ets2 crashing

Question

hi,

i recently installed vtlog for a vtc, however decided to leave the vtc and so uninstalled the mod by deleting the file, this has caused my ets2 to crash upon loading after a warning about advanced SDK binary (whatever that is). i tried validating the files, steam saw no issues with them so i uninstalled and reinstalled: no difference so i manually deleted the entire thing from both documents and D drive steam files (where ets is stored) to no avail. i also tried new profiles however this still crashed. if anyone can help that would be great as the only other option i can think of is either a hidden file for vtlog or something in steam itself which i do not know how to access.

thanks in advance

lewis112358

14 answers to this question

3 hours ago, lewis112358 said:

https://pastebin.com/embed_js/K38t7H0i?theme=dark just looks like a load of gybberish to me but hopefully someone can decipher meaning.

one of my attempts was to delete every single file i could find to do with ets and tmp and reinstall in theory from fresh, i didnt even copy any profiles across, they sort of came with as steam profiles (im assuming saved to steam not my pc)

looks to me is still there  loading 'LogIt_x64' 'C:/ProgramData/LogIt/LogIt_x64.dll

search that location on your pc then delete that map too.

hi,

thanks for the suggestions

i believe the deleting of logit.dll may be what has caused the issues, as this all started after i deleted the file, it does not exist in any of these places regardless so this does not help

13 minutes ago, eireluke085 said:

Delete logit.dll from <your install location>\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\plugins

and/or \win_x86\plugins (for 32bit)

2 minutes ago, CaptainCat. said:

Hey lewis112358.

Did you tried to reinstall the TMP launcher?

if not, you can do it by pressing F1.

Hope this will help you!

Kind regards, CaptainCat.

i have tried this however the issue is also with singleplayer, not just multiplayer so i doubt tmp can actually fix this. whenever i select the profile it gets halfway through loading it then crashes regardless of single/multiplayer

Hi there,

Did you use any custom mods from the VTC at all? Removal of these without selling in-game assets that use them (such as trucks, trailers, garages, etc.), might cause this issue.

If not, have a go with a different profile and see if it still happens.

Please also let us know when your problem get solved so we are able to keep the forum tidy ?

Kind regards,

Stubborn.
TruckersMP - Support

1 minute ago, Stubborn. said:

Hi there,

Did you use any custom mods from the VTC at all? Removal of these without selling in-game assets that use them (such as trucks, trailers, garages, etc.), might cause this issue.

If not, have a go with a different profile and see if it still happens.

Please also let us know when your problem get solved so we are able to keep the forum tidy ?

Kind regards,

Stubborn.
TruckersMP - Support

the only mod from the vtc was vtlog, as far as i am aware this added no new things to the game just counted distance etc, i just tried creating a new profile with nothing added for sure and it crashed before even giving options like name and company logo etc. i changed no other mods and also removed the entire existence of ets2 and ets2tmp on my pc as far as i can tell so the install should be brand new with only steam profiles carrying over, this does make me wonder if i need to change something in steam settings however i have no idea what this would be

Hey there @lewis112358

First of all, Welcome to TruckersMP Forums, especially in Help Section :tmp:

I would like introduce myself before I will going to help you with your issue ? I really appreciate you shared your issue with us!

My name is Petr (RedWolf_TMP), and I am member of TruckersMP Community. My hobby is asnwering/helping to others with their issues/questions as asoon as I am able to. I will do best for you to asnwer your question.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer to your question/issue:

• Make sure, you have uninstalled all files around VTC client (some files, that are still exist can cause your game crashing)
  • But if you are having same problem in singleplayer too, I am afraid you will have to re-install your whole game from Steam. (you can save your profiles from Documents - ETS 2 - profiles / then delete all about ETS2 so the whole folder) but honestly would be better to create another one after clear re-instalation)

Regards,

RedWolf_TMP 

TruckersMP Member

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

10 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

It would be more helpful if you provide us with your game.log located in your euro truck simulator 2 map in your documents.

Use pastebin for that to create a link and share it here.

https://pastebin.com/embed_js/K38t7H0i?theme=dark just looks like a load of gybberish to me but hopefully someone can decipher meaning.

11 hours ago, RedWolf_TMP said:

Hey there @lewis112358

First of all, Welcome to TruckersMP Forums, especially in Help Section :tmp:

I would like introduce myself before I will going to help you with your issue ? I really appreciate you shared your issue with us!

My name is Petr (RedWolf_TMP), and I am member of TruckersMP Community. My hobby is asnwering/helping to others with their issues/questions as asoon as I am able to. I will do best for you to asnwer your question.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer to your question/issue:

• Make sure, you have uninstalled all files around VTC client (some files, that are still exist can cause your game crashing)
  • But if you are having same problem in singleplayer too, I am afraid you will have to re-install your whole game from Steam. (you can save your profiles from Documents - ETS 2 - profiles / then delete all about ETS2 so the whole folder) but honestly would be better to create another one after clear re-instalation)

Regards,

RedWolf_TMP 

TruckersMP Member

one of my attempts was to delete every single file i could find to do with ets and tmp and reinstall in theory from fresh, i didnt even copy any profiles across, they sort of came with as steam profiles (im assuming saved to steam not my pc)

1 hour ago, SvartWolf said:

Hello there!

Has your problem/question been resolved with the answers given above? The confirmation of the status of your problem/question helps us always keep our forum organized!

I await your response.

Kind Regards,

SvartWolf

TruckersMP Support

Hi, I am still looking for a solution for this issue, so far none of the suggestions have been able to let me back into the gamr

4 hours ago, eireluke085 said:

Looking at the game log you still have logit on your computer at C:/ProgramData/LogIt/LogIt_x64.dll

Try delete that folder and see if it helps

Double check your ets2 install location in the plugin folders aswell

5 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

looks to me is still there  loading 'LogIt_x64' 'C:/ProgramData/LogIt/LogIt_x64.dll

search that location on your pc then delete that map too.

thankyou for the help guys, no idea why this was in c drive however deleting it appears to have worked and i am now able to join the game again

SvartWolf this thread can be moved to solved topics now (or any other person who can do this, not too sure who it will be)

thankyou to everyone for your help with possible solutions even if they didnt quite work

lewis112358

Hello,

I am glad to hear that you got an answer to your question.

Do not hesitate to contact us again by creating a topic or a support ticket.

Kind Regards,

JJay

TruckersMP Support

// Locked & Moved to Solved

Nie ma magicznych skrótów do rozwiązania Twoich problemów.

Ban appeal | Complaints / Feedback | TruckersMP Rules | Join the Team |