FPS Drop

Dogg0

Question

Hello
I have FPS problems with my game in TruckersMP and in singleplayer too. Most of the time my game runs smoothly at 60fps, but sometimes after restarting the game(not opening exactly after closing) it drops from 60 to 50 or even 30fps. Game restart does not help. I'm using VTlog and Trucky for route tracking. Same problem in singleplayer. I don't think the problem is with my hardware or internet(900 up 350 down). Vanilla game, i don't have mods enabled. Does anyone know what causes this? The route tracking programs, or something else? ?

Graphics settings: everything is on ultra
Ping in TMP: 32-40
Specs: R5 3600, RX5600XT, 16GB DDR4

12 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Colored_Greens said:

Hello @Dogg0,

Issues like this can sometimes be caused by VSync. Please try disabling it in your graphics settings to see if that fixes it.

Let us know if it works!

All the best,

Colored_Greens

TruckersMP Support

Hi, thank you for the reply. As i said it's a severe problem, now i opened the game and it works with vsync, no FPS drops. I will hit this thread up when the problem is back, and try what You said ? 

Hello there dear @Dogg0

First of all, welcome to Help Section on TruckersMP Forums.  

I really appreciated, you shared your issue together with us.

On the start I would like to introduce myself 

My name is Petr, and I am member of TruckersMP Community. My hobby is asnwering/helping to others with their issues/questions as asoon as I am able to. I will do best for you to asnwer your question 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer to your question/issue:

As additional help for you - 

Firstly, I wanna ask if you did some graphics update, because it could be cause by that, if the driver is bad set. Or it can be some betaversion of the graphics driver.

?. As second I would ask you what areas of the map are you traveling when it drops? 

For me, I would recommend you maybe turn off "Load cabin accessories" and also "Load Flags ^. Maybe it wont help too much but helpful, but maybe yes. 

Also, try to check this settings: 

In - game 

- Enable Vsync  - is always better to having a Stable FPS Rate around 60 than often a Jumping between 180 till 45 or lower.

- Set Scale to 200% could be less 125% can be lower

- Disable MLAA

- Disable DOF

- Set all following Quality Settings to hight, it do not have everything on max quallity - it depends on your components in your PC

- Disable Anisotropic Filtering by moving the Slider to the left Side.

TruckersMP Launcher -  try unclick some of them as Cabin Accesories in another trucks, Flags, and draw distance reduce to min. 

- Development Logging  

- Smoothing Distance

- Load Cabin Accessoires

- Load Flags

- Aditional Lights

- Draw Distance 

Also please remember, that FPS will drop dramaticlly if you are close or passing a really busy area, once you have crossed the area you will be fine.

If there would be anything, what you will need to help, quote me here, I will answer you as soon as possible! 

Hope, my answer helps! 

Regards,

RedWolf_TMP

• HaulieLove 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,165hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hello @Dogg0,

In case the issue appears again, please read the following ? 

If there's many players around you, you'll experience lower FPS (Because of all the players around you. It happens for everyone, the more players, the lower the FPS, it's the same at Calais and Duisburg and any other cities/places with many players :-))

The game was made for Singleplayer (Now it can support 8 players or something like that in Convoy), and not MMO (Many hundredes of players at the same location, like Official convoys on TruckersMP), because of that, the game only runs on 1-3 maybe 4 CPU threads (Might get better as Convoys player limit is increased (IF it gets increased), and because of that, the game doesn't run well with many players around.

Also, if your GPU is running under 95-99/100% utilization, your CPU is holding you back.

To increase the game performance, you need a better CPU or lower any game graphics that requires CPU performance. (You're currently using the 3600X, and the Ryzen 5000 series has a massive uplift in IPC (Instructions Per Clock) performance, which translates to better game performance ? To support the 5000 series, you might only need a BIOS update)
For help on the above (Lowering settings), take a look at the following link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1300836306

When on that link, look at the following:

5) FPS tweaks
6) Graphic settings
7) ETS2 Multiplayer FPS tweaks

You can try lowering the game settings that takes CPU performance ?
Hopefully that'll help with your games performance ?

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP Support

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

15 hours ago, RedWolf_TMP said:

Hello there dear @Dogg0

First of all, welcome to Help Section on TruckersMP Forums.  

I really appreciated, you shared your issue together with us.

On the start I would like to introduce myself 

My name is Petr, and I am member of TruckersMP Community. My hobby is asnwering/helping to others with their issues/questions as asoon as I am able to. I will do best for you to asnwer your question 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer to your question/issue:

As additional help for you - 

Firstly, I wanna ask if you did some graphics update, because it could be cause by that, if the driver is bad set. Or it can be some betaversion of the graphics driver.

