Do you think Truckers MP will bring us back the 150 km/h speed limit?

-TurboStar-

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I highly doubt we will ever get the 150km/h speed limit back but I sure do miss those days ? Its not exactly unheard of for a truck to go 150km/h :kappa:

Spoiler

You can still go 150km/h and over on the arcade server ? C-D too is still pretty much the same as before just at a slower speeds ?

No one knows what will happen in the future but I'd be pretty surprised if we ever got the 150km/h back. Like the Europort traffic jams the 150km/h speed limit days are probably just a part of TMPs history 

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

Ah shit, here we go again. I'll keep it short this time, people should not be forced to play a game in a certain way, stop this nonsense bring back the good old #EU 2 times and before you reply with ''THIS IS NOT A RACING GAME'' there always has been a Realistic simulation server back in the day with maximum of 100-200 players joining lol compared to other servers that was almost full every single day with that being said the choice should be given to you 

I do understand that the web reports need to be decreased but lets be honest Road to simulation wasn't the solution.

ps i know there is Arcade servers please just dont waste my time with that crap

2 hours ago, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

Hayır 150km/s hız sınırını bir daha geri alabileceğimizden şüpheliyim ama o günleri kesinlikle özlüyorum ?Bir kamyonun 150km/s hız yapması pek duyulmamış bir şey değil:kappa:

Gizli içerikleri ortaya çıkarın

Arcade sunucu CD'sinde hala 150km/s ve üzeri gidebilirsiniz ?, sadece daha düşük hızlarda hala eskisi ile hemen hemen aynı?

Gelecekte ne olacağını kimse bilmiyor ama 150km/s'i geri alırsak çok şaşırırım. Europort trafik sıkışıklığı gibi, 150 km/s hız sınırı günleri de muhtemelen TMP tarihinin sadece bir parçasıdır 

My dear brother. The driver in the video is not a normal person. These are unusual things. They cannot be examples.

" never give up "

5 hours ago, Killua // Ireland ^_^ said:

No I highly doubt we will ever get the 150km/h speed limit back but I sure do miss those days ? Its not exactly unheard of for a truck to go 150km/h :kappa:

It is also unheard of for cars jumping over roundabout (getting totalled in the process), doesn't mean it's a correct way to navigate through the roundabout. But it's almost a norm on TruckersMP "simulation" server, same as speeding.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:53 AM, -TurboStar- said:

Will you expect one day that Truckers MP change the speedlimit to what it was before? What are your thoughts if Truckers MP one day decide to bring us back the 150 km/h speed limit? Do you think its more realistic? More chaotic? Personally i think its more realistic cause i nave seen trucks going 150 km/h and more, and definetly realistic for the cars, my 6th gear on the scout car never used xD 

With the introduction of "Road to Simulation", the TruckersMP team has ruled out a higher speed limit on the simulation servers. Therefore I don't expect them to increase it again.

The speed limit was also reduced due to the high number of accidents caused by users, who lost control of their vehicles while driving at excessive high speed. It consequently wouldn't make sense to bring back these high speed limits, because it would eventually end up in mayhem again.

Just because you saw a truck going 150 km/h in real life doesn't mean that you should be able to do in simulation as well. What you saw can only be regarded as a rare exception and can't be seriously taken into account of shaping the future of TruckersMP.

I advise you to get to know the different real world speed limits of Europe respectively America and try to put these into practice in the simuators. It will increase your experience a lot.

On 9/16/2021 at 2:36 AM, JuanK. said:

110 KM / H is more than enough.

Remember that it's a "Truck Simulator", the ideal speed for heavy vehicles is 90 KM / H. This is not a racing game. Need for Speed would be perfectly fine if you want to race :thisisfine:

I agree with you. Cars is made for higher speed but trucks is made for 90 Km/h. 

I hope that 150 Isn't brought back, people struggle to drive properly at 110 and they still manage to cause collisions. The second reason is because this is a simulation game not a racing game, arcade is an option if you want to drive fast and at least that way you cant damage other players on the roads.

I think 110km is enough, because if the speed is too high, sometimes it will not stop, and a lot of traffic accidents will occur, so the server will be more chaotic

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

Whether if TMP will bring back 150 kph at some point of time, only time will tell. But personally for me I don't need it to be higher then it already is. I find 110 kph a suitable speed to be driving on the motorway when there is no one around, and when there is traffic, or I'm driving on smaller roads, I normally never go above 90-95 kph. So setting the limit at 150 kph wouldn't change anything for me personally.

spacer.png | spacer.png

No, it's nonsense! The game is made for trucks not for cars and trucks usually don't exceed 90 km/h so I really don't agree with changing the limits! After all, it's a simulation game, not Forza Horizon ?

Kind regards,

NexusMEISTER

image.png.ec832aa6009e230c04eab3e11c4cf60c.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

40 minutes ago, NexusMEISTER said:

No, it's nonsense! The game is made for trucks not for cars and trucks usually don't exceed 90 km/h so I really don't agree with changing the limits! After all, it's a simulation game, not Forza Horizon ?

I agree

• 2 weeks later...

The shortest answer I've ever written: no.

Why? In Europe, in the most Countries the trucks are limited to 90 km/h anyways.

Except for UK with 97km/h and Romania with 100km/h.

Everything above 100km/h is pretty dangerous, as you have to keep in mind, the truck weighs at least 7tons with the Trailer even more.

Then you have also Cargo in the trailer, the forces are so immense high on high speeds, it's unbelievable.

Driving 150km/h are in that case too unrealistic and also too dangerous.

Means, the current limit of 110km/h is still 10km/h too much, however better than 150km/h anyways.

I just drive what the Route Advisor tells me, means following:

Limit / my Speed
50 / 50

60 / 64
70 / 74
80 / 84 <- Country Road

80 / 87-89 <- Highway

90 / 90

97 / 97 <- UK Highway

100 / 100 <- Romanian Highway

But those limits are just what you can drive on a clear road, with curves, hills and so on you may need to slow down to avoid flipping over and make the truck sleep :troll:

Your average pleb from Austria.

Favorite Truck: MAN TGX 2022, 4*2 Chassis, 500hp Engine and a 12 Speed Gearbox (Automatic).

Favorite Trailer: Dryvan from SCS

My VTC (on Trucky😞

badge

Nope. 150km/h isnt real. 

The simulation is almost a real server. It would not be realistic to drive a 150 km / h truck

Discord: m4gu3ll#3676 || Languages: Polish / English

1771048576_role_Driver(1).png.d3968ae9711791576545_role_VeteranI(1).png.e3f68b3c

-> My website ▪ My Trucksbook Profile ▪ My WoT Account <-
 | Ban Appeal | Feedback | Join the Team | Rules |

I personally find it very unlikely. It would be nice to drive a bit faster but as we all know we have some users that don't follow our rules. Keeping it down helps avoiding accidents. I personally think it should be decreased even further to 100 Km/h. This may give you some insight on why we have this limit in place - https://truckersmp.com/blog/194

Archived