Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

New Promods Canada update is out! Not just compatibility update, there's actually more content

dragonslayingmaster1000

Just released a few days ago and it adds more stuff to the northwest. I noticed ATSMP hasn't gained any players from it unfortunately like the initial promods canada release did which got 1500+ players first few days (unless TMP isn't supporting it yet). Definitely worth playing in singleplayer or SCS MP though. If you play SCS MP make sure you use the steam workshop version of the def file so you have the same one as everyone else.

Once TMP supports it, since it has tight dirt roads I can see it being popular in TMP and can maybe bring ATSMP to life, similar to the Washington DLC bellingham logging road back in June/July 2019 which stayed popular for at least a month. The difference is with this new Canada update is there are multiple dirt roads in this update and they're long too so less boredom driving the same road. This could definitely be more fun than the Kirkenes quarry in ETS2.

Update: So it turns out TMP has actually been supporting it since at least the 17th (this is from the development announcements thread): 

On 11/17/2021 at 7:04 AM, MarkON said:

Hey,

It looks like ProMods Canada 1.1.0 is supported on TruckersMP as of today. You can see the first players in the new areas of the ProMods Canada 1.1.0:

BK7rqFB.png

For some reason they didn't mention they're supporting it, it was just a hidden update. It was only found out by a few players. I hope this is the only reason that it's not popular yet or maybe a lot of people just don't realize the new promods update is out. More people need to know about it, that's why I made this thread.

• dragonslayingmaster1000 changed the title to New Promods Canada update is out! Not just compatibility update, there's actually more content

14 hours ago, dragonslayingmaster1000 said:

Once TMP supports it, since it has tight dirt roads I can see it being popular in TMP and can maybe bring ATSMP to life, similar to the Washington DLC bellingham logging road which stayed popular for at least a month. The difference is with this new Canada update is there are multiple dirt roads in this update and they're long too so less boredom driving the same road. This could definitely be more fun than the Kirkenes quarry in ETS2.

Promods Iceland has many and much more difficult dirt roads, compared to Kirkenes quarry road, even snowed roads are more challenging, but it died pretty quickly, even though you can use doubles there.

And it's probably for the better, because Kirkenes is full of people who think it's dirt rally or something.

ATS on TMP is dead and it's very unlikely Promods will change anything about it. I will just stick to singleplayer where I can enjoy other mods as I prefer driving for long distances on open roads over being confined to one or two  slow bumpy roads.

1 hour ago, Ash_0104 said:

I never tried Promods Canada mainly because Promods downloads are a little slow and I play ETS2 more.

Promods Canada is only about 120MB file download and servers aren't very busy right now.

It's a rather small addition to the map, about half the size of the Washington state, which is required along with Oregon. If you own both, there is little reason to not try it out.

I tried the new update for ProMods Canada yeserday, and I most say it is a great addition to the already existing map. I think it has added something to the game that ATS has been missing compared to ETS2 and ETS2 ProMods.

On 11/20/2021 at 1:40 PM, Ash_0104 said:

From looking at the latest post, maybe the new dirt road could be the Canadian Kirkenes Quarry Road. Looking forward to playing it on TMP.

I was actually thinking just the same thing yesterday, when I drove it. It will probably never be as popular as Kirkenes (or C-D Road). But it would be nice to see some more driver driving around in the same area, since ATS can be pretty dead from time to time.

spacer.png | spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately it looks like it will stay dead. Maybe Texas DLC has some big potential on TMP? Colorado back in last December was good but Wyoming was released around the time of SCS MP so it wasn't really popular on TMP then. But months later, SCS MP isn't the thing holding TMP back because it only gets a max of about 100 players now so I was hoping for ATSMP to be popular again with the new Promods Canada update but it seems like that won't happen.

On 12/20/2021 at 3:20 AM, Tundra_Gaming said:

I remember when ATS was hopping with full servers the few months after it launched, but now adays its gone down in size dramatically. I love how SCS still is pushing content for updates! It's a nice single player experience! 

Last time it happened was during the initial release of Promods Canada and Colorado DLC release in December 2020 which released only a few weeks apart from each other. After that with Wyoming DLC, ATSMP didn't gain any players, partly because of convoy mode but that's not the sole reason for it. TMP has had reduced players since around July and it's just now starting to pick up (only in ETS2 there's a good amount of players though, almost had a full server last weekend), also it had reduced players around the same time last summer/fall too, but it didn't last as long. Another notable time ATSMP got popular other than DLC releases was the Operation Big Sur event. ATSMP on TMP has had its ups and downs but it's been a year so far without a good amount of players on. It doesn't have kind of popular road like ETS2MP does, that's the problem, it needs a popular road so the servers won't be dead, but that would be hard to set up and get a lot of players to join in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s not bad at all, I just don’t think Canada is really needed at the moment. Although it does enhance and makes the truck driver experience a greater amount of states such as even going up to Canada which is great. I’m pretty sure with this mod, Alaska is in the file also, so it’s very interesting to me when I used it. ATS is on top!!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope there's another time where ATSMP becomes popular again, since like I said above last time was in December 2020 with Colorado DLC and Promods Canada. Wyoming didn't bring player count up since it was around the time Convoy released and it was popular at the time (possibly more popular with ATS players I think since they don't have any other good multiplayer to join), although now convoy has a pretty low player count after a few months of it being out, so in the future there could be a possibility for another surge in players. I especially hope for a popular road that people will actually stay on and won't die off after a month or less, but that requires a lot of players to keep it alive and like I said it's very hard to set up and get lots of players to join in the first place. 

ATS has better roads an scenery than ETS. It's a shame that it isn't played more. I love Promods Canada and I usually play ATS on SP as it has AI.

Kind regards,

NexusMEISTER

image.png.ec832aa6009e230c04eab3e11c4cf60c.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived