Calais/ Duisburg

"RICKY"

Now let's have a little discussion about C-D.

C-D has always been a thrill for many, including me.

You can never predict what might happen there, it's a never ending challenge.

In fact, you can meet a lot of pro truckers on C-D, going by the limits, showing example for the others, staying as much cautious as they can.

About the reckless minds, they've got their own ways of having fun, taking up some risks, getting recbanned and such.

So yeah my dear, C-D seems like a never ending story.

:mlg_doge:

Not always. In the beginning, that road was just another one in the map, people didn't care about it. The usual chaos would happen in the Europoort and the road leading there from Rotterdam. But some "youtubers" starting doing crazy stunts and videos on this C-D road, they attracted some players, some "Funny moments" or "Idiots on the road" videos went viral and all of a sudden, too many people decided that the C-D area was the place to be in TruckersMP. Probably hoping that they'd become one of the "Idiots on the road" and have their 1 minute moment in a video?

After that and having no other places where so much idiocy can be found, the saying goes: "Birds of the same feather flock together". Trolls, reckless drivers, GTA and NFS fans, kids and not so kids that only know TruckersMP from those videos and have come to believe that this is what TruckersMP is about... The place has remained as some kind of a blackhole for all of them, which IMO is a marvellous thing, since it makes all the rest of the map a lot safer, having 95% of the "Idiots on the road" always wandering around the same 500-ish Km area.

19 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Nem sempre. No começo, aquela estrada era apenas mais uma no mapa, as pessoas não ligavam. O caos normal aconteceria no Europoort e na estrada que sai de Rotterdam. Mas alguns "youtubers" começaram a fazer acrobacias e vídeos loucos nessa estrada de CD, eles atraíram alguns jogadores, alguns vídeos de "Momentos engraçados" ou "Idiotas na estrada" viralizaram e, de repente, muitas pessoas decidiram que a área do CD foi o lugar para estar no TruckersMP. Provavelmente esperando que eles se tornassem um dos "Idiotas na estrada" e tivessem seu momento de 1 minuto em um vídeo?

Depois disso e não havendo outros lugares onde tanta idiotice possa ser encontrada, o ditado diz: "Pássaros da mesma pena voam juntos". Trolls, motoristas imprudentes, fãs de GTA e NFS, crianças e não crianças que só conhecem o TruckersMP por meio desses vídeos e passaram a acreditar que é disso que se trata o TruckersMP ... O lugar permaneceu como uma espécie de buraco negro para todos eles, o que IMO é uma coisa maravilhosa, pois torna todo o resto do mapa muito mais seguro, tendo 95% dos "Idiotas na estrada" sempre vagando pelos mesmos 500 Km de área.

Thank you in advance for the reply. 

I have the same opinion, it's 500km where anything can happen, but since the last update on this road it's gotten a little better but just a little bit.??

43 minutes ago, [Gentle Rudeman] Xrissie said:

Agora vamos discutir um pouco sobre o CD.

O CD sempre foi uma emoção para muitos, inclusive para mim.

Você nunca pode prever o que pode acontecer lá, é um desafio sem fim.

Na verdade, você pode conhecer muitos caminhoneiros profissionais em CD, indo no limite, dando exemplo para os outros, ficando o mais cauteloso possível.

Sobre as mentes imprudentes, elas têm suas próprias maneiras de se divertir, assumindo alguns riscos, sendo banidas e tal.

Então, sim, minha querida, o CD parece uma história sem fim.

: mlg_doge:

You will go down in TMP history as the busiest road ever. 

I agree with @FernandoCR [ESP], we live in the age of social media now, they have huge impact on TMP, mostly people just want to be seen and see others, though some might be only looking for a daily dose of adrenaline.

Same with Kirkenes quarry road on Promods server. To think those people invested in all the map DLC just to get there and keep driving up and down that tiny spot on the huge map.

Iceland used to be a thing when Promods started on TMP, now it's largely abandoned, despite offering numerous and far more challenging routes, and there are better roads than C/D road even on vanilla base map.

I was always looking for a peaceful and respectful ride, but it turned out a blip on the radar anywhere on the map puts me into elevated alert mode, that's why I don't go near there, too many blips, just passing over interchange outside Calais on my way to or form Channel tunnel is more than enough, if I feel like daring, I might try to use ferry to Dover, if I can go straight through that interchange.

