0.2.3.5.4 Released

ShawnCZek

this is a great update its good that the settings have been made easier to setup and all the setting have ben rearrange and how there is a option to open the scoreboard when you connect to the server i do kind of like the option to show other players ping but i think showing other players speed would be cool and handy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 1
  • True Story 2

Interesting.

Not that I noticed any bad thing about the previous settings, this can't hurt, I think. I'll see when I load in game for the next time how I can utilize this new update.

However, I'm curious where the people saying this update is ruining local mods, why would it do that? Can someone enlighten me?

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

7 hours ago, PallePuh said:

Interesting.

Not that I noticed any bad thing about the previous settings, this can't hurt, I think. I'll see when I load in game for the next time how I can utilize this new update.

However, I'm curious where the people saying this update is ruining local mods, why would it do that? Can someone enlighten me?

/////////English///////

Dude, there is a bone scania vabis steering wheel used by our friends, brothers, brothers and sisters, and everyone who has been using local mode for a few years has been waiting for this steering wheel, it is finally out, but with this update, the game is no longer entered with these local modes, but these are not like normal local mode coding. dlc files are dumped.

Do you all really think that patching a game executable should be considered harmless? Why should we waste the time and effort to make everyone's stay here safer if you can just patch the executable to make everything you want? You can do all sorts of bad stuff by patching the executable, there is no way for us to track down those bad actors (only after the fact something happened). Also, one mistake on your side - and everyone else suffer. Do you really want to have this much of a responsibillity? Patching the executable in a wrong way won't be considered a minor violation when you're getting banned.

I don't think we need to have this big stinking hole in our ship. You can still use local mods that doesn't require any executable's patches.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieCry 1
  • True Story 1

As CJ stated, you can still use local mods on TMP.. do you really need that "precious" vabis wheel to enjoy the game? I like it too but.. I found it ridiculous, to be honest.

There are A LOT of other cool mods you can use, the regular way.. in the end, this new way of modding is not that useful, since it's not easy to do, possibly not even legal and the only "animated" mod known, is the wheel itself. 

So if you want that one at all costs, you can play SCS MP where you can easily put all mods you want. 

• Like 1
  • True Story 3

🚚 Former Driver at Red Line Cargo 🚚

mzEdwA2.png

With regards to the 0.2.3.5.4 update, I do actually like the overhaul of the TruckersMP settings to make it easier to configure the client, and I also think that the modification of the draw distance mechanism is a much needed change, particularly for those in the media team, as it opens up the opportunity for people who are interested in media to do all sorts of cool effects that can't be done before. 

But I honestly do not understand the logic behind the complaints regarding local mods that run on executables? As CJ explains differently, TruckersMP uses secure software development methods as part of implementing their client, so you can't allow executable files that come from untrusted sources to run, otherwise the client's code will be more vulnerable to attack by an unauthorised user looking to run an exploit. Do you not understand that any cyber-security breaches can have a negative impact on TruckersMP's reputation?

Therefore, it's not possible to implement everything that involves executables by "just judging the book's cover". 

• Like 3
  • HaulieLove 1
  • True Story 1

17 minutes ago, The King'S Works said:

why are you talking without knowing anything? he doesn't make anyone suffer. he's not hurting anyone.

I know how TruckersMP works, I know how game development works, I know how programming works, I know how computer works. That's enough.

If your hacky way to do this doesn't hurt no one, that means you're just lucky. It is very easy to lose your bearings and to go forward blindly with false presumption that everything is hunky-dory, while our Support staff smashing their heads trying to understand why there are issues here and there. You need to stop until it is too late.

13 minutes ago, The King'S Works said:

the Halloween update causes most players' computers to contract, but you don't care about it.

What are you even talking about?

• Haha 1
  • True Story 3

@The King'S Works Just because you and your fans want to use said mod, which I'm pretty sure is not even yours in the first place and avoid using SCS MP, it doesn't make sense to generalize. Most people just enjoy the platform as it is, even without mods. TMP is a mod too, remember? It's crazy to see what they've achieved in the last 7 years, yet you're here to complain about some little unofficial addition to the game.. 

The optimization topic has been discussed a lot before, it's not TMP's fault as far as I know.

Players leaving TMP, is not caused by this, but by life slowly returning to normal after the pandemic. 

I'll end this nonsense of complaint of yours, by saying that if TMP blocks something because they think it can cause issues, beat it.

• Haha 1
  • True Story 8

🚚 Former Driver at Red Line Cargo 🚚

mzEdwA2.png

9 minutes ago, The King'S Works said:

@Falco [ITA]

We have not forgotten that over the past 7 years, in-game authorities have unfairly banned thousands of users. I know a user who was banned for 1 month for hitting a player who could not stop unnecessarily. I know an official who kicks a cheating user out of the game, how right do you think he is.  actually, it should have been banned. There are a lot of events like this, you can look below as an example.

Where I get 60-70 fps when I enter the ETS2 game, I get 40-50 fps at the same place as TruckersMP.  It's not just me, a lot of users are having the same problem.

As you know, many users left the game before the pandemic because of the correct banning actions of the authorities and unfair behavior. This has nothing to do with the pandemic. And as I have seen on the roads and my followers have said, this incident is still ongoing.

You look a lot like a Trucker's Assistant, a user who approves of everything that the authorities say in order to run after him and get somewhere. Other players will notice this. 

If you are saying "I will end this complaint nonsense", you are mistaken, you are a user and I am a user. Don't think of yourself as something big.

You're a human being, I'm a human being.

Hi,

maybe your friend was banned for one month due to history.Y our friend had already 3 bans in the past, so the fouth had to be one month long according to the rules. So tecnically the admin could  had insert in his pannel 3 days of ban but because your frind had already 3 bans, the system had banned him for one month automatically. Therefore the ban is legitimate.

What @Falco [ITA] is maybe  trying to say is that whatever you will write in this topic in the future he will simply ignore that, he is not saying he is something bigger that you.

I also additinally think that the bans are always justifiable wherever there is a proof.

• Like 1

Kind Regards,

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.77f04423a8e5d64e2143f512b516c58d.webpMANU.png.26272a0bf0c8963d3136ef83757676a6.png1771048576_role_Driver(1).webp.16f12f0944a0d47a76a7459e12c40855.webp

WzxmcKP.png.ee0bd167fbb090ce8be9d5178a252499.png

1 hour ago, The King'S Works said:

@RUBENXUUu [ESP]

For truckers, yes, it's a nice platform, but the ban period for in-game officials is much longer than usual, it's not just a steering wheel. We are able to activate many modes. You can look at the video as an example.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/900779809309855835/904763071694774382/TKSW_-_Steering_Wheel.mp4

None of this was done by coding. the steering wheel was made with installation logic.

I still think the same thing is an absurd discussion and here in this section of the forum is not a place for discussions that I know this section is where the developers publish the news not a place to debate for that are the other sections. Without more to say for me the subject is finalized.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1