How do you think about: ingame rules rework in the future?

Nordic Niklas

Hey Tmp users,

What would you think of updating the in-game rules on Truckers MP? Lately my team and I have had problems with the specification of the game rules on the simulation servers. We think there should be more reference to the law in force and the rules should be better illustrated with examples. What do you think?

We should also talk about the way reports are processed. We have had a lot of disproportionate decisions recently. We respect the decisions but would like a closer line to applicable law (STVO)

Have a great day ? 

Niklas - Thermo Liner Group | Founder

https://thermo-liner-group.net

This is an perfect Topic to talk about Save Edit. I think that the Rule about Save Edit should stay how it is, just to add a Rule for some specific kind of Save Edit, such as:

-> Tripple Trailers at populated Areas

-> Flying Cargoes

-> Disable Cargoes on the little HTC connecting Trailer

-> Disable Green Headlights or reduce the amount of Headlights on 2

and such things...

because these are really unrealistic and ugly to be honest.

Best regards,

Doñ Cheeki | TruckersMP Event Team

Keeping the Rules clear and simple is better than to over complicating them. Unfortunately, as more you have to read, as more people will not reading it. Rules are a must, for this Game, but they are only 20%, to solve an Issue. The major part of avoiding any kind of problems and violations lays in the Hand of the Player. Coop. Multiplayer Sim Games, like TruckersMP, living from the understanding and respect for the Other Players and the meaning of the Game itself. In Question of Save Editing, as more you mounting on your Trucks, as less will be the Performance for the Others in general. At the end, it doesn´t matter if a truck looks "ugly". The Truck must be safe, and should not influence the gameplay, the game physics ( Trailer Editing), and performance of the others.

I'd say that it may be difficult for very young players, but any grown-ups have driven or traveled by car many times in their lives, they know the basic traffic rules. I certainly knew them long before I got my driver's license. Using common sense and realising that these are not games meant to drive as fast as possible but to drive as relaxed and safely as possible should be enough to avoid any possible punishments, even if one hasn't read the rules. Of course, reading and understanding the rules should be the first thing to do for anyone joining TruckersMP, but... It would seem that it's too much to ask for too many people, sadly. That's why we see so many "I was banned for no reason" "I was unfairly banned". Not because there was no reason or because the ban was unfair, but because many players don't understand that they actually broke some rule.

EDIT: Of course, some of the rules can be hard to understand, that's when these forums, Discord's Support channel, the support or feedback tickets come handy. Any questions or doubts can be asked freely, to be sure of what you can do or not BEFORE it's too late.

İn my opinion, the rules can be updated again. Maybe, who knows, a traffic lights violation rule may come in busy areas, for example, a small camera is placed under or above each traffic light in crowded areas, and the admins can see what their players are doing and who is running the red light from those cameras. İn general, red lgihts are passed in crowded places and the risk of accident increases. 

I know that the rules are to control the users, but it ends up making the game boring, as players are afraid of being put down. Maybe if the rules were 'lighter', leaving the player more at ease, it was already good.

Best regards
_Thyagoof - Media Team TruckersMPChief Operating Officer at ALLIANCE Virtual

I think the rules are fine and all, but they can be worded a bit better or simplified for those who don't want to read them. You can probably even group them into some very basic ones, but that would probably make it too vague. I think a simplification would work though

Project Cargo VTC - Driver

Discord: AABattery#8735 | IG: aabatteryets2

Languages:  ???????/??

So the rules are made the way they are to make sure they cover all we want them to cover. And i feel we have done that pretty well. They are not too complicated, and yet not so simple that people can find ways to get around the rules. Also why we have rule §1.1 - Account and Equipment. Which is made to make sure that you cant just say that someone else was playing or that your controller died.  Is there a lot to read? Yes but there is also a lot of rules to cover to make sure the server is a nice place to be. And if you dont read the rules cause there is so much to read? well then thats your fault. You will still be banned if you brake any of the rules. But that is also why you can ask questions on the discord if you have any doubt about the rules. And we also have the rules translated into different languages so it will be easier to understand for some people. You can see that hare: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/704  Now i do agree that the save editing rules are not hard enough. That we see too many crazy edits. But its hard to make rules about that, cause there is so much to know and understand to make sure that people are actually braking the rules with their save editing. And the way the old rules was, was just too much. It was hard for moderators to understand and hard for the users to understand.  But rule changes? Well you can always make suggestions in the suggestion forums. But i feel like the current rules has a good balance to it. 

