Summary of over 1 year of TMP.

"RICKY"

Well another one that is almost over.

This topic is open for us to discuss the good and bad of another year of TMP

I come to ask everyone to have a healthy discussion without insults. . 

-How quickly the TMP got the update to the MP, in a year that there were at least 5 updates. 

-The new despatch work was very top and was something that was already missing. 

-TMP events are an asset for TMP, always well organized and interesting to participate.

-Negative the number of players in TMP has been decreasing a lot, but we can't blame TMP is the competition law.

Overall, I consider it to be a very positive year for TMP and I just hope that 2022 will be a very positive year for the entire TMP family and its players. 

I think that with the amount of game/mod developers for the game (Which I believe is 3), that they have done a brilliant job, especially since they all do this part-time and have to balance work and real life. The new dispatch system works fantastically, and the little changes they do to make the experience even a little bit better is greatly appreciated. It's a shame that TMP has lost the volume of players due to Convoy mode, but hopefully this can motivate the dev team more to produce even more content to challenge it. Overall it's been a great year for the team and the community, and let's hope for another!

20 hours ago, RICKY9618 said:

-Negative the number of players in TMP has been decreasing a lot, but we can't blame TMP is the competition law.

While i agree with your other points, i strongly disagree with this one. It's not the competition law per se that made TMP lose its playerbase.

I personally blame the TMP managers and their decisions for the drop on players and i do believe that the TMP mod will keep bleeding players until it won't be able to call itself a Massive Multiplayer Experience anymore. Let me explain.

In spring of 2019 the road to simulation was introduced with a new server structure. The famous #EU2 was going to be renamed to Simulation 1 with a new speed limit and harsh banning rules. The arcade server that was supposed to 'replace' EU2, received the most ridiculous setting, no collisions. That means zero interaction between players within the server, making the game experience worse than singleplayer. That decision made the arcade server pretty useless if you ask me. 

Now, The road to Simulation was a controversial topic among players and it showed that the mod managers didn't regard the community's opinion, but instead they preferred to enforce their vision about the game. 

Within the quarantine period of 2020 there was a big discussion/voting about lifting the speed limit or even raising the limit to its past value (150 km/h), that was completely disregarded. Once again, showing that the community had no say on the matter. At that time there were rumors about another multiplayer mod reaching the surface, and one could simply join their discord community and see how many unhappy TMP players would abandon ship and join the new mod the moment they could enjoy multiplayer in another platform.

The only reason all these years TMP kept a somewhat solid playerbase was due to the fact that it had monopoly over multiplayer. It doesn't matter if you're happy or unhappy about the TMP rules, if you wanted to play ETS2 with other people, you would do it solely on TMP Servers. So these decisions didn't have an immediate effect back then, but anyone who was willing to look deeper to the TMP issues could acknowledge the fact that the moment another multiplayer would reach the surface, TMP would instantly bleed players. And that's exactly what happened.

SCS released Convoy mode. The thing is convoy mode cannot even be considered a direct competitor of TMP, due to the fact that it offers maximum 8 players within one server. Don't get me wrong though, Convoy mode would absorb players from TMP anyway but not to the degree it did. Personally I would choose TMP over convoy mode in a heartbeat if TMP hadn't treated us the way they did with their Road To Simulation and the speed limit rules. I'd rather play with thousands of users instead 7 at best, but why do so when the TMP server settings ruin my experience. I personally haven't joined TMP servers for months and i prefer to spend my time in Convoy mode. And i imagine several other players do so aswell. 

TMP had 7 years to build a strong foundation for their community and instead they managed to drive most of their players away. Nowadays it takes an entire event in order for players to peak at 6k, when in 2018 with ~2 million total registered users (half of today's registered players), 6k peak players would be considered a bad day for TMP. And if this situation don't change, the game will keep losing players until it won't be considered an MMO anymore.

I do believe though that things can still change. TMP has stopped growing indeed but ETS2 hasn't. In fact ETS2 is enjoying great success and that is a sign that TMP can start growing again. All the TMP admins have to do is admit defeat and revamp the entire server structure. I do believe that it will re-attract several players, myself included. 

41 minutes ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

Now, The road to Simulation was a controversial topic among players and it showed that the mod managers didn't regard the community's opinion, but instead they preferred to enforce their vision about the game.

The Road to Simulation was a decision made by the TruckersMP team to shift the focus of their mod back to the simulation aspect of the game.

