Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

I can’t understand well what is active history bans.

Gaeul

Question

§2.8 - How bans are issued

The first 3 bans are issued at the staff member’s discretion.

The 4th ban is thirty days.

The 5th ban is permanent.

Any bans older than 12 months at the time of the new ban being issued are ignored, this 12 month period is the ban cooling-off period. Ban extensions are based on the active (less than 12 months old) bans at the time of expiration and will not be altered if a ban goes over the 12 month period while the ban is active. If you have at least two active history bans in your ban history, Game Moderators will extend your next ban to a permanent ban, regardless of how many bans you have had in the last year. Bans that are extended due to it being your 4th or 5th ban cannot be removed, they are strictly thirty days and permanent.

Q1. Are active bans and active history bans different?

Q2. If I get 2 active bans, what is the next ban period?

Q3. If I get 4 bans included inactive, next ban will be permanent?

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Hi there Gaeul,

It basically means that if you have 2 history bans (usually marked as "1-month due to §2.8"), then your ban will be extended to permanent, regardless of how many active bans you have. Those history bans need to be active. If there's a history ban that is not active (as in inactive, marked as yellow), it will not count towards your history.

Let me provide you with an example of a ban history that will result in a permanent ban with 2 history bans:

1) Reckless driving - 5 days

2) Reckless driving + Inappropriate overtaking - 10 days

3) Insulting - 5 days

4) Reckless driving + Ramming - 1-month due to §2.8

5) (FIRST BAN TURNS INACTIVE resulting in 3 active bans, and this being the fourth active ban now) Reckless driving + Ramming - 1-month due to §2.8

6) (2 ACTIVE HISTORY BANS) Insulting - permanent due to history

Hope this helps. ?

• HaulieLove 2
  • Awesome! 1

ღ ɢᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ᴇɴɢɪɴᴇᴇʀɪɴɢ ღ

Active bans are all your bans that expires within the last 12 months. Active history bans are those that are extended due to history and have expired within the last 12 months.

Rule 2.8 answers this one: 

"The first 3 bans are issued at the staff member’s discretion"

If you have 4 inactive bans the new ban will be according to:

"The first 3 bans are issued at the staff members discretion"

Hope that clears it up

Edited by LincolnVanLincolnius
Misunderstanding
  • HaulieLove 1
  • True Story 1

Hello there! ?

Has your problem been solved with the above solution suggestions?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return!

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Support

• Upvote 1

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

Hey there Gaeul. 

In regards to your question.  

1. All bans remain active for 1 year once the ban period ends so all active bans are the same. 
2. If you have 2 active ban the next ban will be at the staff member’s discretion. If you have 3 active bans that is when the 4 is 1 month due to history.

3. No only active ban are counted for a permanent ban  due to history bsns so you could have 5 inactive bans but only 1 active so that would be at the staff member’s discretion. 

• Thanks 1

I can’t understand this sentence below.

If you have at least two active history bans in your ban history, Game Moderators will extend your next ban to a permanent ban, regardless of how many bans you have had in the last year.

Can anyone explain this with example? Thank you.

8 hours ago, Gaeul said:

§2.8 - How bans are issued

The first 3 bans are issued at the staff member’s discretion.

The 4th ban is thirty days.

The 5th ban is permanent.

Any bans older than 12 months at the time of the new ban being issued are ignored, this 12 month period is the ban cooling-off period. Ban extensions are based on the active (less than 12 months old) bans at the time of expiration and will not be altered if a ban goes over the 12 month period while the ban is active. If you have at least two active history bans in your ban history, Game Moderators will extend your next ban to a permanent ban, regardless of how many bans you have had in the last year. Bans that are extended due to it being your 4th or 5th ban cannot be removed, they are strictly thirty days and permanent.

Thank you for your help ?

Hello @Gaeul,

We are glad to hear that your problem has been solved.  

I believe the problem has been resolved because the author marked the best answer in the thread.

Thank you, to all who participated. Have a great day!  

Sincerely, 
Caramba2412 
TruckersMP Support 

//Locked and Moved to Solved. 

Greetings,
Caramba2412   

TruckersMP Support Team Leader