Will the game ever get its players back - Opinions?

Palad

Hi guys,

I thought I would start a discussion. Ever since the convoy update, players have split in half, at peak times they reach around 4000 players at once. Before, at peak times, we were looking at like 8000 at peak times. Do you think it will ever recover or will people stay with the convoy. I'm not sure if people are going to miss the mass multiplayer experience after a while, time will just tell. What do you guys think? 

Let me know! 

6 hours ago, RoyalKin said:

Remember, Some have school and working!

There are also only around 2700 players playing in the weekend, usually it would be 3500+ so I don't think it's only bc of school and work

16 hours ago, jxqeph said:

Hi guys,

I thought I would start a discussion. Ever since the convoy update, players have split in half, at peak times they reach around 4000 players at once. Before, at peak times, we were looking at like 8000 at peak times. Do you think it will ever recover or will people stay with the convoy. I'm not sure if people are going to miss the mass multiplayer experience after a while, time will just tell. What do you guys think? 

Let me know! 

I am starting to doubt the players we'll hit 8k players at peak time, for at least this year 

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Driver

YouTube / Instagram / Twitter

Some people say "its normal" some say "working and school" well the reality is , yes more then half have moved to Convoy mode witch its normal you get more features there or at least the experience its hole different from trucksmp , will we have the same ammount of players like we used to have? No , never , and i think will get worse when the Convoy mode release features like workshop where you can have custom mods/maps.

I think regardless of having more or less we will always have a certain ups and downs time. Both of the two multiplayer game modes have their pros and cons.
I hope good players enjoy this place as their native home.

It's partly due to work and school, partly due to the Convoy update. A lot of players are getting frustrated when trolls ram their truck and not letting them have the optimal experience so they switched to Convoy to play only with their friends and have a relaxing driving session. I think that's the reason here...

Kind regards,

NexusMEISTER

image.png.ec832aa6009e230c04eab3e11c4cf60c.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

It has his ups and downs, of course is nice just to drive with your friends without be worrying of being rammed, trolled or blocked.

But at the same time is also nice to drive on busy road in Truckersmp and stand hours in a traffic jam haha. it has all his pros and cons.

Soon also hopefully wintermod and christmas are coming we will see how much it will change. 

Well the AI traffic in convoy REALLY helps and is a big reason I and probably many others play it. When mod support is added that will attract a ton of players as well. 

For me the best thing is I can play ATSMP without the roads being completely dead. Although the events that TMP hosts are very popular and I like attending them sometimes, I just attended the Real Ops V12 event the other day and that was the first TMP event I played in about a year I think and the server peaked at over 1k players so people definitely enjoy coming for the events. Maybe hosting a ton of events is what TMP is going to be great for in the future. Of course lots of people like driving with tons of players too but right now with the low player counts you can only find lots of players on CD road. People going back to school and working has an effect too, I've noticed that on other games such as Minecraft. However this doesn't seem to happen with every game for some reason, take CSGO for example, they actually gained a good amount of players from August to September.

Also another thought I have, maybe the 2 truck sim games could potentially gain a larger following if popular youtubers start doing videos on it. SCS could start sponsoring people who play simulation games. I don't think I've seen any million sub youtubers (or at least the ones that get lots of views at the same time) do videos on ETS2 and ATS. If that happened both TMP and the SCS convoy mode could gain a large amount of players and it's a win for both multiplayers. If TMP comes out with something unique from the SCS multiplayer that could bring it back up there too. As I said, the events are one good thing they have, they do attract a good amount of players so they have that going for them still.

I do prefer to play on TruckersMP. I haven't tried SCS Convoy yet.

But there's a lot to consider about why some people may think that the player numbers are reduced. Although SCS Convoy is a thing, I think the effect of the release is partially negligible. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong in the previous statement, with evidence. This topic is very common nowadays but the release of SCS Convoy doesn't really change much about truckersMP (and the cd road is still busy as usual). Some people might prefer to play with their friends and some may want to play in very large servers.

One thing I do wish to mention is that because we are very much at the term time, a lot of people would have started school/collage/university or may be working more often. Covid kinda does play a part to how many people are online and because things are going slightly back to normal, it seems that people can get back to their original activities.

banner

Why people have switched to convoy, I think it's because mods can be used and you dont have to be afraid of being rammed. But I dont know exactly.

