Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

A no-collision zone in Duisburg

Blox61

This new no-collision zone in Duisburg is probably a joke. Worse than before, when it ended right behind the built-up zone. Now that it ends up behind the gas station it's even more of a mess. Generally it shouldn't be there at all, or it should be reduced to its previous size !!! Do you think it should be so?

57 minutes ago, Signore Luca said:

İn my opinion, it's pretty good that Duisburg has no collisions, but yes as asked, it should be made a little smaller, for example, it should be  finished after 1 km at the most after my service leaves  ? but still, I don't go through the players, I drive without haste. 

And good! I also take my time and it annoys me when other road users pass everyone on the road this way.

The problem is that such offenses are kickable only (like driving through players to be first in queue) and you rarely see someone get kicked for it. So people keep going their bad attitude. The punishment is too soft. You shouldn't just kick someone because he ignored a red light or ignored yield rule, this should be at least a 1 day ban to let them know they did wrong.

As far as i know we did not extend the no collision zone. I think SCS did something and that then made the gas station be part of the zone. Now i dont know this for sure, but i would think that we just put a no collision zone on the city itself and then just have the game decide what is city and what is not as defined by SCS. And after an update the gas station was part of that. I think that is how it went.

9 hours ago, P h o e n i x said:

^ @MrSirViking

It was extended for the 0.2.3.5.2 update

But as it says:

Use a more automatic approach which removes the necessarity to support new map DLCs

The Duisburg zone is extended to the gas station including; it corresponds to the city zone

Which means that the system is now set up so it follows what SCS defines as a city zone. And apparently since we placed the fuel station there, it now counts along with the city zone. So yes we might have changed how the system works, but we have not defined where the zone goes, thats SCS's system that does that.

22 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Simulation servers shouldn't have non-collision zones. They are the contrary of the idea of simulation.

I agree one hundred percent. There used to be no collision-free zone in Duisburg, and that was good too!

2 hours ago, Tximx said:

I think the current size of the collision-free zone is good to avoid accidents.

We all know very well that there is a mess behind the collision-free zone

On 11/8/2021 at 8:38 PM, blabberbeak said:

Simulation servers shouldn't have non-collision zones. They are the contrary of the idea of simulation.

And you are totally right. But you are not a moderator, so you dont have to deal with the mess that Duisburg was before the no collision zone. The no collision zone solved so many headaches, did it created some where the no collision zone ends? Yes, but its not nearly as bad as it was before. If we cant stop people from driving up and down the CD road, we can at least make it better for the people who has to deal with that mess. It might not be super simulation oriented, but neither is the 110km/h speed limit, but that is just how it is. There is small compromises.

6 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

And you are totally right. But you are not a moderator, so you dont have to deal with the mess that Duisburg was before the no collision zone. The no collision zone solved so many headaches, did it created some where the no collision zone ends? Yes, but its not nearly as bad as it was before. If we cant stop people from driving up and down the CD road, we can at least make it better for the people who has to deal with that mess. It might not be super simulation oriented, but neither is the 110km/h speed limit, but that is just how it is. There is small compromises.

@MrSirViking,

thank you for sharing your view as a moderator. It helps to understand better the reasons behind decisions made by the TruckersMP team.

My sincere apologies if my blunt post made you feel discredited. I appreciate very much the services you and the TruckersMP team provide.

I also understand that the introduction of a NCZ in the infamous area in and around Duisburg and Calais took a huge weight of you as a moderator and created a better experience for users and moderators alike.

I believe that realism in a simulator is mainly based on decisions made by every user. Taking your example of the 110 km/ h speed limit, no user is forced to drive at the server speed limit, but can decide to follow the local in-game speed limits. Similarly, a user can proceed in NCZ, pretending there are none and acting accordingly.

In conclusion, I agree to your statement that compromises are right and important to provide the best experience for users and team members.

Thanks again!

4 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

@MrSirViking,

thank you for sharing your view as a moderator. It helps to understand better the reasons behind decisions made by the TruckersMP team.

My sincere apologies if my blunt post made you feel discredited. I appreciate very much the services you and the TruckersMP team provide.

I also understand that the introduction of a NCZ in the infamous area in and around Duisburg and Calais took a huge weight of you as a moderator and created a better experience for users and moderators alike.

I believe that realism in a simulator is mainly based on decisions made by every user. Taking your example of the 110 km/ h speed limit, no user is forced to drive at the server speed limit, but can decide to follow the local in-game speed limits. Similarly, a user can proceed in NCZ, pretending there are none and acting accordingly.

In conclusion, I agree to your statement that compromises are right and important to provide the best experience for users and team members.

Thanks again!

I diddent take it as a miss credit. I was just sort of trying to say that, i am all for simulation, but we just have to deviate from it a little sometimes, simply to make sure that things goes more smoothly and to make life a little easier on drivers but also on staff. 

Actions like this have to be taken simply because of the 'lack of politeness' of some players who don't even know how to respect the other's game. Many players are just there mock, others want to play seriously. If all players strictly adhere to traffic laws, I'm sure there would be no collision-free area.

Suggestion:
Another point to be addressed is simple, it is to avoid these areas considered highly populated. When you want to walk along the Calais-Duisburg highway, try to get out of cities other than Duisburg.

Best regards
_Thyagoof - Media Team TruckersMPChief Operating Officer at ALLIANCE Virtual

I think it should be removed personally, really takes away the whole 'driving' aspect of the game by losing the risk, so to speak. I understand why it's there, I just think that without it, it would bring more realistic driving between truckers and overall less traffic in the city because people don't want to take the damage risk.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello There!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized.

If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me. 

Kindest regards,

DatSpeed

TruckersMP Community Moderator

// Locked & Moved to Archive

Archived