The reduced speed limit additionally turned out to become a proven measure to significantly reduce the high number of occurrences caused by users driving at excessive speeds.

Eventually, it's their mod and they could do with it what they want. But instead, they regulary start surveys to get feedback from their community. It's not true that they didn't regard their community's opinions.

Naturally, not all wishes can come true. And the wish to reinstate a server configuration like the one before Road to Simulation will remain unfulfilled, which has been stated several times.

For users that were more interested in an arcade playing style, they introduced the arcade server.

With that the two main parties of the community are served in the best possible way.

1 hour ago, Random_Truck_Driver said:

All the TMP admins have to do is admit defeat and revamp the entire server structure. I do believe that it will re-attract several players, myself included

It is in your option to choose and play on a server which suits your interest best.

If you can't decide which, I suggest to try them both and find out.

Don't cry because the good old times are over. Smile because they happened.

I find it funny how one person speaks so easily about what the "community" wants or doesn't want. How some people believe that everyone who switched to the Convoy mode did it because they couldn't bear TruckersMP staff and rules anymore. Maybe many of these people who decided to leave TMP and play Convoy mode did it because they couldn't bear the amount of "Idiots on the road" in TruckersMP that are only happy when they can drive in GTA mode, full speed and crashing everything in their way. For some odd reasons, none of the "unhappy" TMP players seem to even consider that possibility.

Many people have stopped using TMP, that's true, but stating that they did it because of the "Road to Simulation" changes is simply... I won't say it, don't want to be banned. Out of those many people, there are surely some that left because they had no other choice (like, permanently banned), some left because they'd rather play with a bunch of friends instead of a lot of unknown people with so many trolls among them, some left because they can use mods in Convoy that they can't use in TMP.

Notice that I say "Many people", "some of them", not "The community". I'm free to speculate, so I do it, but I can't speak on behalf of all of TruckersMP players, so unlike others, I don't do it.

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

The Road to Simulation was a decision made by the TruckersMP team to shift the focus of their mod back to the simulation aspect of the game.

The reduced speed limit additionally turned out to become a proven measure to significantly reduce the high number of occurrences caused by users driving at excessive speeds.

Eventually, it's their mod and they could do with it what they want. But instead, they regulary start surveys to get feedback from their community. It's not true that they didn't regard their community's opinions.

I don't doubt in fact that the Road to Simulation was a success at certain aspects of the game like reducing the amount of accidents. But that was not the point i made. My point was about how the Road to Simulation affected and affects the amount of players that play the mod. The mod is considered first and foremost a massively multiplayer mod, so its entire foundation is based on the amount of players that actually play the mod. And when it comes to the speed limit, the voting process back in 2020 had ~1k votes and >75% were in favor of removing/raising the speed limit. And that voting happened within these forums, i can only imagine how the voting would have been if it occured within the servers. 

But indeed you're correct, it's their mod and they can do whatever they want with it. And you can see how well that worked with the playerbase based on these decisions. 

Naturally, not all wishes can come true. And the wish to reinstate a server configuration like the one before Road to Simulation will remain unfulfilled, which has been stated several times.

I know it probably won't. But i also see in this forum every month posts mentioning the smaller playerbase and attributing it to the Convoy mode while overlooking the fact that several of these players, myself included, simply went to Convoy mode out of convenience and not because of the convoy's mode superiority over to the TMP mod. Right now, It's laughable to even compare the Convoy mode with the TMP mod. And yet the Convoy mode still in infant stage managed to absorb a big chunk of TMP players and it also puts things in perspective for the future. The more it grows, the less players will come to TMP and so on until like i said in the beginning TMP will no longer be able to call itself a Massive Multiplayer Experience.

It is in your option to choose and play on a server which suits your interest best.

If you can't decide which, I suggest to try them both and find out.

Don't cry because the good old times are over. Smile because they happened.

The time that i was unhappy about the TMP rule changes is way past me. I've been playing the TMP mod since 2015 and certainly the Road to Simulation reduced my play-times. But since the convoy mode released i've only been to TMP for the occasional event. I can once again enjoy ETS2 multiplayer with my desirable settings in Convoy mode. SCS has even mentioned their intention of bringing dedicated servers in the future that might even accomodate up to 128 players (certainly 32 & 64). So nowadays i'm only getting more & more hyped for convoy mode, which shouldn't be the case given the features that TMP receives regularly. I mean regardless the speed limit, TMP has come a long way and has made some remarkable progress and that only makes the drop in the playerbase even worse, considering the amount of work the TMP admins put in their mod.

