How to drive in TMP event convoy?

Grey Cat

I've ridden in two TruckersMP convoys and I've already had questions. Maybe someone has simple tricks on how to ride in a large convoy? For example - if players are racing in front of me at 150 km / h, can I continue at 80-90 km / h and ignore the fact that some impatient player behind me is signaling nervously? What to do if an accident happens, the fastest way to clear the road is F7, it will send me somewhere far away and after the repair it is necessary to catch the convoy?

I recommend do this, go to same speed that convoy is going because you can do traffic y maybe accident if you is going with speed down. If you have an accident, you should use to F7 fast because can there is ab accidente and many traffic. Now, if you see an accidente, you should brake, keep distance and turn on emergency lights.
After use f7, you should go to last of convoy to evit traffic.

First of all, you are responsible for your own driving.

I recommend not speeding.

Your emergency braking may cause an accident for the players behind you as a result of your speed.

In case of an accident, it is best to throw f7 and go to the end point of the convoy.

If the convoy has just started, you can participate if it is allowed to participate on the condition that you come from the rear after the accident. :thisisfine:

Kind Regards,

DieseL.

TruckersMP | Pirate Driver

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Honestly, I don't see the point in joining a convoy if you are not willing to follow the pace. All participants should go as fast or as slow as it is needed to "keep the chain". The only reference is the truck ahead, so you should always drive at a speed that allows you to stay at a safe distance from that truck, not too close, not too far behind, but always the same distance. Of course, this means going faster if you see that the player ahead goes faster, slowing down if you see them slow down. If, for whatever reasons, you can't or don't want to drive as fast as the players ahead, the best you can do is leave the event. Otherwise, you could be seen as "free-roaming" and this is not allowed in event convoys. Besides, you would be slowing down all other players behind you, because they are not allowed to overtake.

EDIT: About the possibility of an accident, of course you should immediately use F7 to move out of the way, unless you are the last driver in the convoy. After that, you will be ahead or behind the convoy, depending on where the "teleport" took you, you need to assess and decide if you will be able to catch up with the convoy, if you see the chance, you would drive as fast as possible (or wait at a junction for the convoy to arrive) and join in the rear, if you don't see it, again it's best to quit.

@FernandoCR [ESP] It's not that simple, OP talks about official TMP convoys with hundreds of participants.

Convoy leader actually goes really slowly during the whole event and it takes up to an hour for rear of the convoy to even start moving. Any slow turn creates domino effect - huge jams in front and huge gaps behind, the convoy inevitably breaks appart into smaller and smaller groups. This leads to people driving really fast to carch up and frequent overtaking of those who don't want to or can't do that, which only makes slowdowns ans stopages longer - the main reason for me to not participate. You can't talk about safe distance at that speed.

If you are not willing to speed excessively during "catch up" phases, then these events are not for you, if you don't mind that, I recommend using truck with a lot of power and empty trailer.

@Granite Safe distance can be kept at whatever speed, it's only a matter of make it larger if the speed is higher. It's pretty simple, no matter the amount of other players in the convoy: Either one is willing to speed or slow down as needed or they shouldn't join. I think that it should be obvious that you can't join a convoy with hundreds of other players and expect that they will adapt to your speed, it's you who has to adapt to the convoy, not the other way around. It's also the main reason why I don't join convoys, I'm used to WoT jobs, 80-90 Km/h tops, I would feel uncomfortable if I had to drive faster than that for whatever reasons, so I don't even try.

50 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Safe distance can be kept at whatever speed, it's only a matter of make it larger if the speed is higher.

I agree, but we are really outnumbered here, not to mention I have seen people stopping in the middle of the road to take pictures.

50 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It's pretty simple, no matter the amount of other players in the convoy: Either one is willing to speed or slow down as needed or they shouldn't join. I think that it should be obvious that you can't join a convoy with hundreds of other players and expect that they will adapt to your speed, it's you who has to adapt to the convoy, not the other way around. It's also the main reason why I don't join convoys, I'm used to WoT jobs, 80-90 Km/h tops, I would feel uncomfortable if I had to drive faster than that for whatever reasons, so I don't even try.

Honestly, that's not how convoys should go, it's official event, they promote simulation on their servers, yet the official convoys are capped at 150km/h. We already know how that works, they can't possibly expect that everone can go that fast, but it's promoted like anyone is invited, so big "no, thank you" from me as well. It should be promoted with warning that you will be encouraged and expected to speed excessively.

How would you know what to expect for the first time, need to experience few of these to get the picture. I would expect something entirely different. 

In the first convoy, I was driving with an empty trailer and I had a Renault Magnum. This machine with load does not drive so well. Magnum does not accelerate with the load as needed. Yesterday I had a Scania S. It moves like an airplane ?

Not all accidents occur on the road. Yesterday there was a convoy of Truckers FM Six. Its starting point was a parking area with no "no-collision" zone. I parked somewhere in the back. Someone crashed into me so I had complete damage. Truck damage - 100%. Trailer damage - 100%. Load damage - 100%. I didn't see anyone crashing me because it was dark. That sounds like one very incredible story. Maybe someone came in "ghost mode" and just "inside" my "ghost mode" ended? Anyway, I had to use F7. I got back with a new load at the last minute and was able to join the convoy's tail.

But still - why 150 km / h, not 95 or some other safer number? For example, if someone has a lag, it is easier to react at a lower speed. When the speed is 150 km / h and some players have a lag, sometimes even a distance of 200 m is too small.

We have turned away a bit from the topic, let's consider it sum of my experience with the official convoys, and I have been in quite a few, before bad things became dominant over good things, leading me to stop participating.

So, this is my advice to the original topic:

If someone in front of you is going the speed you are not comfortable with, it's better to not force yourself, stay at the speed you can comfortably maintain control of your vehicle, nobody will punish you if you can't keep up.

If anyone behind you safely overtakes you at this point, when the road is open, you shouldn't fret about it and shouldn't report that, don't try to prevent it. I would consider this acceptable and it should be overlooked.

It's a whole different story when the convoy slows down to a crawl or stops temporarily, you can report overtaking in this case, but still don't try to intervene in any way, these people are usually kicked or banned promptly, due to high probability of being observed by game moderator.

As long as you are following the route and instructions from the event staff, even if you need to stop to refuel, you are safe. If you need to stop for longer period of time, wait until some safe spot, while there isn't AFK auto-kick, you may still get kicked for inactivity. In case you are disconnected, drive to somewhere well out of the way and remain stationary until you are connected, just don't reconnect while driving down the route, or you will more than likely cause trouble and risk being banned.

If you crash or get rammed and end up unable to move, you can use F7, or load manual save made in NCZ (don't ever load quicksaves), then teleport to closest possible location and try to rejoin convoy, it's up to you if you want continue.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator. 

• Nody locked this topic

Archived