Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Promods Still Rife With Bad driving

Lately I have been back on TMP alot, And seen so much questionable driving skills its pushing me towards going back to Vanilla (Singleplayer mod) Whether it's been crashing into me for no obvious reason, Or people being impatient with the fact I use H Shifter (Scania 12 Speed) that they overtake me, Hit me and then I have to start all over again. I thought due to having all DLC's, And a paid mod that people would be abit more normal, But it appears not. What's your stance on the situation with terrible driving? 

Hey,  

Whilst there are some users that do not respect rules and drive recklessly, it's not all users of which you most likely understand.  
Hotspot locations such as Calais - Duisburg on Non-ProMods servers are the worst areas, with Kirkenes being the "Calais - Duisburg" of ProMods.  
Whilst ProMods tends to have a slightly higher standard of driving as it requires users to spend money to attain all the required DLC's, (something trolls/ inexperienced users are unlikely to do), you will still meet some who will continue to drive recklessly or those who are impatient to wait in traffic in the congested areas.  Whilst sometimes it may be fun to join in the "hectic" areas every one in a while, it's best that you take the attitude, "I know what I'm signing up for going here". We truly do not condone bad drivers, it should be expected that in highly populated areas of around 50+ that there will be some kind of trouble.  

TruckersMP is unique in the way it is a MMO (Massively multiplayer online). There is nothing that compares even with Convoy Mode being released. When entering an MMO it's expected that you will at some point come across some users that don't want to play by the rules, which is unfortunate but true. Just like the in real life, you have some people who drive just as recklessly with a lack of care for others. However, here you can report those that cause trouble via the In-game Report system or via the website reporting system. (The In-Game report system is not as reliable than the web system, as after a set amount of time when the server is populated said reports "timeout". However, every single Web Report will be reviewed regardless). This may not solve the issue straight away, the user who has broken the rules will be punished accordingly with the rules they have broken. If they continue to consistently break rules they will soon be met with "§2.8 - How bans are issued".  

Kind Regards,  
EHHVTC Founder | Gamer5, 
TruckersMP Game Moderator 

2 hours ago, twix bar said:

Where in ProMods are you driving? It really depends where you drive.. (Kirkenes region, worst drivers/everywhere else, better drivers in general)

Everywhere really, I use Trucky (open on second monitor) So i can see where's busy and avoid it, Kirkenes quarry is just madness at the quietest of times, But generally speaking I spend most of my time in Norway, Finland, Russia and very rarely the middle east. I still see bad drivers even not in congested arrears, It's one of them things. You can't do nothing about it I just wanted to see what other peoples opinions were! ? 

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

It's what drove me away from TruckersMP quite some time ago,  plus the empty highways throughout Europe.

Instead, I enjoy Singleplayer again, where AI traffic drives better than many of the users you've mentioned. And now that Convoy supports Mods, it's difficult to see reason to come back.

Yes I can understand why that would be your decision. And yes that sometimes makes the journeys a little bit lonely, But I guess if you have people you can chill with/ drive with it's not so bad! 

I do still enjoy singleplayer aswell as TMP at the moment, I don't really have a preference it's more on mood. Yet to try that out but it looks a blast! ? 

2 hours ago, EHHVTC Founder l Gamer5 said:

Hey,  

Whilst there are some users that do not respect rules and drive recklessly, it's not all users of which you most likely understand.  
Hotspot locations such as Calais - Duisburg on Non-ProMods servers are the worst areas, with Kirkenes being the "Calais - Duisburg" of ProMods.  
Whilst ProMods tends to have a slightly higher standard of driving as it requires users to spend money to attain all the required DLC's, (something trolls/ inexperienced users are unlikely to do), you will still meet some who will continue to drive recklessly or those who are impatient to wait in traffic in the congested areas.  Whilst sometimes it may be fun to join in the "hectic" areas every one in a while, it's best that you take the attitude, "I know what I'm signing up for going here". We truly do not condone bad drivers, it should be expected that in highly populated areas of around 50+ that there will be some kind of trouble.  

TruckersMP is unique in the way it is a MMO (Massively multiplayer online). There is nothing that compares even with Convoy Mode being released. When entering an MMO it's expected that you will at some point come across some users that don't want to play by the rules, which is unfortunate but true. Just like the in real life, you have some people who drive just as recklessly with a lack of care for others. However, here you can report those that cause trouble via the In-game Report system or via the website reporting system. (The In-Game report system is not as reliable than the web system, as after a set amount of time when the server is populated said reports "timeout". However, every single Web Report will be reviewed regardless). This may not solve the issue straight away, the user who has broken the rules will be punished accordingly with the rules they have broken. If they continue to consistently break rules they will soon be met with "§2.8 - How bans are issued".  

Kind Regards,  
EHHVTC Founder | Gamer5, 
TruckersMP Game Moderator 

I agree with everything you have wrote here, With regard's to the spending money on DLC I always thought It would be "safer" So to speak. But since being on TMP I have seen my fair share of incidents but comparing them to Server1/2 its no where near as bad.

I guess it's a hit and miss on coming across bad driving in Promods server, But none the less as mentioned above it's still far less frequent than non-promods.

No disagreeing that TMP Is unique to a T, It's very different from anything MMO Related to in my opinion. I was sceptical at first with regards to support etc, But TMP has been excellent for me.

I did read that elsewhere that using the In-game system wasn't as good as the website, And generally speaking any issue I have had has been solved! TMP Do a great job and I am grateful for what they bring to the community?

14 hours ago, SnowTeamXI said:

I thought due to having all DLC's, And a paid mod that people would be abit more normal, But it appears not.

ProMods is a free mod, you're most likely referring to the paid single file method of downloading the mod.

While driving in ProMods I haven't experienced any incidents from the reckless drivers, all though these are quite rare.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

17 hours ago, SnowTeamXI said:

Everywhere really, I use Trucky (open on second monitor) So i can see where's busy and avoid it, Kirkenes quarry is just madness at the quietest of times, But generally speaking I spend most of my time in Norway, Finland, Russia and very rarely the middle east. I still see bad drivers even not in congested arrears, It's one of them things. You can't do nothing about it I just wanted to see what other peoples opinions were! ? 

Yes I can understand why that would be your decision. And yes that sometimes makes the journeys a little bit lonely, But I guess if you have people you can chill with/ drive with it's not so bad! 

I do still enjoy singleplayer aswell as TMP at the moment, I don't really have a preference it's more on mood. Yet to try that out but it looks a blast! ? 

That's fair! I myself do not really care about trolls because if you start giving them attention, they will start trolling you which is not better than just being rammed off the road. Sooooo, what I always do is report them because that'll get them atleast a month ban ? 

The drivers on ProMods or Sim2 are sometimes bad. Many risk a difficult overtaking maneuver, push you away or drive you behind, etc.

However, I would not "blame" all players with it - I see it as individual players who are like that. And despite the fact that they also have 5 or more active locks, they do not learn from it.

But basically I would agree with your statement that there are at least a couple of bad drivers there.

One thinks it is stupid, but as a community member we should accept it.

At least they can also submit a report on the TruckersMP website if you think this player is worth a ban or if you want to turn a blind eye.

Kind regards

Tximx

Stay healthy!

Nur weil andere die Regeln brechen, tust du das auch? Seien Sie schlauer! Gute Fahrt.

Tximx

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.7092903f62b05aa754ac1514776d86cf.webp

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Moderation Manager

Hello there,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kindest regards,
Stay safe!
_sneaht_0810 | TruckersMP Community Moderation Manager

Archived