On 11/21/2021 at 5:21 PM, ALLIANCE _Thyagoof said:

I know that the rules are to control the users, but it ends up making the game boring, as players are afraid of being put down. Maybe if the rules were 'lighter', leaving the player more at ease, it was already good.

I would say it is a fine line. There will always be those users that pushes it to the limitation of the rules, without actually breaking any rules. If you make some rules "lighter" they will probably just take advance of this change in the rules. I get if someone can find the game to get boring because of all the rules you have to obey. But then again, it is a simulation game. I am actually a little bit curious to which rules you would like to see being made "lighter". So if you would like to elaborate on that, I would be glad to hear it.

spacer.png | spacer.png

There's no such thing as "basic rule of law" here, there's "TruckersMP rules". Those are the basics of the law in the mod, if you don't like them, you can always suggest changes using the appropriate channels. Regarding the second point, there are not enough "higher ranking admins" to review appeals. Right now, it's set that the GM team has up to 3 days to give an answer to an appeal, if only high rank staff could do it, it would be 3 weeks instead of 3 days. That's also why there's the chance to use the feedback system if a banned player disagrees with their appeal's outcome, they can ask that one of the higher ranks in the GM team reviews it.

I am a believer in that rules are never considered "done", as they can always be improved. So that case is here.

The rules are fairly well done in TMP, however there are things I want:

Clarification on all §2 rules. To make it clear what is actually prohibited and what's not. 
I know that the GM team has some internal set of rules and that's fine, but I think it's wrong to hide everything under an internal set of rules.

If we could get a better laid out §2, with some internal rules mixed in, it would be good. Im also sure it would reduce the amount of "declined" reports (which would lead to less load on GMs).

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

On 11/24/2021 at 9:37 PM, PallePuh said:

I am a believer in that rules are never considered "done", as they can always be improved. So that case is here.

The rules are fairly well done in TMP, however there are things I want:

Clarification on all §2 rules. To make it clear what is actually prohibited and what's not. 
I know that the GM team has some internal set of rules and that's fine, but I think it's wrong to hide everything under an internal set of rules.

If we could get a better laid out §2, with some internal rules mixed in, it would be good. Im also sure it would reduce the amount of "declined" reports (which would lead to less load on GMs).

If they pin down the rules in detail to specific violations, it will open the doors to abuse by trolls and the like.
It´s more effective to define a rule by a description of an offence and similar, which covers a wider range and gives game moderators more leeway in decision-making.

On 11/26/2021 at 6:26 PM, blabberbeak said:

If they pin down the rules in detail to specific violations, it will open the doors to abuse by trolls and the like.
It´s more effective to define a rule by a description of an offence and similar, which covers a wider range and gives game moderators more leeway in decision-making.

You're right, it will open up to trolls and that. However, I think it's a tradeoff which might be necessary. And if it opens the doors to trollers, then maybe a problem is in the rules and currently internal guidelines themselves.

But I don't believe it's more efficient to define a rule by description of an offence. But it might depend on the interpretation of "efficient". And you talk about that leeway in GMs decision-making, that isn't only good. It can be troublesome. As that will mean more inconsistency. And inconsistency shouldn't be a thing when giving punishments. Everyone should receive the same treatment, not depending on what person.

But it's definitely a double ended sword.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Da n R O said:

In my opinion, only rule that needs to be added is ban if a player is driving on red light on simulation servers, even if he is single in that area

An automatic kick from the server ( independent from the server and used simulator) could be enough to annoy "red light runners" to the point where they just stop this behavior. Additionally, impose a 1 day long ban after receiving 3 automatic kicks on the same day.

Yay or nay?

Hello, I don't think it is necessary to change the rules of the game for the time being. As long as you don't drive CD roads often, the ban is far from you. If you are banned, you must think about your reasons and don't always want to change the rules of the game

Kind regards,

Tony.Stark

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

Archived