Calais to Duisburg road

Palad

Hi,

Just came to my head.

Wouldn't it be better if the Calais to Duisburg road had some sort of thing when you drive on it, "We cannot offer any compensation to any damage you get while driving". Since a lot of people drive on it, it get very busy quickly meaning theres a lot of incidents. Now, it's not like the people driving don't know how busy the road is. I just find it quite annoying when something happens such as a crash and then people say "rec and report". They know that crashes are so popular on that road so if you want to avoid crashes and traffic, go the faster route, it's easier and faster.

Let me know what you guys think.

?

Except, the game is Euro Truck Simulator and the TMP server where it takes place is Simulation server.

Yes, it's just a game, but its aim is to simulate real life driving. Of course sh.. happens irl too, but what happens on this road in the game belongs to different kind of driving game - like GTA, Wreckfest or Carmageddon.

Last time I checked, there aren't any public roads around Europe without rules, why should it be any different in a simulation game on the server dedicated to simulation?

^^^ And there's also people who go on that road to "rec and report". The way to solve that road chaos would be, IMO, to make it non-collisions from start to end. People would get bored soon enough and move away, but that would only change the spot, soon enough too, people (the infamous "Idiots on the road" supporters) would find a new road to turn into the new TruckersMP's own Wreckfest.

Because there are a lot of people from Calais to Duisburg, it is normal to have traffic accidents. You can keep a safe distance to drive so as to reduce traffic accidents. I usually do. It's best not to overtake and dangerous behavior at will. I wish you a happy game

Kind regards,

Tony.Stark

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

2 hours ago, tattytate said:

1 make the road a non reportable road so admin can free up time for the real reports or 2 remove the road (there are other routes) and let the usual suspects spend a week or two looking for another trouble spot .

I dont see these working as effective methods, Plus it would probably be very hard to implement ( the first point), While yes you can remove the road, like what they did for April fools, It wouldn't really be "simulation" if we began removing certain roads just because they became a host spot for rule breakers. 

Really its your choice on where you drive, you drive C-D road you will probably witness a crash or a rule breaker, and in the rest of the map its less likely to happen. 

All you can do is make sure you follow the rules, and report those who don't, that way we make the "simulation experience" better for all players.

17 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

^^^ And there's also people who go on that road to "rec and report". The way to solve that road chaos would be, IMO, to make it non-collisions from start to end. People would get bored soon enough and move away, but that would only change the spot, soon enough too, people (the infamous "Idiots on the road" supporters) would find a new road to turn into the new TruckersMP's own Wreckfest.

Perhaps Europoort will be revived? ?

You have to take these risks if you want to travel between Calais and Duisburg. As long as you follow the rules, there will be no negative situation for you. If you are on this path, you should always be on record as it may be necessary for your self-defense.

People love that road because it's crowded and they go there to have fun. Of course, sometimes there are players who act illegally, this is inevitable, you can use the in-game reporting system or report it as a registration.

Nobody

On 11/5/2021 at 9:34 PM, jxqeph said:

Wouldn't it be better if the Calais to Duisburg road had some sort of thing when you drive on it, "We cannot offer any compensation to any damage you get while driving"

Your idea is redundant, because

no received damage is compensated by any TruckersMP team member or player.

As the area in and around Duisburg and Calais is infamous, everybody who goes there should know what to expect.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived