Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Server Weather Sync

iamwoz

Suggestion Name: Server Weather Sync for all Players

Suggestion Description: My suggestion is to create a server sync for weather in all maps that aims the purpose of create realistic weather based on city weather. (May I suggest this Weather API to get requests from a reliable source to get all data to sync in the game https://openweathermap.org/api)

Ex.: I'm in Denmark and I want to go to Calais and we have 2 great routes to go though, one over france and another by netherlands, but one of them is having a strong rain, so I can change my route to avoid this rainy weather and keep my track clear to drive more safely. Also the server may can reduce the top speed when you're driving under rain. This will create a more "realistic" world inside truckers mp.

Any example images: 

image.thumb.png.e28c554733f2a5088900fb9face93aaf.png

Why should it be added?:

I'm suggesting this especially with the purpose of create synchronized rains between map, so you may have to study the weather in all route you will do to check the best way to drive.

• Like 1

Hello,

Thank you for creating a suggestion on the forum.

Synced weather used to be a feature until we decided to remove it due to it causing a lot of lag for other users (especially with low end PCs) and therefore would affect the quality of the game servers.

This is one of the frequently suggested things but unfortunately due to the high amount of players receiving lag when this was implemented, it was removed.

You can find a list of the frequently suggested suggestions here:

Thank you for understanding!

Kind regards,

JamesS014

TruckersMP Community Manager

// Rejected.

• True Story 1