Question regarding internet connection to TruckersMP servers.

Question

Hi, I have a question about internet connection to TruckersMP servers.

Below are my results from the Internet Speed Test application. My basic question is below.

spacer.png

Is it normal that my ping in the game on the Simulation 2 server reaches 40ms to 60ms? On ProMods servers, my ping is from 30ms to 40ms.
It seems to me that with my internet speed the results should be much lower?

I think about it for a long time and cannot answer my question. Thanks for the help.

5 answers to this question

Ping has nothing to do with Download or Upload bandwidth, but with the distance between your computer and the server. A ping ran between a same PC and a same server will give the same result if you connect with 1 Gbps fiber or if you connect with 10 Mbps ADSL, provided that none of the connections are saturated (used over their available bandwidth). Results from speedtest and similar sites are not significant, because they test, by default, against their server that is nearest to your location. That's why speedtest says 6 ms and your ping against a server far away can be 40, 60 or 300 ms. For this same reason, depending on where you are located, a ping against a server in France can be lower or higher than another against a server in Germany.

• Upvote 1

Hello there! ?

Has your problem been solved with the above solution suggestions?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return!

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Support

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

Hello there, ?

Since you got the answer, I will go ahead and move this topic to solve topics. 

If you have anymore issue in the future, feel free to contact us again 

Sincerely,
Beenz.

TruckersMP - Support 

//Locked and moved to Solved Topics 

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️