I find it funny how one person speaks so easily about what the "community" wants or doesn't want. How some people believe that everyone who switched to the Convoy mode did it because they couldn't bear TruckersMP staff and rules anymore. Maybe many of these people who decided to leave TMP and play Convoy mode did it because they couldn't bear the amount of "Idiots on the road" in TruckersMP that are only happy when they can drive in GTA mode, full speed and crashing everything in their way. For some odd reasons, none of the "unhappy" TMP players seem to even consider that possibility.

Many people have stopped using TMP, that's true, but stating that they did it because of the "Road to Simulation" changes is simply... I won't say it, don't want to be banned. Out of those many people, there are surely some that left because they had no other choice (like, permanently banned), some left because they'd rather play with a bunch of friends instead of a lot of unknown people with so many trolls among them, some left because they can use mods in Convoy that they can't use in TMP.

Notice that I say "Many people", "some of them", not "The community". I'm free to speculate, so I do it, but I can't speak on behalf of all of TruckersMP players, so unlike others, I don't do it.

That's a nice narrative that you created there. Did you even read my post? Let's put things in order. First of all, the players that left TMP because they don't want to drive with 'reckless' drivers or they want multiplayer with mods, would leave the mod either way. And that's why i also mentioned those in my 1st post and i said that the Convoy mode would absorb players from TMP anyway but not to the degree it did, because like i also said Convoy mode at its current state is a laughable comparison to TMP

Secondly, The entire foundation of my arguments are a voting process of more than 1k players that happened in these forums within the 1st quarantine of 2020 (When the game peaked player-wise) and several discussions i had with multiple unhappy TMP players from the community back then. I don't speak about what the community wants, the voting did when more than 800 players voted to remove/raise the speed limit (>75%) in a forum with <1% active members of the total players. So you can speculate as much as you want but i'm basing this entire conversation in that process. 

There has never been a discussion/voting within these forums with >1k voters about a subject. That makes the speed limit the most (Or one of the most) controversial topics within TMP and you can be in denial as much as you'd like about it, but the fact remains that TMP playerbase is shrinking and you can even attribute it to the moon cycle for all i care, but unless the admins act on it, i can only wonder how much time it got left until the Convoy Mode completely takes over.

Wow! 1000 hundred players voted! That's not even 50% of the players using ONE server in TruckersMP now, so imagine what the ratio was when TMP was at peak with more than 17000 players... Less than 6% of the player base. Less than 6% of the community. There have been multiple discussions, poll attempts, yes, and they all led to the same thing: Nothing. Because they mean nothing. The only way for a poll to be meaningful would be to give ALL players the chance to submit their vote and that's simply impossible, because most of the player base doesn't use the forums or other information tools. Many don't even read the rules...

The moon cycle could be a reason too for the player base to be lower, now that I think of it. Or the pandemic situation being a lot more under control than before, with people going back to school, to work. Or the amount of people that don't try to ban-evade now that they can use Convoy mode. And of course, the speed limits can have made many players to switch to Convoy mode. Good for them and good for those who'd rather stay in a real multi player environment where the key word is included in the games' names: "Simulator". At last, the racers have their own MP mode without rules, without people that will report them, they should be happy. At last, the rest of us have a lot less racers in the TMP servers, less idiots that will ram us at full speed, we should be happy. So... Everyone should be happy!

The only way that the Convoy mode can take over TruckersMP would be, IMO, if they made 2000 (or more) players servers. Now, can you really imagine a 2000 players server without rules? That would be really funny to see. Imagine the amount of trolls that would love to have a no-speed limits server full of unknown people to destroy. It wouldn't even be GTA, it would be Wreckfest. Also, imagine synchronising the NPC traffic for 2000 players. Imagine synchronising mods among ALL 2000 players.

So let's imagine that SCS decided to try. They'd open a 2000 players capacity server. But they'd face 2 possibilities: Leave the server 100% "Wild West" style or set rules. "Wild West" would mean Wreckfest and trolls paradise. Rules would mean that a team of people would need to be appointed to enforce those rules. Sooner rather than later, the server would become unplayable or a clone of what TruckersMP is now. If that's the future that so many people want... I'd rather stay with TruckersMP. "Better the devil you know..."

