C-D Road in ATS

Loexie

Since ATS is less popular than ETS2, I have an interesting question for y'all.

Do y'all want a C-D Road look-a-like in ATS? The road will be the same as in ETS2: congested, chaotic and filled with trolls. 

I am curious about y'all thoughts. ?

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Senior Human Resources

6 hours ago, Loexie said:

Since ATS is less popular than ETS2, I have an interesting question for y'all.

Do y'all want a C-D Road look-a-like in ATS? The road will be the same as in ETS2: congested, chaotic and filled with trolls. 

I am curious about y'all thoughts. ?

Today at RO12 there was a ''Calais - Duisburg'' there near Clifton. ?

6 hours ago, sDev (REC)(G27) said:

Today at RO12 there was a ''Calais - Duisburg'' there near Clifton. ?

True, but less chaotic ?

Kind regards,

Loexie   

In the past, Oxnard was one of the hotspots in ATS. Traffic in that location died out after less players were actually connecting to ATSMP servers. During Big Sur event, the landslide area, along with California State Route 1 became the hotspot during the event. Due to traffic within the landslide area, one of the side roads had to be widened while adding traffic lights in order to regulate traffic in the area. In order to get to the company located in the landslide area, you had to wait a long time. Once you got there, the return route was much faster.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

^^^ No, the jam in RO12 (from what I've read) was less chaotic because of the presence of TruckersMP staff that would kick or even ban anyone that would try to troll there.

ON-TOPIC: I don't play ATS that much, but if there were a place similar to the C-D area in ETS2MP, I'd be happy... Most "idiots on the road" and trolls won't leave that area, the rest of the map becomes a lot safer.

17 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

No, the jam in RO12 (from what I've read) was less chaotic because of the presence of TruckersMP staff that would kick or even ban anyone that would try to troll there.

Yes, I know that 

Kind regards,

Loexie   

I would love to see that! Right now if you play ATSMP on TMP instead of the SCS convoy mode, you can barely find anyone since people are all spread out and there's still no AI traffic in TMP, so given the low player count a popular road would be nice to have. Although it would be hard to organize people to drive on a certain road. In the past that has happened on multiple occasions but only for a short amount of time. 

Some examples include:

• From what I heard when ATS first released back in Feb 2016, since ATS only had California and Nevada at the time and had a 1:35 instead of 1:20 scale at first, the map was very compact and players saw each other often even if most people spread out. I wasn't playing truck sims at the time (started late 2017) but from what I saw in videos, I believe that Oxnard was the most popular city and route 1 in california (which is close to Oxnard) was the most popular. But players must have been spread out a decent amount too because as I said the map was small at the time and plenty of people were playing according to player graphs back in 2016 on https://stats.truckersmp.com/
  • Operation Big Sur WOT Event back in June 2018
  • June 2019 when Washington DLC was released the logging road east of Bellingham had a good amount of players on it. There was even a secret road there too which was pretty cool. At the time it was very unique to drive on (because this was before the Kirkenes quarry road in Promods which came out a few months later) because on roads like that AI traffic can't drive on there normally so it's chaotic at times to drive there with other people but that made it fun for me because I enjoy a challenge with the wide turns and most people actually behaved well and gave you room if you were coming uphill especially. I had lots of fun on that road for at least a month but then it died off after about a month and a half. 
  • December 2020 when Promods Canada released there were lots of players there and although there wasn't a popular road, you could see a good a amount players anywhere you go. Because the map is currently small and probably 80-90% of players on the server was in Canada it's possible for players for spread out more instead of having to make a popular road to see each other often. IIRC it peaked at around 1500 which unfortunately was the player cap for first day or two at least till it got increased so there could have been more. Unfortunately it only stayed popular for about 1-2 weeks though because the map is pretty small. The fact that people only need Oregon and Washington DLC to use Promods Canada definitely helped the player count. You can get those 2 DLC pretty cheap on sales because they're older DLCs and also get the Pacific Northwest bundle to get those DLC even cheaper plus Idaho and Forest Machinery DLC.
  • And of course always when a new DLC comes out that will always be popular for at least a month in multiplayer. People mostly spread out so they can explore the map but Washington DLC is a small exception, although you could still find a decent amount of people outside of the logging road because of good player counts which I believe were over 1000.

You can probably see videos of most of these if you're curious how it was back when they were popular. There's probably more videos on when ATS was first released and Operation Big Sur event in multiplayer, for the others you may have to do some looking for awhile. Let me know if I missed anything.

On 9/28/2021 at 8:15 PM, José Borja said:

With American Truck Simulator there is not a road as Calais-Duisburg. Just there is much people when is event with TruckersMP as RO12 or convoys. On Las Vegas there is much people but they are parked always.

I asked for an opinion, not for facts btw lmao

Kind regards,

Loexie   

To be honest, some people like those crowded roads. Sometimes it's really interesting, but many times I'll be bored, and some idiots will overtake on the road, so it's a headache. Really

Kind regards
Tony.Stark
Bruijn Logistics

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Hello, 

Since this topic has not been replied to for more than fourteen (14) days, I will archive this topic.
We archive topics that are inactive to keep the forums tidy and organized. 

I encourage you to engage in the community later on! Stay healthy.

//Locked and moved to Archive

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived