Reverse parking maneuver

Bogdwm

• INTRODUCTION

Reverse parking is the most important and usual maneuver, which every driver at the beginning of his career must know in advance. Compared to reality, the execution of this maneuver is much more difficult and does not have the benefits that the game offers, namely the viewing angles of the vehicle assembly (a truck and a semi-trailer).

• METHOD OF EXECUTION

The execution of this maneuver generally differs by several factors, the most important being: place, area and type of semi-trailer. At the same time, the execution mode is very much influenced by the settings in the game of each of you and the maneuverability device used (my game settings are default and I use the keyboard).

Scenario presented: Reverse parking using the second viewing angle.

Step 1: Take a general look at the place and space available to perform the maneuver;
Step 2: Set some landmarks (in my case, parked semi-trailers and parking markings) and position yourself parallel to them. The distance between the vehicle assembly and the reference point or points must be approximately the same as below;

Spoiler

LW8N9ce.png     Approximate distance between the vehicle assembly and the parking place.

EKwRLEO.png     Approximate distance between the vehicle assembly and the reference point or points.

Step 3: Start the vehicle assembly in reverse mod, in a straight line, very easily, following immediately after forming an approximately obtuse angle between the truck and the semi-trailer. It is very important to perform this maneuver slowly;

Spoiler

D3uibaM.png

Step 4: Continue the maneuverability of the vehicle assembly very easily, opening and closing the previously formed uncle slightly, as necessary, until it is placed in a straight line;

Spoiler

The photos shown below are shown progressively.

kgxdLVa.png

0vaR8Js.png

ZRkYnh7.png

sm9VXZd.png

5qToagh.png

Pq6GD2f.png

4sgJIWy.png

vg3g4VX.png

Step 5: Maneuver the vehicle assembly in reverse mod, in a straight line, as needed.

All the steps explained: 

• FINAL

In order to easily learn the ability to perform this maneuver, regardless of the scenario, it is recommended to learn very well the general maneuvering of the set of vehicles (driving back and forth, framing in various places and spaces). Once you learn this maneuver as shown, it will be very easy for you to perform it anywhere, especially if you want to integrate into a virtual company. It also depends a lot on you, how familiar you are with the game.

There may be grammatical errors in this guide! 

Sincerely,
@FreakyBodyX

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Woah! 1

Maybe it helps you:

- if you are newbie in TruckersMP community, go to Knowledge Base section;

- if you need support, go to Help section or create a ticket here;

- if you want to learn more about TruckersMP, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, go to Guides section;

- if you want to join a virtual trucking company, go to VTC section.

Enjoy!

• Bogdwm changed the title to Reverse parking maneuver
On 10/16/2021 at 5:04 PM, Ash_0104 said:

This is an amazing guide! Thank you.

Are you also able to demonstrate how to do a reverse parking on the first person camera as well? If you can, that would be amazing!

Hello, @Ash_0104!

I don't make frequently the reverse parking maneuver from first person, but I think this video will help you.

Thank you all!

• Like 2
  • Awesome! 1

Maybe it helps you:

- if you are newbie in TruckersMP community, go to Knowledge Base section;

- if you need support, go to Help section or create a ticket here;

- if you want to learn more about TruckersMP, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, go to Guides section;

- if you want to join a virtual trucking company, go to VTC section.

Enjoy!

Hey there! @FreakyBodyX

First of all, I woud like to thank you for creating and giving time to this guide. I really appreciate your time to spend on making some helpful guides for others. :tmp:

I have checked your guide and have to say, you have done really well! I think that many of people have problems with reversing so this is one what they need to check and learn.

- This is very useful guide, hope that lots of people will take an example from you ? 

Sincerely,

RedWolf_TMP 

TruckersMP Member 

• Like 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...