EDIT: I realised just now that I've gone quite off-topic. In my defense, I can only say that I agree to all points in the OP so my replies were only meant as my own opinion against the one disagreement that was posted.

3 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Wow! 1000 hundred players voted! That's not even 50% of the players using ONE server in TruckersMP now, so imagine what the ratio was when TMP was at peak with more than 17000 players... Less than 6% of the player base. Less than 6% of the community. There have been multiple discussions, poll attempts, yes, and they all led to the same thing: Nothing. Because they mean nothing. The only way for a poll to be meaningful would be to give ALL players the chance to submit their vote and that's simply impossible, because most of the player base doesn't use the forums or other information tools. Many don't even read the rules...

Do you even know how statistics work? If these polls mean nothing to you, you clearly need to read the definition. This forum represents a sample of the playerbase. It's not even an impartial sample as i'd argue that most people who find their way in here lean towards the simulation aspect of the game. The fact that within this forum that voting went the way it did, is a huge red flag for the mod. 

Also to take into account your approach, in the past the admins have done a voting process from within the servers about the /fix command. They didn't do so with the speed limit though.

The moon cycle could be a reason too for the player base to be lower, now that I think of it. Or the pandemic situation being a lot more under control than before, with people going back to school, to work. Or the amount of people that don't try to ban-evade now that they can use Convoy mode. And of course, the speed limits can have made many players to switch to Convoy mode. Good for them and good for those who'd rather stay in a real multi player environment where the key word is included in the games' names: "Simulator". At last, the racers have their own MP mode without rules, without people that will report them, they should be happy. At last, the rest of us have a lot less racers in the TMP servers, less idiots that will ram us at full speed, we should be happy. So... Everyone should be happy!

Apparently it hasn't worked out so well for everyone since every relative post within this forum makes a reference to the lower player numbers. Just take a look at this thread and how the creator mentioned the shrinking playerbase as something negative. And as much as you wanna look down on 'racers' that moved on Convoy mode, please enlighten me to what makes a game a simulator when the map is empty and you can hardly find other players or there's no traffic whatsoever and will never will? Perhaps stopping in a red light somewhere in Scandinavia with 0 players & traffic within miles & miles of road makes sense to you to call it a simulation.

The only way that the Convoy mode can take over TruckersMP would be, IMO, if they made 2000 (or more) players servers. Now, can you really imagine a 2000 players server without rules? That would be really funny to see. Imagine the amount of trolls that would love to have a no-speed limits server full of unknown people to destroy. It wouldn't even be GTA, it would be Wreckfest. Also, imagine synchronising the NPC traffic for 2000 players. Imagine synchronising mods among ALL 2000 players.

So let's imagine that SCS decided to try. They'd open a 2000 players capacity server. But they'd face 2 possibilities: Leave the server 100% "Wild West" style or set rules. "Wild West" would mean Wreckfest and trolls paradise. Rules would mean that a team of people would need to be appointed to enforce those rules. Sooner rather than later, the server would become unplayable or a clone of what TruckersMP is now. If that's the future that so many people want... I'd rather stay with TruckersMP. "Better the devil you know..."

SCS has said that they have no intention of ever doing a similar project as TMP. It requires a lot of human resources to moderate and it's not in their best interest. What they said, they will do is eventually bring dedicated game servers (DGS) for the convoy mode. With today's technology, a DGS can accomodate up to 64 players in a really decent state. Since Convoy mode brings traffic into the table, it's impossible to build an MMO experience with traffic anyway. So 64 or even 128 players is the maximum that Convoy mode will ever go. DGS are usually run by small player communities, so moderation will be up to them.

Now, unlike TMP that's considered a free roam and everyone is doing their thing (Either a job or aimlessly driving around), in Convoy mode given it's job browser feature, you can organize the players easily and 32 (Or even 64) organised players combined with the ai traffic is a way much better experience than TMP. The truth about TMP is that it needs thousands of users to compensate for the lack of traffic. That's also the reason why the C-D road is so popular first and foremost, because it's a busy road without a separator and players can interact with each other.

To summarize, i did mention to re-structure the servers but it's actually the first time that i didn't say it for my convenience. Nowadays Convoy mode suits my playstyle and i'm looking forward to the DGS that will increase the player limit even further. TMP is only for the occasional event nowadays, but if the mod would want to attract a chunk of players back, the way to do so is by adding collisions to the arcade server or creating a server like the old #EU2. You mentioned it yourself, players left because they enjoy mods or because they want to avoid reckless drivers. And they're not the ones that will come back. But those who left due to the Road to Simulation, can still come back.

