Coinminer Malware

Leonus.SLTus

Question

11 answers to this question

Hello there dear @Leonus.SLTus

First of all, welcome to Help Section on TruckersMP Forums.  

I really appreciated, you shared your issue together with us.

On the start I would like to introduce myself 

My name is Petr, and I am member of TruckersMP Community. My hobby is asnwering/helping to others with their issues/questions as asoon as I am able to. I will do best for you to asnwer your question 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer to your question/issue:

• Do not afraid about some malwares or some another viruses TMP is completely safe. I recommend to disable or uninstall your antivirus programm  and start control your PC with Windows Defender. Because some of these antiviruses like AVG, Avast antivirus dont like this launchers sometimes.

The error, that you shared to us in many cases being resolved by starting  TruckersMP Launcher as Administrator - Right click - Run as admin.

Kind Regards,

RedWolf_TMP 

Experienced Problem Solver 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,165hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hey guys, thanks for ur quick response!

I reinstalled the launcher today and tried to run it as administrator - it didnt work. I even switched off my anti virus program as @RedWolf_TMP suggested, but this message: 

1474765306_Screenshot2021-10-09143616.png.d9ea118cb0e2bef7fd3abc09ab494edf.png

still pops up, which doesnt allow me to start the launcher. It says the following: 

"The operation could not be completed successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software." and some code below. I guess this is an automated error message by truckersmp, as it links me directly to the download page.

I dont know what else i can do by now. My hands are tied i guess. Maybe i have to wait for a new update to check if it works then.

Hi,

i haved the same problem yesterday. i have reinstall the Luncher but this time the Antivirussoftware says that the File  what i´m downloading from "http://download.ets2mp.com/files/core_atsmp.dll" and "http://download.ets2mp.com/files/core_ets2mp.dll" is infected. I have Called the Support of G Data. And the Supporter says that: "before a file or a programm can run on the system the Antivirus chek the program or file and that means the virus is not on my system, but the Virus is in the Download what the luncher has started". And Yes i have downloded the Luncher on TruckersMP (Version 1.0.0.4). And dissabel the Antivirussoftware is a bad idea so like my english( sorry i use google).Has it been proven ther is not  a Virus? Pleas don´t miss understood me i love TruckersMP. I hope we find it.

Have the same Problem, even with disabling AV. Windows wont allow me to download the MP Update for ETS/ATS. The downloader is from the original Website. If I start the MP :

Virus: Win64.Malware.Coinminer.DB (Engine B)

Virus beim Laden von Web-Inhalten gefunden. *virus found while loading*

Adresse: http://download.ets2mp.com/files/core_atsmp.dll

I was away for a week and did not alter any files, any ideas?

Good evening,

For all of you I would recommend keeping your antivirus enabled, but adding exceptions for the TruckersMP folders instead:

Documents/ETS2MP, Documents/ATSMP, ProgramData/TruckersMP

If you use Windows Security you can do this by opening the Windows Security settings and pressing 'Manage settings' under Virus & thread protection settings.

If that doesn't solve the issue, please also add an exception to your firewall for the TruckersMP launcher.

Regards,

Colored_Greens

TruckersMP Support

spacer.png

Pries Logistics | Discord | Website | Insta | Twitter | Facebook

17 hours ago, Colored_Greens said:

Good evening,

For all of you I would recommend keeping your antivirus enabled, but adding exceptions for the TruckersMP folders instead:

Documents/ETS2MP, Documents/ATSMP, ProgramData/TruckersMP

If you use Windows Security you can do this by opening the Windows Security settings and pressing 'Manage settings' under Virus & thread protection settings.

If that doesn't solve the issue, please also add an exception to your firewall for the TruckersMP launcher.

Regards,

Colored_Greens

TruckersMP Support

Hey @Colored_Greens,

thanks for responding and coming back with a possible new solution!

Unfortunately doesnt this work either. I can now download the launcher update, but the launcher itself still throws an error message at me ("Connection Error - Retry?" (Screenshot above somewhere)).

I appreciate your help tho.

I will just sit back and wait for a new update to be released. I wrote a support ticket yesterday, maybe someone is able to help me there, or us, as it seems to effect several people.

Hi,

@OldManOnline and I called the Gdata support again and asked to check the files and links. It was then determined that the virus message is a "false positive". Now it should be playable or downloadable again with Gdata without a virus message. I have tested it. Please don´t forget to set the firewall exceptions back to normal.

@Leonus.SLTus Have you tried to reinstall the luncher completely?

3 hours ago, Airbrush Gaming said:

Hi,

@OldManOnline and I called the Gdata support again and asked to check the files and links. It was then determined that the virus message is a "false positive". Now it should be playable or downloadable again with Gdata without a virus message. I have tested it. Please don´t forget to set the firewall exceptions back to normal.

@Leonus.SLTus Have you tried to reinstall the luncher completely?

Good evening @Airbrush Gaming,

thanks for updating us about the current status.

Yes i've tried reinstalling the launcher as described HERE but that didnt work out either. BUT i tried launching TMP again yesterday and as if a ghost fixed some errors while sleeping, i am now able to launch and play TruckersMP again without any issues or messages.  

@Colored_Greens - Case closed i guess. At least from my side. ?