New Default Trailer Textures

Edinev

Suggestion Name: Trailer Pack with Realistic Textures

Suggestion Description: This mod changes the texture on the default trailers in ETS 2, therefore I don't think it will cause lag on any computer.

Any example images:

xd8t43.jpg

27wrpd.jpg

2qn60dl.jpg

Why should it be added?: Give's a big variety on the textures and trailers on the road

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

Want me to answer? Quote my post or use @Ediin!

These can cause lag to some computers that have a hard enough time running the game already.

-1 from me.

But so can the stock textures do as well lol

Need help? Ask me anything regarding Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer! I Speak: ksdu1BZ.png x4kePui.png j4Bh20f.png 4QDpL1L.png gXILc45.png 405TxXl.png I Understand: lLqk5b5.png GIgj2Ow.png zANQWPE.png syQskDP.png LzW4REA.png

They have to render more colors/textures than the default.

If you have such bad computer that you can't load more textures then it's really time to get rid of that 95' computer. I got 2 computers, 1 that is really bad that I have to play on 640x480 with very low to be able to have above 35 fps and it runs just as smooth with this mod.

They have to render more colors/textures than the default.

That's incorrect. You don't render "more," you render "different." If you have the mods installed then the rendering of these trailers will be the same as the trailers you can find in the vanilla ETS2 game. I really like this suggestion, +1 ! :)

Happy Trucking! :)

Proud member of BLACKOUT TRUCKING. Join us now !

41.png

I dont understand all the people so incoherent arguing for "not allowed mods". Vaarduar´s trailer packs just changes textures and adds more variety (cause it basically makes the ammount of skins much bigger) appart from an amazing realism. I think it´s the trailer mod which needs and deserves to be allowed.

Check for the latest versions. It adds a lot more skins and new trailer, thats it. +1

lkRjRkb.png

You could replace the textures via a vanilla file change mod (like my hybrid lorries), which you would take the job in sp. Though I'm not too sure I the textures would still be there once you're back in MP, or if it will even show for other users (like it could be stobart for you but transinet for others).

Also you've got to take in copyrights and trademarks. And good luck to the dev team getting licenses if they can't afford great servers.

So it's both a +1 and a -1 for me. Would be great having them in but the trademarks set this back.

You could replace the textures via a vanilla file change mod (like my hybrid lorries), which you would take the job in sp. Though I'm not too sure I the textures would still be there once you're back in MP, or if it will even show for other users (like it could be stobart for you but transinet for others).

Also you've got to take in copyrights and trademarks. And good luck to the dev team getting licenses if they can't afford great servers.

So it's both a +1 and a -1 for me. Would be great having them in but the trademarks set this back.

What do we need license for, it's not like anyone will sue you for using that mod or any other mod for that matter lol

What do we need license for, it's not like anyone will sue you for using that mod or any other mod for that matter lol

I suppose its just like the companies complaining at me for making hybrid trucks - they don't want their lorries to look awful.

I suppose you could get away with it under Fair Use, but not too sure, because its being distributed.

Up to the devs really, but we might run into a problem with at least one of the companies.

Not saying it's a bad idea though, would love to squeeze a bit more realism out of ETS2.

I suppose its just like the companies complaining at me for making hybrid trucks - they don't want their lorries to look awful.

I suppose you could get away with it under Fair Use, but not too sure, because its being distributed.

Up to the devs really, but we might run into a problem with at least one of the companies.

Not saying it's a bad idea though, would love to squeeze a bit more realism out of ETS2.

I doubt it's even possible to sue anyone for it, if it was billions of mods not just for Euro Truck Simulator 2 would be gone

Won't work, it will jump back to default since the mod is disabled during MP. (no image to over write the default skins, those not go in your save file)

• Upvote 1

That's incorrect. You don't render "more," you render "different." If you have the mods installed then the rendering of these trailers will be the same as the trailers you can find in the vanilla ETS2 game. I really like this suggestion, +1 ! :)

The most lag it copuld cause is adding the new textures to cache. If your computer notices that, then you are gonna be used to 5fps anyway.

76561198126149890.png

• 3 weeks later...