This forum represents a sample of the playerbase. It's not even an impartial sample as i'd argue that most people who find their way in here lean towards the simulation aspect of the game. The fact that within this forum that voting went the way it did, is a huge red flag for the mod.

Most people lean towards the simulation aspect of the game and a poll is won by those who lean towards the NO simulation aspect of the game? This doesn't make a lot of sense. It's like making a poll about dinner among 100 people, most of them like meat and dislike fish and the result of the poll is that 75% of the voters want fish for dinner? I'd say that this is a huge red flag for the poll.

But those who left due to the Road to Simulation, can still come back.

Well, maybe the idea after Road to Simulation was precisely to get rid of those people. Who'd want them back in the servers? Not me, certainly, and I'm pretty sure that most of the GM team would agree. Bringing back the infamous "good old awesome EU#2" server could bring some players back. But it would certainly make some other players leave again. I had been away from TMP for months before Road to Simulation became a thing, because I was sick of starting 4-5 WoTr jobs and being unable to finish a single one of them without being rammed by 150 Km/h "Idiots on the road".

Anyway, only time will tell. Maybe TMP will bring back the old times when some players can drive their Scout tanks at 300 Km/h, their Volvos or Scanias at 180 Km/h, some other players will leave out of desperation. Or maybe TMP will decide to just shut the whole project down. All we can do is enjoy what we like for as long as we have it. Nothing lasts forever.

@Random_Truck_Driver,

I appreciate your answer to my post.

To be honest, I left TruckersMP several months ago and started a new profile in singleplayer.

What drove me away was and still is the fact that TMP has a lot of players flocked together on a certain area with the rest of the map being deserted. Mind you, this isn't caused by a reduced number of users. It has been like this since Europort and continued with the infamous Calais-Duisburg disaster.

If TMP could provide AI traffic, I would be back faster than you can say Euro Truck Simulator.

Most people lean towards the simulation aspect of the game and a poll is won by those who lean towards the NO simulation aspect of the game? This doesn't make a lot of sense. It's like making a poll about dinner among 100 people, most of them like meat and dislike fish and the result of the poll is that 75% of the voters want fish for dinner? I'd say that this is a huge red flag for the poll.

Yes, the majority of the active users within this forum lean towards the simulation aspect of the game. And that reinforces the fact that a large chunk of players back then joined the forum simply to vote on the speed limit poll and show their preference. Which is what made the speed limit discussion so controversial in the first place and it's also why i mentioned a red flag considering that the TMP admins completely disregarded the fact that a large amount of players joined the forums to express their discontent with the Speed limit rule.

Well, maybe the idea after Road to Simulation was precisely to get rid of those people. Who'd want them back in the servers? Not me, certainly, and I'm pretty sure that most of the GM team would agree. Bringing back the infamous "good old awesome EU#2" server could bring some players back. But it would certainly make some other players leave again. I had been away from TMP for months before Road to Simulation became a thing, because I was sick of starting 4-5 WoTr jobs and being unable to finish a single one of them without being rammed by 150 Km/h "Idiots on the road".

Anyway, only time will tell. Maybe TMP will bring back the old times when some players can drive their Scout tanks at 300 Km/h, their Volvos or Scanias at 180 Km/h, some other players will leave out of desperation. Or maybe TMP will decide to just shut the whole project down. All we can do is enjoy what we like for as long as we have it. Nothing lasts forever.

I have a question. Wasn't the Sim Server (#EU1 if i recall correctly) back then safe enough for you and anyone who wanted a safer envirnonment to play there? You definitely didn't have to deal with idiots on the road in that server, since the majority of them was on #EU2.

Now this is an assumption but I'm going to assume that you didn't play on #EU1 due to the lack of players, because obviously you didn't enjoy driving alone in an empty map since #EU1 averaged ~1k players.

But now that raises another question. Which server will you play at when TMP playerbase shrink even further due to Convoy becoming more popular and bringing more features, especially when dedicated servers release and provide 32 & 64 player spots? And at which point will TMP no longer have the players necessary to consider itself a massive multiplayer and will essentially lose the only advantage over convoy mode.

These players that you seem to disregard so much were a necessity for TMP. They mostly travelled on the C-D Road and cause chaos. And you know what else they did? Within the years they drove the server peak further and further and allowed for the mod to grow and become more & more popular. Because having full servers on a daily basis shows an active community which would in turn lead to an ever growing community. That's a massive multiplayer community. 

