Guess again about mods..

nikitasius

Hi folks,

I read some articles over the web + a bit this forum. As i see, i can't use local mods if i wan't to play truckersmp (they are simply not found).

All i need is to install some tools like ALM, edit saves, and add mods manually and play after this.

And this manipulations works only on non-steamcloud saves. So if i use steam cloud for my saves i must uncheck this box.

Am i right?

Hi @nikitasius,

I am not sure if this is the right place to discuss about Local MODs, but if you want to do any Save Edit, you need to unmark Steam Cloud under Edit Profile.

Also what you are going to need is the SII_descrypt which helps you to open your game.sii without any Problems. Here you can download it -> download

About Local MODs, you need to put them into your Profile by yourself as the MODs do not appear in the Game MOD Manager.

TruckersMP does not support any SinglePlayer MODs as over 4.000.000 People should have the same MOD installed etc. and TruckersMP will never support that.

I think I could Answer your Question.

King Regards,

Doñ Cheeki

Best regards,

Doñ Cheeki | TruckersMP Event Team

@rs_italy & @Doñ Cheeki1st of all thank you for your messages. I will try to write a more detailed post.

1) Since truckersmp require licence ETS2 i have steam game & mods. In mod manager i don't see local AND workshop. There are no problem to download steam mod, made scs from, add into save game file. But i need to track and update it manually each time. Since this save is for "main profile" i will need to accept that way to manage my mods.

2) @Doñ Cheeki as i see, truckersmp don't support any mod. It just ignores the mods users have.

So, for me (personally, i'm an "IT guy", but i don't know truckersmp architecture) very logic looks this way:
1) launcher allow folks to choose mods they want INSTEAD of just game allow to load mods from savegame file.

2) truckersmp still continue to NOT support and IGNORE mods users have.

short: I don't ask truckersmp to support the mods, i ask truckersmp to ALLOW mod manager usage. If game load mods from save file, it can allow to manage them in manager if truckersmp will allow this/madesometrick for this.

Hi @nikitasius,

the Answer to your last Message is also mentioned in my previous Message.

If TruckersMP would enable that, that Users can use MODs per MOD Manager, then over 4 Million Users will NEED to have that SAME MOD so everyone can see it and use TruckersMP Launcher.

Local MODs have been made on a basic usage of an Add-On Hookup which the Game it self owns it.

All these Local MODs and SinglePlayer MODs have been made in Blender, only thing that it's different between these is, that Local MODs can ONLY be activated by the game.sii Way and SinglePlayer MODs are normal MODs made for the SCS base Game. 

To make it clear by a short sentence, an Local MOD is actually the same as an High Beam Light, an Small light from the base Game that you can choose on any Light Bar, on any Roof Grill etc. that's why nobody can see the Local MODs that you have on your Vehicle.

Usage from MODs by MOD Manager actually exists due the Official Euro Truck Simulator 2 Convoy with the max. 8 Players and TruckersMP does not need/won't to enable that MOD Manager usage because it already exists and it would be useless, basically TruckersMP would need stop their Work for something that already exist.

There is really no point to ask TruckersMP to enable that, as it's useless at 4 Million Users Community. You will be the only one who would like to have that enabled, that's what I want to say.

King Regards,

Doñ Cheeki

Best regards,

Hi @Doñ Cheeki, thanks for your reply. Well, as i understood from your messages:

• enabling "mod manager" mod handling will force server to support these mods and.. other folks to support them too. Thats bit strange for me but.. ok (especially if MP architecture of truckersmp is made by the devs from this project and not by scs folks as i read from some old threads).
  • local mods can be activated only by save file (local mods = absolutely local, so steam mods should be converted). When i play single game i have them activated and it's via mod manager.
  • make usage of mod manager for single game when only me can see/use those mods not a checkpoint for devs, there are many other tasks.

Personally: nice to hear about 4 millions truckers, but in case of game bought in steam when you wanna just relax and drive a bit in MP, a bit in single or in convoy having steam mods, which updated automatically, thats much better.

Those tools to edit save files are nice, but there are always risk what version Y will brake compatibility with version X, so.. you need to rollback your game till it will be fixed.

Such small things make a big problem over the time (only the habits can help, guess). So for me (guy who paid steam game finally and just wanna enjoy steam's services and features for 146%) finding it bit.. old style, which is great for free games ?

Thats only my personal opinion, i pretty sure, some folks agree with me, some wanna burn me ?

I will take a look at those tools, test 2-3 drives in MP, will look how i can combine single-convoy-mp-freshmods within same save file with a minimum movements/editions.

Some of us are already God of Save Edit, so there is no Problem for us when the Game Updates etc. but simple Tutorial to learn how to Save Edit is on YouTube and I'll link it down below.

Tutorial on English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pj_9YdZTZs

Tutorial on German: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6K-kwF-hNA

If you want to play TruckersMP and SCS Convoy, then the best solution is to make 2 Profiles due all your process from SCS Convoy will be removed once you login into TruckersMP as TruckersMP does not support the SCS Convoy Option.

