Turning nob on G29 (the red one) takes too much effort to twist to look left and right... any ideas?

strikerfrfx

Question

Basically as the title says

I've mapped the left and right looking in interior to the left and right of this nob

However I need to twist it SEVERAL times to get a satisfactory turn in order to see proper down the road 

Any ideas for how I could improve this or what key I could change these to? Most are mapped already. 

In addition to this also, I'm looking for a decent mirror setting (so I can see well behind me) and chair adjustment (forward and back mainly) 

Thanks ?

5 answers to this question

Hi there,

Thanks for creating a forum topic.

This control on the wheel has some odd characteristics - so it's likely that the control you've mapped it to has such a large range of motion that a single notch or click on that wheel is insignificant in context to the movement of the camera. I'd recommend you set it to something else. Quite a few people, including myself, use the D-pad for looking around the interior. Another thing that may contribute to the problem is the fact it seems to be on a clutch based mechanism - the faster you turn it, the slower the control actuates. 

Get 'comfortable' in your driving position first, and then adjust your mirrors, otherwise if you do them the other way around, your mirrors will be changed after you moved your seat (we can't bend light here sadly ?). In regards for your mirror settings, I personally like to have a trailer attached and use this as a guide. Usually, I put my main side mirrors so I can see the top corner of my trailer, the bottom corner and a little bit of the side of the truck for a reference in positions. Wide angle mirrors go as far left or right (respective to each side) as possible, to make best use of their extreme convex shape. The front mirror can be set to a position where you have a clear view of the front corner of your truck and some of the front - usually the default position is fine for this. 

I hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Stubborn.
TruckersMP - Support