The Road to Simulation tried to force a more focused & niche community and in the process brought this result in the playerbase, peaking at 60% in rush hour when once the server would be full and the queue had another 300 players. You're correct, nothing lasts forever. I guess, enjoy TMP while you still can.

To be honest, I left TruckersMP several months ago and started a new profile in singleplayer.

What drove me away was and still is the fact that TMP has a lot of players flocked together on a certain area with the rest of the map being deserted. Mind you, this isn't caused by a reduced number of users. It has been like this since Europort and continued with the infamous Calais-Duisburg disaster.

If TMP could provide AI traffic, I would be back faster than you can say Euro Truck Simulator.

I understand.

Technically speaking AI traffic is impossible for TMP.

It's true that I didn't use EU#1 server so much and it's true that it was because it had too few players, making it almost the same as using single player with disabled NPC traffic. That doesn't mean that I'd enjoy playing will all NFS fans in EU#2 and the reason why I stopped using TMP altogether at one point. Didn't like EU#1 server for a reason, didn't like EU#2 server for a different reason, so I decided to stop using them. It shouldn't sound too weird though. We both agree that "many" people left TMP after RTS because they didn't like Sim servers for the lower speed limits and didn't like Arcade servers for the lack of collisions.

However, I didn't open some poll or started opening threads one week after the other, asking for TMP to change things. I sent a suggestion, using the appropriate section in the forums. I suggested some changes, gave the reasons why I thought that the change would be for the better. Funny thing, it suggested almost exactly the same changes that Road to Simulation brought some time later. I'd say that TMP staff agreed with me on that. And since the changes have remained so far, I'd say that TMP staff still believes that they were for the better.

I know that there have been lots of other suggestions since, to remove RTS and go back to things as they were before, but they have all been rejected. Most, because no one would give a valid reason as to how this would improve TMP. BTW, your only reason for this, as of now, is that it would bring back some players so the servers would be more crowded. But this alleged improvement would also bring a clear counterpart: The amount of reports, bans, appeals, would go again off the charts. Which is probably why TMP refuses to go back. But hey, the suggestions section still exists and if mine was accepted then, maybe a completely opposite one could be accepted now if it's seen as an improvement.

As a final note, TMP didn't lose half (-ish) of its players because RTS was implemented. In fact, the biggest numbers ever seen in TMP's servers are from times AFTER the RTS was implemented. TMP lost half (-ish) of its players when SCS released an alternative MP mode. It would have been the same if RTS had never happened. Because in the alternative there are things that have never been (and most likely will never be) in TMP, like the NPC traffic, the mods, the chance to play without speed limits AND collisions, without rules, without bans, without trolls... When people have only one option, they can only use that. When people have two options, it's only natural that they split. Some will only use one, some will only use the other, some will use both.

11 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It's true that I didn't use EU#1 server so much and it's true that it was because it had too few players, making it almost the same as using single player with disabled NPC traffic. That doesn't mean that I'd enjoy playing will all NFS fans in EU#2 and the reason why I stopped using TMP altogether at one point. Didn't like EU#1 server for a reason, didn't like EU#2 server for a different reason, so I decided to stop using them. It shouldn't sound too weird though. We both agree that "many" people left TMP after RTS because they didn't like Sim servers for the lower speed limits and didn't like Arcade servers for the lack of collisions.

However, I didn't open some poll or started opening threads one week after the other, asking for TMP to change things. I sent a suggestion, using the appropriate section in the forums. I suggested some changes, gave the reasons why I thought that the change would be for the better. Funny thing, it suggested almost exactly the same changes that Road to Simulation brought some time later. I'd say that TMP staff agreed with me on that. And since the changes have remained so far, I'd say that TMP staff still believes that they were for the better.

I know that there have been lots of other suggestions since, to remove RTS and go back to things as they were before, but they have all been rejected. Most, because no one would give a valid reason as to how this would improve TMP. BTW, your only reason for this, as of now, is that it would bring back some players so the servers would be more crowded. But this alleged improvement would also bring a clear counterpart: The amount of reports, bans, appeals, would go again off the charts. Which is probably why TMP refuses to go back. But hey, the suggestions section still exists and if mine was accepted then, maybe a completely opposite one could be accepted now if it's seen as an improvement.