?. As second I would ask you what areas of the map are you traveling when it drops? 

For me, I would recommend you maybe turn off "Load cabin accessories" and also "Load Flags ^. Maybe it wont help too much but helpful, but maybe yes. 

Also, try to check this settings: 

In - game 

- Enable Vsync  - is always better to having a Stable FPS Rate around 60 than often a Jumping between 180 till 45 or lower.

- Set Scale to 200% could be less 125% can be lower

- Disable MLAA

- Disable DOF

- Set all following Quality Settings to hight, it do not have everything on max quallity - it depends on your components in your PC

- Disable Anisotropic Filtering by moving the Slider to the left Side.

TruckersMP Launcher -  try unclick some of them as Cabin Accesories in another trucks, Flags, and draw distance reduce to min. 

- Development Logging  

- Smoothing Distance

- Load Cabin Accessoires

- Load Flags

- Aditional Lights

- Draw Distance 

Also please remember, that FPS will drop dramaticlly if you are close or passing a really busy area, once you have crossed the area you will be fine.

If there would be anything, what you will need to help, quote me here, I will answer you as soon as possible! 

Hope, my answer helps! 

Regards,

RedWolf_TMP

Thank you for the answer. My drivers are always up to date, as i have auto-update turned on in my softwares. 
I don't see difference between areas when i have this issue, same problem when i'm driving around in Duisburg or cruising in Italy while 0 player around me. 
And yes, everything you said is turned on, i will unclick them while having drops and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, General18 said:

Hello @Dogg0,

In case the issue appears again, please read the following ? 

If there's many players around you, you'll experience lower FPS (Because of all the players around you. It happens for everyone, the more players, the lower the FPS, it's the same at Calais and Duisburg and any other cities/places with many players :-))

The game was made for Singleplayer (Now it can support 8 players or something like that in Convoy), and not MMO (Many hundredes of players at the same location, like Official convoys on TruckersMP), because of that, the game only runs on 1-3 maybe 4 CPU threads (Might get better as Convoys player limit is increased (IF it gets increased), and because of that, the game doesn't run well with many players around.

Also, if your GPU is running under 95-99/100% utilization, your CPU is holding you back.

To increase the game performance, you need a better CPU or lower any game graphics that requires CPU performance. (You're currently using the 3600X, and the Ryzen 5000 series has a massive uplift in IPC (Instructions Per Clock) performance, which translates to better game performance ? To support the 5000 series, you might only need a BIOS update)
For help on the above (Lowering settings), take a look at the following link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1300836306

When on that link, look at the following:

5) FPS tweaks
6) Graphic settings
7) ETS2 Multiplayer FPS tweaks

You can try lowering the game settings that takes CPU performance ?
Hopefully that'll help with your games performance ?

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP Support

Thank you for the answer. As i said in the quote earlier no matter where i am, the issue is the same. I never watched my utilization before, but i think my PC is ballanced enough, calculator says my average bottleneck is 6.4% in 1080p(my current screen is a 1366x768, 60HZ one). 
My graphics settings: everything is maxed out, as i thought ETS2 has pretty low system requirements
Sadly i can't upgrade my computer atm., because my motherboard is not the best ?

2 hours ago, Dogg0 said:

Thank you for the answer. As i said in the quote earlier no matter where i am, the issue is the same. I never watched my utilization before, but i think my PC is ballanced enough, calculator says my average bottleneck is 6.4% in 1080p(my current screen is a 1366x768, 60HZ one). 
My graphics settings: everything is maxed out, as i thought ETS2 has pretty low system requirements
Sadly i can't upgrade my computer atm., because my motherboard is not the best ?

You're very welcome ? 

Since the game only runs on a few threads/cores, I can only strongly recommend taking a look at it (If you haven't already, remember to change the CPU cores/theads overview to 'Logical Processorcores' in the task manager 'Performance' overview), especially if it occures for you again ? 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP Support

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello,

Since there has been no further reply for 3 days, I am going to move this topic to Inactive.
If you wish to reopen this topic, please let us Supporters know within a week so we can move it back.

Kind Regards,
vldv44_
TruckersMP Support

//Locked and moved to Inactive

vldv44_

TruckersMP  

Translator 

image.png.cc04a4aa66a9a3c6e53cdaba9217dc4a.png

Human Resources

|Italian Subforum|Knowledge Base|Rules(KB)|

Have a fantastic day ahead!

Hello there,

Due to this topic not requesting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.

If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Kind Regards,

Stubborn

TruckersMP Support

//Moved to Unsolved Topics