forget to say sorry, and don't realise it until after it is too late.

spacer.png | spacer.png

I got banned for a stupid reason once, so at the time of this in 2018 the car's brakes were very bad and this guy brakes very hard and there's nothing I could do about it, hell even if I was further back I don't think I could have slowed down from 80 to 40 km/h in a second or less. Somehow I went underneath the truck on his screen only but for me I don't think I even knew what happened. My only driving related ban in my 4 years of playing had to be this, otherwise I would have had a perfect history apart from a few chat offenses and **** like that. Well I got banned another time for a driving offense but I actually appealed that successfully thankfully. Now I don't drive CD road because **** like this happens and you can be banned even if you're a good player.

On 11/29/2021 at 9:13 AM, b1sshaa said:

I don't think you will get your ban removed even if you apologize, my guess would be they'd shorten the ban if it was not intentional. Imo what you're doing is far much nicer compared to other people, they don't seem to have any remorse at all even it was really accidental and out of your hands (e.g game tabbing out). I don't report everybody who breaks the slightest of rules, but actually ones who intentionally break rules and cause damage to me.

Yep, that's exactly what happened to me, just by 1 day it got reduced...

I'm not a game moderator, so my thought are entirely my own.

I believe that game moderators take everything in consideration. Even a sorry message. It can go a long way.

Sure, if the offence is clear enough, it won't make you get not banned. But it might reduce your punishment. Even if it doesn't, it won't hurt in any way. A few second worth of typing sorry, sry, or something can go a long way. It's always better to be nice.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

Well I do the same self, I was on my way out of the city and drove 55/60Km/t when a driver on the left side, on the curb pulled out and I panic breaked and steered to the right side, I was mad first bc he scared me and almost gave me an heart attack! but he said sorry and, when there is no damage just a simple litte touch on the side. I said "No damage = no problem" well we had a laugh tho after that. 

I drove around 80-90 in Duisburg recording and a drive without any cargo drove into me and overtook, I got mad and reported him. 5 seconds later I overtook him and cause a little crash with the other lane that was standing still and around 2% damage or so. That guy in front was recording and reported and got me banned 2 weeks from it. 

Archived