Why doesn't the air horn work now?

FL Command Center

Question

12 answers to this question

Hey there @FL Command Center

First of all, Welcome to TruckersMP Forums, especially in Help Section :tmp:

I would like introduce myself before I will going to help you with your issue ? I really appreciate you shared your issue with us!

My name is Petr (RedWolf_TMP), and I am member of TruckersMP Community. My hobby is asnwering/helping to others with their issues/questions as asoon as I am able to. I will do best for you to asnwer your question and I can trust you, you will not be alone to solve your problem here! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer to your question/issue:

• Can you please more specify, what is your problem? From that what you wrote I am not able to help you with your problem. 
  • Is your problem happening in Multiplayer?  - As I noticed, you probably get a problem with hearing horns from other players, am I right? 

Before you will re-install your TruckersMP launcher please check in your tag settings, if you have not disabled horns in your settings here: 

fqDEWir.png

If is it enabled, please do next solution by following these steps posted below:

Re-install TruckersMP Launcher - 

• Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
  • Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)
  • Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
  • Go to documents and delete this folders called (ETS2MP, ATSMP) 
  • Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
  • Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/ 
  • Open The Launcher with admin privileges and click "Install Available Updates

After this step, please run the game and check if the horns can be heard ? 

Please do not forget to let us know about status of your issue, because it always keeps that forum always organized! 

Have a nice day

Kind  Regards,

RedWolf_TMP 

Experinced Problem Solver

• Like 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hello @FL Command Center,

In addition to what was mentioned by @RedWolf_TMP, please check that your truck has an airhorn on it as you will have to install one on the roof. Also make sure you are using the right keybind.

All the best,

Colored_Greens

TruckersMP Support

spacer.png

Pries Logistics | Discord | Website | Insta | Twitter | Facebook

Can confirm the bug. Air horns don't work when in multiplayer. Tested with each type and didn't work. Went to single player and worked straight away. After some messing around, found out that any control bound to the system default air horn key (N) will not respond.

Changing it to another key could be a solution but still think the developers should give a look into it since ets2 + TMP already have a lot of keybinds and taking one less could make the experience for players worse.

Hello there, ?

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

Thanks to all participation.

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Support  

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

Good Day!

I understand what you're trying to say! Maybe this will work:
* Click the TAB key on your keyboard
* Go to the heading `sound
* and lastly, Check `horn sounds

This should do the magic job. If not, try uninstalling TruckersMP along with Euro Truck Simulator 2 from the steam library, and then reinstall it. This is usually the most special trick that works the most ?

(or maybe try the things said above by people. It's actually much easier ? )

Edited by JJay

spacer.png

Hello there, 

As this topic has not received a further response in prior three days, it will be moved to Inactive Topics.

Should you wish to enquire further, please do not hesitate to send a private message to me, or any other Support Team member, who will be able to open your topic again for additional responses. Please be aware that you have only one week to do this. 

Kind Regards,

Stubborn__
TruckersMP - Support Team

//Locked & Moved to Inactive Topics