Because it is as endless as the people above say, you don't know what will happen ahead. I also pursue these feelings of stimulation, but on the basis of stimulation, I must abide by the rules of the game, which is the most important. As for why we should drive this route, we may pursue this endless feeling like me. I wish you all have a good time

Kind regards,

Tony.Stark

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

Hello to all ?,

Indeed, there are roads mainly populated by players.
In Simulation: Calais - Duisburg
In Promods: Kirkenes.

Why do people go there ?

I think that's the killer question, I think he likes the difficulty of the routes and he also likes the mass effect.

I feel that we don't need to go on crowded roads to have fun playing. There are many other roads to discover ?

In almost 5 years of being on TruckersMP, I have not done these roads a million times.

Kind Regards,

Lunary Gaming | C.E.O - M.D.T

1794259785_role_VerifiedVTCLeader.png.cc

spacer.png

You see it everywhere on YouTube so that's also probably one big factor why people keep driving there, be it at whatever cost. It's the busiest area in-game and as such people will wanna drive there, as driving alone one some highway can simply be boring :). 
I don't like C-D a whole lot, but I see why it's as popular as it is. 

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

I think the biggest reason why so many drivers choose to drive on C-D Road is because unlike most of the other map, there is always drivers around. It can be really busy from time to time, and yes you are a risk of being rammed. But my own experience is that if you just drive responsible yourself, you are less likely to be involved in an accident. I e.g. never overtake on C-D Road (unless there is no one around, expect the driver I wish to overtake), and most of the time I never go above 90-95 kph, so I aren't at risk of losing control of my truck.

spacer.png | spacer.png

The route between Duisburg and Calais itself is noting out of the ordinary: no stunning viewpoints or fascinating landscapes, no challenging twists or turns.

It became infamous due to the "idiots on the road" videos, which show clips of occurrences of trolls and reckless driving users (including the author, mind you!). These videos in return attracted the like.
Nowadays the road between Duisburg and Calais as well as its surrounding area is a destruction derby, and one who takes simulation somewhat serious is well advised to avoid driving near it. Unless you mistake simulation with your truck and trailer being trashed by the type of users mentioned above...

Well according to https://stats.truckersmp.com/ the current season is always the more quiet one. In the first year of corona it was busier, of course. But I do wonder how the server will look in a few months when we are entering the busiest time of the year.

Unfortunately I doubt we will be reaching peaks like we did before. But I also believe it will be more than 2500 which is what we are getting right now.

But I guess we will just have to wait and see ? . In may not be as busy as a few years ago, but my enjoyment in the mod has only increased lately with updates like the dispatcher, alternating vehicles or the fact that you dont need to own every DLC anymore in order to see them in-game.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's because the road has bends, little landscape changes, and train tracks. Thus, players without dlc like to travel on the road for more enjoyment. (that's what I think)
After the second I think it's the fact that there are a lot of players and people just want to meet people.

PS: Sorry for my english. I am french

The track, no I prefer to drive around. What's always going on there is the insane.

Mo1993  -  TruckersMP ❤️

Languages: English | German

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,,

Mo1993

spacer.png

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Rules  |  Get to know the team  |  Guides  |  Knowledge Base   |  Map showing dangerous places in MP  |  Feedback about staff  | Objection to the ban  |  Website Reports

TruckersMP Ranks  |  Recruitment  |  Join the team

not sure why everyone is so hyped about it....

its so boring that german Universities use it as a test field for artificial control systems. 

they send AI trucks down the road and non of them got any trouble to get the job done and return without a dent.  

if brainless Ai codes manage to do so it leaves a bad spot on those who have trouble with it....    

imagine how embarrassing it is to be dumber than a bot. 

On 10/11/2021 at 7:02 PM, BMPellogia said:

i like to call the cities of duisburg,dusseldorf and cologne "the 3 gates to hell" You only go there if you want to pay for your sins...after suffering at the rotterdam/amsterdam mess i decided to go as far as i can from overly populated areas 

I call it "the Bermuda Triangle".  It's easy to enter. Exiting is difficult.

The Calais-Duisburg road is an interesting phenomenon that occurs when you drive slower than 110 km / h. Most players want to pass. Some players get nervous. Passings are careless and often dangerous. Players try to drive at high speeds even in places where this is not possible. Why?

If you want to do extreme tourism, you can drive there as the speed limits allow. 60 km / h makes you an enemy to everyone  ?  And this is fun ? 

Archived