What do you think of the traffic lights on the Duisburg Calais route?

Tximx

Hey people,

I decided to start this discussion because I'm curious whether you found the old traffic light circuit better where only a small number of players were able to cross the traffic light and this resulted in a lot of traffic jams, or whether you find the new traffic light circuit better at the more players can cross the traffic lights and there are fewer traffic jams.

I'm curious about your opinion and reason!

Warm greetings

Tximx

Nur weil andere die Regeln brechen, tust du das auch? Seien Sie schlauer! Gute Fahrt.

Tximx

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.7092903f62b05aa754ac1514776d86cf.webp

The new version is much better. Before it happened a lot that only one or two people could pass the traffic light and when there was a Little accident, no one was able to pass. It is much better now, the traffic is moving and there isn’t a real traffic jam. 

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

So, if the green period was extended to about 1 minute, than only means you also have to wait at the red light for whole 2 minutes (although, second set of traffic lights has been removed).

Are you telling me this is better accepted, that people are willing to wait that long for green light? Nooo, it can't be, I simply can't believe that:LUL:.

31 minutes ago, Granite said:

Wenn also die Grünzeit auf ca. 1 Minute verlängert wurde, bedeutet das nur, dass Sie auch ganze 2 Minuten an der roten Ampel warten müssen (wobei die zweite Ampel entfernt wurde).

Wollen Sie mir damit sagen, dass dies besser akzeptiert wird, dass die Leute bereit sind, so lange auf grünes Licht zu warten? Nein, das kann nicht sein, das kann ich einfach nicht glauben :LUL:.

I think people prefer to wait 2 minutes for a green phase and then 10-15 players can go over the traffic light, instead of just waiting 40 seconds for a green phase and then only 2 people come over the traffic light. Others wait not only 2 minutes but 4 to 5 minutes ?

14 minutes ago, DieseL. said:

Ich glaube, die neue Version ist besser, aber ich denke, für diejenigen, die sich nicht an die Ampelregeln halten, hat sich nichts geändert. ?

Yes, unfortunately there are always people who won't stick to the rules. But afterwards wonder why they were banned ?

Nur weil andere die Regeln brechen, tust du das auch? Seien Sie schlauer! Gute Fahrt.

Tximx

I agree with the people here, since they were updated with new timings it is much better. Surely haven't driven a lot there, but it felt good when I did. 
Also, I was afraid the waiting would be very long when having a red, but it wasn't bad at all.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Ryandench57356 said:

Well I was sat there the other day and they dont seem to be in sync because there was minimal traffic and we were all just sat there on red. Took like 3 mins for the lights to change red on their side and then green on our side. Like come on our trailers arnt 50 miles long ?

Yes, 2-3 minutes is about right, depending on direction, becasue there are 3 phases, including protected left turn phase. Imo, that left turn phase has little purpose, becasue there is very little need to take that turn. But it's there because of the type of traffic lights used.

I would suggest to replace the traffic lights with simpler, two phase type, which would cut down waiting times by 1/3. The second set of traffic lights was removed  for the same reasons - nobody needs to take left turn from the motorway, everybody heads right, and hardly any traffic comes from the south (that would be me on a rare occasion should I have business in the ciry or I need to get to the ferry) which would interrupt flow of traffic for the left turn towards bloody C-D road. 

22 hours ago, Granite said:

Yes, 2-3 minutes is about right, depending on direction, becasue there are 3 phases, including protected left turn phase. Imo, that left turn phase has little purpose, becasue there is very little need to take that turn. But it's there because of the type of traffic lights used.

I would suggest to replace the traffic lights with simpler, two phase type, which would cut down waiting times by 1/3. The second set of traffic lights was removed  for the same reasons - nobody needs to take left turn from the motorway, everybody heads right, and hardly any traffic comes from the south (that would be me on a rare occasion should I have business in the ciry or I need to get to the ferry) which would interrupt flow of traffic for the left turn towards bloody C-D road. 

I completely agree here. They should definitely do something about this because its just chaos all the time 

On 29.10.2021 at 09:25, blabberbeak said:

Es kann sich als nützlich erweisen, die Anzahl der Fahrzeuge für jede Richtung an mehreren Tagen der Woche zu zählen, um eine durchschnittliche Anzahl zu erhalten, die für die Anpassung der zeitlichen Länge der Straßenampeln verwendet werden kann.

Thank you for your answer!

On 29.10.2021 at 00:02, Granite said:

Ja, 2-3 Minuten sind je nach Fahrtrichtung ungefähr richtig, da es 3 Phasen gibt, einschließlich der geschützten Linksabbiegephase. Imo, diese Linksabbiegephase hat wenig Sinn, da es sehr wenig nötig ist, diese Abbiegung zu nehmen. Aber es ist wegen der Art der verwendeten Ampeln da.

Ich würde vorschlagen, die Ampel durch eine einfachere, zweiphasige Art zu ersetzen, was die Wartezeiten um 1/3 verkürzen würde. Die zweite Ampel wurde aus den gleichen Gründen entfernt - niemand muss von der Autobahn links abbiegen, alle fahren rechts, und es kommt kaum Verkehr aus Süden (das wäre ich selten, wenn ich geschäftlich in der ciry oder ich muss zur Fähre), was den Verkehrsfluss für die Linkskurve zur verdammten CD-Straße unterbrechen würde. 

Thank you for your Answer! 

Tximx

5 hours ago, Captain Nivaro said:

es könnte zu Ende sein: "Ich fahre, wenn ich es für sicher halte", aber ich fühle mich dort nicht sehr wohl. Eine Kreuzung wie die in Brüssel-Amsterdam könnte eine einfachere Lösung sein imo

Thank you for your Answer!

Tximx

I knpw very well there are traffic lights because they were not there in the past and there were too many accidents and unfortunately the road was blocked. But yes unfortunately, there are still those who do not comply with the trafiic lights there. İn my opinion, it's good that traffic lights were put, in otherwise too many players would have crashed. Maybe in the coming years ( Traffic light violation) penalty may come to Truckersmp so that other players can wait the traffic lights without haste and calmly, İf they have patience. İf a small camera is placed there at each traffic light, for example, Truckersmp staff from that camera can see who goes through the red light and start the necessary actions about that players. so that's just a thought. but I really find the lights in calais and duisburg very good. 

On 7.11.2021 at 21:19, Signore Luca said:

Ich wusste sehr gut, dass es Ampeln gibt, weil sie früher nicht da waren und es zu viele Unfälle gab und die Straße leider gesperrt war. Aber ja leider gibt es dort immer noch diejenigen, die sich nicht an die Ampel halten. Meiner Meinung nach ist es gut, dass Ampeln gesetzt wurden, sonst wären zu viele Spieler abgestürzt. Vielleicht kommen in den nächsten Jahren (Ampelverstoß) Strafen zu Truckersmp, damit andere Spieler ohne Eile und ruhig an der Ampel warten können, wenn sie Geduld haben. Wenn dort beispielsweise an jeder Ampel eine kleine Kamera platziert wird, können Truckersmp-Mitarbeiter dieser Kamera sehen, wer durch die rote Ampel geht, und die erforderlichen Aktionen für diese Spieler einleiten. das ist also nur ein gedanke. aber ich finde die lichter in calais und duisburg wirklich sehr gut. 

Thank you fpr your Answer!

Tximx

It is necessary and at the same time it is not necessary. As in cities and highly populated places, traffic lights end up being a solution to organize the large number of vehicle flows.

Best regards
_Thyagoof - Media Team TruckersMPChief Operating Officer at ALLIANCE Virtual

Archived