However, I think the main reason is that more people have been banned. The game moderation team has grown and therefore does reports dealt with, which should logically result in more bans. More bans = fewer people on the server. Byt thats just my theory.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

It’s the ai traffic IMO that has swung the players to convoy . Look at it this way. most mp players play with a hand full of mates . Once outside the likes of central Germany and France you barely see any one els on the road . Now the map is so big and players so thinly spread there’s a big appeal in gaming with the same hand full of friends but with added bonus of ai traffic across the map giving it the appearance of life . 
At  first I was convinced that the players that went to convoy would be back within a few weeks . I was wrong  . 
I love truckers mp it’s my go to place to chill out after work do some people watching and listen to the chatter of other gamers . 
It’s going to take truckers mp something big to correct this loss of player numbers . 
I sincerely hope they can do it .

I will be one of the last out of the door .☹️

In my opinion one important thing that made the players go to Convoy option from SCS is that they don't have the rules from here on their servers, they can go as fast as they want without restrictions that is a must here of 110 km/h, on convoy option is no speed limiter its just pure fun with your friends for now up to 8 players but in the future it will be more. plus you have the traffic and some other more options that u have there ... 

Bringing back the players for now its impossible at least for now, maybe if they take out the speed limiter something will change but will not count, its too late.

We will see what happens in the future.

Having both options of MP is nice. Some people may decide not to return to TMP, However the community is always growing and i'm sure plenty of new players will join. The one thing i think TMP do really well is the fantastic events. Real ops is always such an enjoyable experience. 

Come join Mine and Churcher97's VTC here

I don't get the appeal of the official SCS multiplayer update.  The thing I like most about TruckersMP is the feeling of driving around in a world inhabited by other players. Meeting random truckers on the road, seeing other people doing their convoys. I love driving alone on an empty road and then all of a sudden meeting 25 company colored trucks coming the opposite direction. That combined with listening to traffic on TruckersFM. Can't get that on a server with 10 players.

I also never noticed that there are less people playing. This past week I've only been driving around in the Baltic area (which I thought would be kinda empty) and I meet people all the time.

Take in mind, that before the official multiplayer from scs, players had only TMP as an option, that's why those numbers. Now the players have 2 options, the other is with AI traffic, third part mods support, weather synchronization, and probably in the future higher number of players for the lobbies. To answer to your question, i think will be hard to get back to the past numbers 

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

I've been an active Truckers MP player since 2014. I've seen ups and downs, but this recent drop off is obviously due to SCS releasing convoy mode. With convoy now being mod compatible in 1.42, Truckers MP will be hard-pressed to regain any semblance of it's former glory. I've been around here long enough to see this community go through rough times at the start, only to eventually find it's footing and become a home for ETS2/ATS lovers. I will remain faithful to TMP until the end, but, convoy mode is freakin' awesome!

Edit: I had to add this. The main reason I will always be here, is the outstanding staff and those super awesome events they organize.

On 9/28/2021 at 9:42 PM, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

Soon also hopefully wintermod and christmas are coming we will see how much it will change. 

To be honest, I don't think anything will change. SCS Software put 1.42 in beta for both ATS and ETS2 and mods will be supported for Convoy Mode in 1.42. So if those season mods will be supported as well, I doubt that's gonna be a reason the players will come back 

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Driver

YouTube / Instagram / Twitter

TMP will likely never support mods like SCSMP will. The main reason is that everyone on the server will have to have the same mod. So just cause one person wants to use a truck mod then everyone else will have to have that mod too. Which is impossible when you have thousands of people like we do. Its the sheer scale of TMP that makes a lot of the things SCSMP can do impossible. But it also means that on TMP you dont have to only drive with a few friends and some dumb AI traffic. And we can and do host some very big events and you can be part of a big VTC and drive with all of the members of that VTC on TMP.  There is very few things we cant do because of the size of TMP but there is quite a lot of things we can do like said here: https://truckersmp.com/blog/255 So i see a bright future ahead of TMP. And so i am sure the players will be back at some point when they get tired of playing with their few friends on SCS MP.

SCS Convoy Mode has another CLEAR advantage over TruckersMP. If a player is banned while in a convoy game, all they have to do is find another one to join... No risk of perma bans, no need for "ban-evading", for appeals, etc. ?

But this can be a good thing! TruckersMP's banned players can now play with their friends without having to waste money creating alt-accounts to ban-evade, the roads in TMP's servers will be safer!

Archived