Do you think Truckers MP will bring us back the 150 km/h speed limit?

-TurboStar-

Will you expect one day that Truckers MP change the speedlimit to what it was before? What are your thoughts if Truckers MP one day decide to bring us back the 150 km/h speed limit? Do you think its more realistic? More chaotic? Personally i think its more realistic cause i nave seen trucks going 150 km/h and more, and definetly realistic for the cars, my 6th gear on the scout car never used xD 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a Truck's game, the Scout is only an add-on gift that the developers decided to release so players can have a bit of "variety". But the game's physics are meant for trucks, trucks in most of Europe can't go faster than 90 Km/h, in the USA only some states allow for them to go 80 mph (129 Km/h). And even in Europe, there's only some places in Germany where cars can go legally at 150 Km/h, most countries have limits in the 120-130 Km/h range.

So allowing players to do 150 Km/h is 100% against realism. You've seen trucks going 150 Km/h and more... You've seen some stupid and crazy truck drivers. Who will eventually lose their licenses, their jobs or even their lives and can end up in jail if they cause damage to others.

Some people jumping off a cliff doesn't mean that jumping off a cliff is a normal or a good thing. Real and normal is what most people do, not the 1% of lunatics that appear in the news or in Youtube "Crazy drivers" videos from time to time.

EDIT: This being said, NO, I don't think that TMP will or should bring back any higher limits than the ones we have now. Whoever wants to drive faster than 110 Km/h - 80 mph can use the arcade servers, that's what they were opened for.

51 minutes ago, User_4447860 said:

cause i nave seen trucks going 150 km/h

Whoever was driving that truck should have his license taken away. That's a great way to kill a lot of people.
And just FYI, ETRC trucks are limited to 160 km/h
. I doubt that person was a racing driver. :thisisfine:

2 minutes ago, Startle said:

Whoever was driving that truck should have his license taken away. That's a great way to kill a lot of people.
And just FYI, ETRC trucks are limited to 160 km/h
. I doubt that person was a racing driver. :thisisfine:

Yeah man real talk, on YouTube you can find some of the trucks going really fast, but i think they're empty otherwise would be difficult to reach that speed and to brake 100+ to 0

If the speed limit changes, SCS might as well rename ETS2 and ATS to Truck Racing Simulator 2021.

https://movingon.blog.gov.uk/2015/03/18/reminder-hgv-speed-limit-changes-in-england-and-wales/ - Trucks in the EU must be set to a speed limit of 56mph or lower. 

This would encourage people to just drive higher than the current speed limit and increase the likelihood of trucks tipping over or crashing into another player/object. More content for Tony 747 "Idiots on the road". So no, I am firmly against the idea of increasing the speed limiter on trucks. If you wish to drive any faster than the current speed limiter, play in single player or arcade.

banner

will this nonsense ever stop?? 

staff confirmed they will never change the speedlimit back to old values again since it was a fail. 

with the next step of Road to Simulation its more likely we will go with with national speedlimit regulations instead.  

we once had a nice catalog of European Regulations for Semis listet form A to Z ....  

and again only because some Bulgarian , Turkish , Aussie , or English Goatheads  threw their Brains out of the Window dosnt mean its the norm. 

When you do jobs in ETS (or ATS) mostly won’t be able to really drive 150 km/h or faster. And when you drive on the CD road or Kirkenes with 150 km/h there will be a accident every 10 meters instead of every 50 meters. Especially in high populated areas it is saver to drive 90 and not 110. And if they increase the speed limit, the life for trolls will be much easier because they can crash into others with a much higher speed. I think that 110 is already a limit when driving a truck. Just keep in mind that this is not a racing game, it’s a Simulator, where you can sometimes drive over the limit, as long it is safe to do. 

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

33 minutes ago, Ash_0104 said:

If the speed limit changes, SCS might as well rename ETS2 and ATS to Truck Racing Simulator 2021.

https://movingon.blog.gov.uk/2015/03/18/reminder-hgv-speed-limit-changes-in-england-and-wales/ - Trucks in the EU must be set to a speed limit of 56mph or lower. 

This would encourage people to just drive higher than the current speed limit and increase the likelihood of trucks tipping over or crashing into another player/object. More content for Tony 747 "Idiots on the road". So no, I am firmly against the idea of increasing the speed limiter on trucks. If you wish to drive any faster than the current speed limiter, play in single player or arcade.

They are free to do it now then. You can turn off the speed limiter in ETS2 and probably also ATS and you can drive faster than 110 kmh so.

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Senior Human Resources

Speed regulations are determined by the game moderation team, because this section deals with one or more complaints that occur within the game.

I mean, if the speed limit is lowered, there are too many high-speed accidents in the game, or it leads to situations that can cause players who reach high speeds to commit more rule violations, if the speed limits are lowered, this is necessary.

It is possible to observe similar accidents at low speeds, but I am sure that compared to high speeds, this ratio is very low, and you will be able to see it with your own eyes. 110km / h is an ideal limit for the moment. When players treat each other with respect and drive without violating, the speed limit will rise.

This is not race game. If you want make speed you can play F1.

Good Morning TMP

Hey,

110/kmh is enough, as this will help both players and avoid accidents. You Can Already Use Arcade Servers Where You Can Go Faster. You Can Be Sure It's Best For Everyone ?

A straight answer to your question, No. I doubt it will ever come back, and I'm very grateful for that.

As many people have said, this game is a simulator, where you simulate truck driving. And in real life its very rare if it almost ever happens that trucks drive faster than 110. Let alone 150. Most trucks (at least in Europe) is locked to 90km/h and there's a reason for it. I think it's generous of TruckersMP to let us drive 110 on simulator servers. So we don't need a higher speed limit.

CD is an awful place now, with 110. How will it be with 150? I'll end it with that question.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

I am glad the 150km/h speedlimit has been dropped to 110km/h. And that you only can go Arcade if you want to speed.

If the servers were as busy as a few months ago, with 150km/h speedlimit, on the normal servers. I think admins would go nuts about the additional amount of idiots, who think driving 150km/h on the C-D road is fine ><
But I think if the servers were still on 150km/h, I think TMP never had over 10,000 logged in users at one time. Because a lot of people would've quit because of the chaos.

Nope, we discussed it a lot of times so far.

Giving you that simple answer of Nope, cause 110km/h is the perfect speed limiter set, after so many observations and tests.

Now I can imagine how you would gonna say that crashes happen on 60 to 110 to 160 to 210, but hey reducing speed limits was kinda necessary and reasonable.

With so many reckless minds to deal with in-game.

:mlg_doge: :110:

No, I think it should never be brought back, on the contrary, the speed limit should be 90 for trucks and 110 for vehicles.

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

Archived