Cars

Turbo Diesel V8

Hello,
I'd like to know your opinion about squeezing cars between trucks. I don't mean cars squeezing between trucks and causing accidents, because that's what nobody likes. I mean about squeezing between trucks when there is enough space between them and if there is traffic jam (like motorcycles do in real world). Do you think its bad? I'd also like to know is it ok with rules

Kind Regards,
Turbo Diesel V8
TURBODIZELV8.jpg.363cb9585bf0b06e25497844a12d0ddf.jpg

You are talking about lane splitting - overtaking slow moving or stopped traffic between lanes moving in the same direction, or filtering - slowly moving through stopped traffic, a common maneveur executed by motorcycle riders.

As far as I know it is legal around EU and in some US states like California, however this is only for motorcycles and only when the lanes go in the same direction.

Doing this in the car, and between lanes which go in opposite directions or on the motorway at high speeds (between lanes or utilizing right or left shoulder) is illegal, even for motorcycles, and deffinitely against the TMP rules.

I've only seen something like this in city traffic and only done by motorcycles, never by cars. Cars are supposed to drive inside the corresponding lane and only change lanes for overtaking when possible, but changing lanes means go to another lane completely, not squeeze between the traffic in one lane and the traffic in the adjacente lane, no matter how much room there is there, the drivers ahead, like Blabberbeak said, are not expecting to see someone appear in such place, specially in intense traffic conditions, they will be watching the traffic ahead and in the adjacent lanes, not the one coming from behind "between" lanes, because this should never happen so it should never have to be expected.

Lastly, we all know how these manoeuvres end up most of the times, with the "squeezing" vehicle ramming either the vehicle on their left lane or the one on their right lane. Because at some point, they will find that there's no more gap to squeeze in and then what? They started that manoeuvre due to lack of patience to stay safely in the jam, I doubt that they'd wait patiently for a new gap to appear letting them go back to whichever lane is available, they'd push their way in, no matter who is there at the moment.

I don't see this as useful. Not only will you be partially blocking the oncoming traffic lane, no matter how far to the sides you can get, but it will also cause more traffic due to them having to merge back into their lane properly. Additionally, as it was already mentioned, this is only for motorcycles, and not cars. For this reason alone it would not be a good idea to introduce it. Also, people will be using it as excuse to dangerously over- / undertake others, so that too just means more chaos and work. 

All in all this should not be introduced into the game as there simply is no need for it. It would only really bring negative effects with it. 

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

So what you are suggesting is that if there is a huge queue in both lanes. You would go past that queue on the lines between the two lanes if there is room? That would be Inappropriate Overtaking. There might be room, but there is a queue and you are not supposed to overtake that queue (unless we are talking like a queue in one lane on the highway and you go past the queue in the overtaking lane, just dont overtake it and then try to get back in 5 trucks/cars down the road). Also because you dont know if someone up ahead moves a little or something and you then get stuck. You shouldent overtake a queue on the grass or in the oncoming lane either. If there is a queue you wait in line in that queue just like everyone else. It can cause a dangerous situation if you overtake a queue like that. And i could get you a ban for doing so.

I get your idea about squeezing in between trucks , if there is enough room. But that's kinda also the problem. Even though a car isn't as big as a truck the small room that will be between 2 trucks, aren't that big, and most likely at some point you will ram one of the trucks, or they will ram you do to e.g. switching from the right side of their lane to the left side. I'm not talking about switching lanes completely, but simply moving around in your own lane. If e.g. you have 2 trucks on a 2 lane road going the same direction, and the truck in the right lane is keeping to the right side of their lane, and the truck in the left lane is keeping to the left side of their lane. There will be a small gap between the lanes where a car could fit through. But what would then happen if the 2 trucks then decides to use the opposite side of their lanes? Suddenly the car would be caught between the 2 trucks, and possible end up getting rammed. But how is to blame? The 2 truck never left their lane so you can't really blame them for hitting a car in their lane. So most likely the car would be called the offender, and then we would have a lot of drivers appealing their bans because they felt that the 2 truck did it on purpose.

So I would say just avoid trying to squeeze between, even if there is room. Cause it will end badly in at some point.

spacer.png | spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hello There!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized.

If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me

Kindest regards,

DatSpeed

TruckersMP Community Moderator

// Locked & Moved to Archive

LanguagesTR / EN

-> Rules | Feedback | Report System | Ban Appeal <-

image.png

Archived