The game filesystem failed to initialize, aborting now

Question

After I went from 1.42 beta back to 1.41 the game instead of launching threw in error: "The game filesystem failed to initialize, aborting now"
I reinstalled the game twice. The only things that work are either turning off real time protection in windows antivirus or writing down to launch options: -homedir "C:\Users\xxxx\Documents".
Though it's not a complete solution to my problem since I still can't use for example TruckersMP launcher because it throws the error at me again.
The second time I uninstalled the game I deleted all the files associated with ETS2 only backing up profile data on a different drive. I also fully uninstalled TrucksBook and reinstalled TruckersMP.
What should I do now?

10 answers to this question

Hey there @JuNGoo7

First of all, Welcome to TruckersMP Forums, especially in Help Section :tmp:

I would like introduce myself before I will going to help you with your issue ? I really appreciate you shared your issue with us!

My name is Petr (RedWolf_TMP), and I am member of TruckersMP Community. My hobby is asnwering/helping to others with their issues/questions as asoon as I am able to. I will do best for you to asnwer your question and I can trust you, you will not be alone to solve your problem here! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer to your question/issue:

Please have a look at this topic and also check the video below! 

Hope it help to solve your problem as soon as possible ?

Do not forget to let us know about status of your issue, it keep this forum always organized! 

Sincerely,

RedWolf_TMP

Experienced Problem Solver 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hello, I would be thankful if you read what I wrote before replying to my question. I did already read the article and watched the video before typing it out. 

Hey again! ? 

Firstly of all, I would like to sorry for not solving your problem, however we are continue with some other solution: 

My name is Petr (RedWolf_TMP), and I am member of TruckersMP Community. My hobby is asnwering/helping to others with their issues/questions as asoon as I am able to. I will do best for you to asnwer your question and I can trust you, you will not be alone to solve your problem here! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer to your question/issue:

Solution 1 - Verify integrity of in-game files on Steam 

> Steam Library

> Right click Euro Truck Simulator 2

> Properties

> Local files

> Verify integrity of game files

+ Have you also checked this topic, if not check please - https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=167767 and also do not forget to make for ETS2 & TruckersMP Launcher an exclusion in your Antivirus settings.

Solution 2 - Re-install TruckersMP Launcher 

• Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
  • Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)
  • Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
  • Go to documents and delete this folders called (ETS2MP, ATSMP) 
  • Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
  • Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/ 
  • Open The Launcher with admin privileges and click "Install Available Updates"

As last step please start TruckersMP Launcher as administrator (right click - run as admin) 

Hope, it helps! 

Sincerely, 

RedWolf_TMP 

TruckersMP Member

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Hello,

So I made exlusion for TMP and ETS2 in my antivirus but that didn't help. To the second solution, I already reinstalled TruckersMP twice deleting all of it's files before installing it again. And that didn't change anything.

Hey dear @JuNGoo7

Okey, it seems like you have tried everything for solving your problem and nothing help. 

Have you tried re-install your game on Steam, if not follow my steps: 

1. Uninstall TruckersMP - with all folders created.

2. Go to steam - uninstall ETS2/ATS -  -- save your profiles from Documents - Profiles - save it to your desktop and delete a folder called Euro Truck Simulator 2 / same for ATS

3. Install your games again.

3. Install TruckersMP Launcher again, do not forget to select correct path to your game. 

4. Start TMP as Admin

Sincerely,

RedWolf_TMP

TruckersMP Member 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

On 10/15/2021 at 11:03 PM, JuNGoo7 said:

After I went from 1.42 beta back to 1.41 the game instead of launching threw in error: "The game filesystem failed to initialize, aborting now"
I reinstalled the game twice. The only things that work are either turning off real time protection in windows antivirus or writing down to launch options: -homedir "C:\Users\xxxx\Documents".
Though it's not a complete solution to my problem since I still can't use for example TruckersMP launcher because it throws the error at me again.
The second time I uninstalled the game I deleted all the files associated with ETS2 only backing up profile data on a different drive. I also fully uninstalled TrucksBook and reinstalled TruckersMP.
What should I do now?

I did fully remove the game and install it again before, without any effect. 

Hello @JuNGoo7,

If I understand correctly your game also seems to be broken in singleplayer, as you said you needed to disable your antivirus or run it with a command. As such, I don't think this issue is caused by TruckersMP. That being said, you might be able to fix the issue by installing the game on a different harddrive than where it is located now.

Regards,

Colored_Greens

TruckersMP Support

spacer.png

Pries Logistics | Discord | Website | Insta | Twitter | Facebook

Hello,

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

Thank you all for your participation!

Kind regards
MatzeOnTour
TruckersMP Support

//Locked and Moved to Inactive