There's really no other reason. It's a live and let live situation. As of today, TMP exists as a massive multiplayer mod, so having a solid playerbase should be priority number one. TMP needs thousands of users to compensate for the lack of traffic. So It can't and won't exist without a solid playerbase. Whether you agree or not, the mod won't survive another drop in the playerbase.

As a final note, TMP didn't lose half (-ish) of its players because RTS was implemented. In fact, the biggest numbers ever seen in TMP's servers are from times AFTER the RTS was implemented. TMP lost half (-ish) of its players when SCS released an alternative MP mode. It would have been the same if RTS had never happened. Because in the alternative there are things that have never been (and most likely will never be) in TMP, like the NPC traffic, the mods, the chance to play without speed limits AND collisions, without rules, without bans, without trolls... When people have only one option, they can only use that. When people have two options, it's only natural that they split. Some will only use one, some will only use the other, some will use both.

Yes, it didn't lose its players the moment RTS was implemented. The reason for that is the monopoly it had over multiplayer. RTS left me with a feeling of discontent but that doesn't mean that i stopped playing. Although it did reduce my play-time, i was still around because well it was the only multiplayer platform. And many players did so aswell. Also, i've been in the discord server of another (would-be) massive multiplayer mod and i've seen the amount of players it attracted. There are a lot of people who played TMP and waited years for an alternative to reach the surface, in order to jump ship. And that's a problem of the TMP admins. Instead of building a solid foundation and try to please as many as possible, they focused on a niche playerbase and disregarded the rest.

Also, i consider the peaks in playerbase during 2020 highly questionable and completely circumstancial. First peak March - May 2020 was the 1st global quarantine.  Second peak October 2020 - May 2021 was the 2nd quarantine. 

Please don't make me repeat myself. At no point of this discussion, i was absolute at anything.

To summarize, obviously the RTS was not the only reason for the recent drop in playerbase, but it played a major role. The TMP had 7 years to build a strong and loyal community and focusing on a selective group clearly didn't help. I do believe that if they want to keep this mod as is, they should re-structure their servers, but if they don't, i won't lose sleep over it. Like people enjoy telling me in this forum, it's their mod and they can do whatever they want with it. Anything i said is based on the speed limit poll (The biggest voting poll this forum ever saw), a discussion i had in the past with a TMP admin who shed some light in the playerbase stats and the sheer amount of people i saw and talked with in the other (would-be) massive multiplayer mod that was eventually cancelled. Feel free to disregard them as speculation, but the fact is that the playerbase has shrinked and the future of the mod is uncertain.

It's been a turbulent year for TMP, I don't think anyone denies that. The developers have worked hard to make TMP better. And we should honor that. TMP also got their first full time paid worker, a big step. And we could see the result of that with the time it took to implement 1.42.

However, we lost a lot of members, and who is to blame for that is debatable. I don't think anyone is to blame, as many people have been at fault.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

I have to agree. It's amazing to see how fast truckersmp and the community is developing and how much work is put into this.

Events get better every time and i can't wait to see what's next ?

Only thing i'm a little sad about is the decreasing player-base but i'm confident that we all will stay strong as a community ?

Have a nice day!

From my point of view as staff member I would consider this year overall a positive one. Sure, there have been big negatives too, such as SCSMP (to some degree) and the lower player-count, but overall the quality improved a lot. Many new updates, small and big additions and changes to TMP that add up quite quickly. A paid developer makes things even better and considering the year isn't over yet, I wouldn't call it a day :). I can only see things getting better now, but patience will still be required as things don't develop themselves ;). I'm excited to see what the next year brings and what can possibly still happen. 

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Guest ouzersn
On 11/16/2021 at 6:56 PM, RICKY9618 said:

-Negative the number of players in TMP has been decreasing a lot

No they are increasing due bad management, but the moderators mute them, hide them.

Tbh nobody can blame TruckersMP management. All of staff members always work hard for no-money but i want to share my some opinion here. 

1-The event team should create more events.

2- The game moderation team should check some game rules again and again. The team also should listen people. For example; most of people are annoyed due to the speed limit etc.

3- Support, Translator and other team always do their best. I apprecite them for their hard work.
4- I can’t see any advertisement in anywhere. People always are online in social media sites. The management should give some advertisement to social media sites. 
5- Old players don’t spend time in the multiplayer mod due to some reason. I think the management should do some for them. 

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator

• Nody locked this topic

Archived