Problems with the file path when installing

SJM_027

Question

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with instigating TruckersMP or linking TruckersMP with ETS 2.
When I want to select the file path for ETS 2, the program always tells me that I should use the file path for ETS 2. But I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe the problem is that I bought the game for my old laptop. Because then I activated the game with the product key for my current computer. That's why I can't find the game in the Steam library as it usually does. All YT tutorials that I have looked at mean I should always take a different path under which my ETS 2 cannot be found. If I even have this path.
Maybe someone can help me.
many thanks in advance

8 answers to this question

Hey there! @SJM_027

First of all, Welcome to TruckersMP Forums, especially in Help Section

I would like introduce myself before I will going to help you with your issue ? I really appreciate you shared your issue with us

My name is Petr (RedWolf_TMP), and I am member of TruckersMP Community. My hobby is asnwering/helping to others with their issues/questions as asoon as I am able to. I will do best for you to asnwer your question and you can trust me, you will not be alone to solve your problem here! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer to your question/issue:

• First of all, I would like to say, you are not allowed to buy your game two times, because once soon as you activated it in your Steam, you can not buy it and register your game with another steam account.  You can only buy new laptop and connect it with your current Steam account and install your game.

And now lets see on your issue with installing TMP (especially choosing correct paths to your Games ETS2/ATS

In most cases, the path will look like:  (there may be an exception on the disk on which you installed the game) so it can start with D,E, but the next as Program Files(x86)-Steam ... it is still same.

• For ETS2 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2".
  • For ATS: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator" 

Hope, I have answered your question! 

Sincerely,

RedWolf_TMP 

TruckersMP Member

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hello @ SJM_027,

use this here. -> "C:\ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Euro Truck Simulator 2"

Just copy and paste it. I will link you to a Photo down below where you should insert this, because if you do it this way, the program will be asked to use this location and then it will work.

Simply delete or mark this (marked in blue) Text and then just paste what you copied here from above.

image.png.9f65393c0ec7f35d7e78a3a632f8d398.png

I hope I could help you out. I wish you an wonderful rest of the Weekend.

Kingest Regards,

Doñ Cheeki

Best regards,

Doñ Cheeki | TruckersMP Event Team

56 minutes ago, SJM_027 said:

Thanks @Doñ Cheeki

but I can't find this path on my PC.

Hello,

If you didn't remove the spaces between the different words and \'s, that could be the reason ? 

This is the path without spaces: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2

For more information, check the following link: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/18

I hope that helps ? 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello,

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

Thank you all for your participation!

Kind regards
MatzeOnTour
TruckersMP Support

//Locked and Moved to inactive

Hello there,

Due to this topic not requesting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.

If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Kind Regards,

Stubborn

TruckersMP Support

//Moved to Unsolved Topics