Traffic

SamFisher8557

"Nope." and "no" are wrong answers. There are no AI cars but there are trains and boats, although most of the latter are stationary. Around Europoort is a moving boat, I think it is harbor police.

Never say never. If noob companies like Ubisoft can make games with synched AI, a young developer might be able to do this too, some day.

Yea... Ubisoft...

Ever heard of skid rush?

It's other name is drift city

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drift_City

It has mp and ai, a world nearly as large but with more tuning options.

Why no ai?

The time, it would take huge amounts of time to make it efficient. And while ai would make it "realistic" I'll take more truckers than ai's, as well frequent updates lol

Optimization, I'm not joking while the server can send gpsx,gpsy,color,make,speed with no issues, it will also have to keep a lock on track and display each car. This would take enough resources to possibly remove 10 trucks per car.

While I'd love to see ai's it won't happen because it would literally require the game to run on the server. Sounds easy. Well I would not trust a Windows server lol.

How the server it's now (my guess, assuming registered)

Play: client checks game version> login> load profile (initial send of info), load world, load game (on the machine)> both client and server send receive simple text info of driver info> client injects info of other trucks into your game

For ai's it's basically the same but with these:

Server side: runs a non steam version 24/7> collects GPS etc of vehicles, and sends them to other players. Now think of it in a normal sp game w/o mods you could see up to 50 vehicles within 500 meters. Let's say 15 per 500 meters of the road now I have 60% and 120k miles (not km) now say 60% is 60k km so 100k of roads.

For ai's you need 1.5 million cars! Tracked 24/7 that would require a unknown computer to mankind with current optimization. Will we see ai's? Maybe in beta, but not likely.

Remember one thing mp is there stuff the game is not. If the game was then yea it'll be easy because they can compile the game to send car data easily

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

I hope that in time this would become possible as it would make it more of a challenge as you would have the unpredictability of what the AI is going to do next but I also think that for this to work you would have to hope for the following things

1) That the other users who like to jump red lights (you know who you are ) would stop at them and not just plough right throw as this its self could add problems.

2) knowing much of a pain AI can be when it comes to overtaking at bad moments EG blind bends you would need one eye on them, one eye on the other truckers and another eye on what your doing

3) If your adding this would it be a good Idea to add the of insurance so that if there is a crash involving you that you don't pay for the damage IF it wasn't you fault ( This one was another users point not mine but thought it was one to bring up).

4) How about to make it even more challenging add the use of roadwork's EG signs go up saying that there will be works so users that use that road can plan other routes then the work starts and for people that don't to find them plan ways around them then work stops and moves on.

5) Add other games to the server like emergence services, plane games, other delivery games, recovery games, bus simulators

so you have

emergence services for the crashes speeders such like 

The plane simulators who bring in the public for the bus simulators plus the can bring in good for delivery games

The options are endless and to be honest if there was a way to add everyone's good ideas I recon it would be one of the worlds best MP games for a long time.

Archived