What peripherals do you use when playing TMP

.Tony

I think this topic will be very lively

The question is which Gaming peripherals you will choose when you play TMP. Keyboard? Game handle? Steering wheel? Mouse control?Or more.

You can discuss why you use this peripheral and what are the advantages. Let's start the discussion...

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

Hello there @Tony.Stark

First of all, I would like to thank you for creating this topic and making this community more active! ❤️ I really appreciated

However lets answer your question: 

• When I play ETS2/ATS I use Steering wheel - Logitech G29 + shifter (but in many times I use automatic gearbox, so without it.)

Thank you for asking! 

Have a nice day

Sincerely,

RedWolf_TMP 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

I've got a G27 set, mounted on a wheelstand, connected to the PC and by the side of my desk, so whenever I want to play anything "driving" related, I just move the whole structure in front of the monitor and there you go. It's quite heavy, but still a lot easier than attaching the wheel to the desk, then the shifter, make sure that they are tight, place the pedals in a way that they won't slide... Only extra thing is make my chair not go backwards when I press the pedals, solved with a couple of rubber wedges to lock the wheels (my chair is a cheap one without "lockable" wheels).

16 hours ago, [Gentle Rudeman] Xrissie said:

现在,让我们澄清一些事情。

我有一个方向盘和所有东西,但是......

ETS2上最懒惰、最有效和最简单的卡车运输方式,至少对我来说是

WASD 键盘。

我不会放弃它。

:这可以:

I believe you will succeed. Don't give up

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

1 hour ago, [Gentle Rudeman] Xrissie said:

如果您愿意,请查看我的处罚记录。

4年的实践,甚至没有一个交通罚款那里。

猜猜我的键盘式卡车运输做得很好,对吗?

:这可以:

right right :mlg_doge:

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

On 10/10/2021 at 12:41 PM, [Gentle Rudeman] Xrissie said:

Now, let's clarify something.

I've got a Steering Wheel and everything, but....

The most lazy and the most effective and simple way of trucking on ETS2 , for me at least is :

W A S D keyboard.

I won't give up on it.

:thisisfine:

That's a first for me. Hearing someone with a wheel play with a keyboard. Okaaay....

To answer the question, I drive with a wheel (G29) and shifter. Also, I shift manually.

Because I ran out of buttons on the wheel itself, I bought a stream deck. So now I use that for most my buttons when playing TMP.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

I'am using keyboard, because I have a very good dexterity when drive.

Maybe it helps you:

- if you are newbie in TruckersMP community, go to Knowledge Base section;

- if you need support, go to Help section or create a ticket here;

- if you want to learn more about TruckersMP, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator, go to Guides section;

- if you want to join a virtual trucking company, go to VTC section.

Enjoy!

I use a G29 + shifter. Previously I used a LogiTech Force GT Steering Wheel. I find it much easier to drive with a steering wheel. But I think it's just a question about what you are used to. Cause ages ago I just had my keyboard and that went kinda fine. The only problem was that my settings wasn't set to take into account that you can't press a key halfway. So everytime I pressed a key my truck would just jump in that direction. Since I started driving online I have always been using a wheel, because I like to be in total control of how my truck handles to avoid any accidents.

I have for the fun of it tried using my mouse on arcade-server. But it only took me 5 minutes to discover that I can't drive with a mouse. I simple crashed also straight away. But I know from other drivers that driving with a mouse can be a good solution if you don't have a controller or a steering wheel. But as I mentioned above it's most likely easy if you are used to it. But tricky if you normally use a steering wheel.

spacer.png | spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • G29 + shifter with Almar SKRS (Split, Range and extra button).
  • Custom inverted pedals.
  • Tobii Gaming 4C for head/eye tracking on Samsung C49R9.

This setup is actually insane, I really wanted a lot of bang for the buck, and the g29 with SKRS shifter gives an ultra realistic experience for less than $400,-.

I use an eye tracker together with a super ultrawide screen, which makes you forget your sitting in front of a screen.

I can't go back to keyboard ever, I think...

Proud Driver for Global Cargo!

Archived