Local MODs have been made to make the Gaming Experience a little bit better and to simulate the Road to the Reality by using Interiors, Exterior Parts and much more and Local MODs do have nothing to do with Singleplayer MODs as Singleplayer MODs got converted in Blender and remade so everyone can use these MODs as an Add-On Hookup.

The SCS Convoy option has been made by SCS Software which enable the Option to join/host an "Server" with the maximum amount of 8 Players, and at that amount of Players is it much easier to get same MODs as with over 4 Million People. That's the point what I want to tell you. 

To enable MOD Manager at TruckersMP will just cause a disaster and many Problems not only to the Launcher, to everyone who want to play TruckersMP.

Best regards,

@Doñ Cheekiwell i tried some stuff:

porting mods into local mods it's waste of time. More mod is complex, more changes you need.

Next, server kicks for using additional parts, for example engines:

[21:53:51] <error> Unable to find accessory '/home/local_mod/def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16_2012/engine/d16k750.sii' in accessories data base!
[21:53:51] <error> Unable to find accessory '/home/local_mod/def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16_2012/transmission/ato3512fraa.sii' in accessories data base!
[21:53:51] <info> [net] Kicked from the server. Reason: Detected modified trailer accessories, disable modifications.

So.. this MP game have whitelist database and simply kicks out if cannot find.

Guess, i can only play it vanilla or with modified vanilla parts, but not with added except if it's in whitelist like couple of mods you offer (autumn package etc).

Honestly, there are much more realism especially in case of driving sensations when you use correct mods. In case of truckersmp you have just real drivers, but engines (or transmission) remains arcade (default, only if you do not edited them before).

Original convoy gives better game immersion (due improved realism via mods as i mentioned above). Convoy allow only 8 people, but they are together, so, guess density on the highway it nearly the same as in this project (except some overpeopled areas).

For me personally it's doesn't worth as is it, but at least i tried and tested some of my theories. 4 million accounts it's great, but better to count active folks.

Lack of realism very bad (when it can be improved).

On 11/18/2021 at 10:03 PM, nikitasius said:

porting mods into local mods it's waste of time. More mod is complex, more changes you need.

[21:53:51] <error> Unable to find accessory '/home/local_mod/def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16_2012/engine/d16k750.sii' in accessories data base!
[21:53:51] <error> Unable to find accessory '/home/local_mod/def/vehicle/truck/volvo.fh16_2012/transmission/ato3512fraa.sii' in accessories data base!
[21:53:51] <info> [net] Kicked from the server. Reason: Detected modified trailer accessories, disable modifications.

Guess, i can only play it vanilla or with modified vanilla parts, but not with added except if it's in whitelist like couple of mods you offer (autumn package etc).

Honestly, there are much more realism especially in case of driving sensations when you use correct mods. In case of truckersmp you have just real drivers, but engines (or transmission) remains arcade (default, only if you do not edited them before).

Original convoy gives better game immersion (due improved realism via mods as i mentioned above). Convoy allow only 8 people, but they are together, so, guess density on the highway it nearly the same as in this project (except some overpeopled areas).

For me personally it's doesn't worth as is it, but at least i tried and tested some of my theories. 4 million accounts it's great, but better to count active folks.

thats some old news ...

the home local directory path had been changed two years ago ...   there is no home folder anymore. 

and indeed the truckersmp engine try to replace things with vanilla parts.  thats why mods that use vanilla data work best.   and savegame edits or def. flicks can be addapted and infused.  

On 11/18/2021 at 10:03 PM, nikitasius said:

I'm not expert of Local Modding (actually I have no idea how it works). But from what I know there is some things that can be changed through local modding, and as far as I can tell you didn't get kicked due to your engine or transmission but because you apparently used something on your trailer that isn't allowed. What it was I wouldn't be able to say, but I guess it was something that wasn't intended for a trailer, but possible the truck itself. As some users has previously mentioned their is a limit to what you can actually mod, since if you mod something that e.g. makes your trailers hitbox (have no idea if that's actually a thing) then all TMP Users would need to have the same mod to be able to see the modification so they don't end up hitting your trailer. At least that's how I understands it from listening to others talk about modding in TMP. But as I mentioned I don't know that much about local mod, or save editing for that matter. I can save edit my licens plate that's about it. But then again, for me it doesn't really matter if the transmission, engine (and sound) among other things is 100% like in the real world. What I like about the game is the ability to meet new people while casually driving in-game.

spacer.png | spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

@BudokanTBnope, only those few mods. I have all DLC enabled except DLC with Volvo contructions.

@seth_haveronidk about `home` folder, but game exe file still contain strings about ?

Anyway i don't play truckersmp: editing files to play it's not my way to relax and have fun. If truckers will do some handy update to allow use mods locally without hangover it will be nice. In other ways i play convoy or solo driving fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized.

If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me

Kindest regards,

DatSpeed

TruckersMP Community Moderator

// Locked & Moved to Archive

LanguagesTR / EN

-> Rules | Feedback | Report System | Ban Appeal <-

image.png

Archived