So how often do you attend on convoys, truckfests, etc.?

~ Xris Aurora ~

So now, yet another simple question for your thoughts.

Now telling you about myself.

Convoys, truckfests, etc have never been my thing on TMP, unless I get my bulgarian mates there with me, for some quick and easy voice communication.

I'd rather spend my trucking adventures solo, on C-D, hauling around EU, following my personal schedule.

Now you tell me about yourself.

:mlg_doge:

I've tried 2 of them. One convoy, years ago. I believed that my PC was quite powerful and would have no problems to handle the crowd. Launched the game, spawned in a city near the starting point for the convoy, started driving, all good. When I was entering the starting point city, the TAB list started to go crazy... 12... 29... 83... And the higher the player count, the lower my FPS, until I decided to Alt+F4. I wouldn't risk driving in such conditions. The next one was the first "Real Operations" event. This was a bit better, in regards to FPS, but I found that most people are like sheep. Too many people in the same place, stopped wherever they had spawned, asking "When does the convoy start?" People join events without reading what those events are about? Clearly yes, they do. Then I drove for a bit on one of the roads, witnessed a couple of "Real ops" incidents, where most drivers had to stop and like always, too many idiots would try to "overtake" using any gaps available. Again... Alt+F4. And decided that no more. These "crowd" events could be so fun and enjoyable, but there are too many players in TruckersMP that see it as another GTA.

So I just launch the game, spawn, search the "External Contracts" market, choose one I like and drive to the destination. When finished, if I feel like driving for a bit longer, I repeat that process. My only "filters" are: Distance - I'll always try to choose a long distance job, over 1000 Km and if available, over 2000 Km. Destination - I will immediately discard jobs if the delivery city is Calais or Duisburg, unless I'm playing single. The times when I picked one without noticing, I'd disconnect way before reaching the city, to finish the job in Arcade servers or single player. It's too annoying to drive 2000 Km without a single incident only to have everything go down the toilet in an instant because of one of the so common "Idiots on the road".

But TBH... I'd rather use single player lately. I can do the same as I do in MP, drive, enjoy the route, listen to some music... But in single player, I don't feel like Mad Max, driving my truck on the wasteland and only alert when some "foes" appear in my radar.

True story at the end what @FernandoCR [ESP] said in the second to last paragraph about how long distance jobs can go down the drain due to reckless drivers. 

I am a SP player but when I hop on MP I tend to drive solo most of the time, unless I'm in the mood to join someone or ask if other drivers would like to join me in completing a couple of jobs and in regards with convoys / truckfest's, I usually try to attend / join atleast one a month. 

Last time I have taken part in one was at least one and half year ago, when I got finally fed up. Let me explain.

For these events it takes hour for the rear  participants to even leave the starting place after the convoy leader is halfway down the route, usually I had to wait and wait until my FPS were reasonable enough to attempt anything.

Then you get to drive a while until stopped for minutes by huge jam because there is a turn on the route, when it finally clears you drive again but this time there are bigger gaps, this goes on and on, untill the gaps are so big that you dont see more than few players behind you, who are complaing that you are too slow and you should drive a real truck (aka 730HP Scania/750HP Volvo), because you were so silly to actually take a load with 500HP toy truck, so overtaking commences shortly. Event management also  announces to "close the gaps" which translate to race 150km/h to even dream about catching up.

In the rare event that the convoy would stay more or less intact, there were still too many rule breaking for my taste, once an admin driving right behind me for clouple of minutes had to kick so many attempting to evertake, it wasn't very fun.

I have also attended some of those WoT events which temporarily turned previously lifeless places on TMP servers into chaos, like Big Sur, One Truck Family or for the last time, Operation Genoa Bridge.

The recent graphics changes and more and more game content further worsened the problems with FPS and lag in populated areas, so I just stopped attending public events.

I had always preffered driving on my own, doing long distance WoT contracts, but lately I'm mostly playing in singleplayer where I can enjoy mods only dealing with mostly predictable AI traffic which still sometimes surprise me with something that reminds me TMP servers.

It depends. Some weeks there's a lot of fun events, some weeks there is no fun event. But usually it's around 1-2 events a week. But it also depends on how I feel etc. Some days I feel for convoys, having a chat with friends etc, some days I just feel like driving alone. That's just how it is. That's also why I like a "free" VTC. Which has no rules on x amount of convoys a month or something. 

I rarely join public events as public, it's just too much chaos in my opinion. No order, no calm, just chaos. Also, since you're so far in the back, the convoy is more start / stop than peaceful driving. But public events which my VTC joins is nice, mostly it's quite calm then.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

well better be in convoys than driving because for me atleast driving alone is kinda boring thing and with friends always more fun to drive and time goes faster

Since my last convoy went horrible (from my experiences), I don't think I'll ever attend a convoy again any time soon (with maybe 1 exception)

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Driver

YouTube / Instagram / Twitter

• 2 weeks later...

Quite frankly, I rarely attend convoys and such. They always take place on the weekend, where I am busy with other things, but I'd say I attend a convoy / event like once a month minimum. I used to attend them whenever possible, but due to time constraints that's not possible anymore.

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

ETS2/ATS without TMP events is just driving, and that's about it. They're not like other simulators where you have tasks allocated to you or you have goals to reach.
For me at least, events are the only reasons why the game is worth playing. Otherwise, it'd just get dull and repetitive just driving everywhere.

I usually participate in some activities, but sometimes time is not allowed, so Calais is the happiest

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

I like a good mixture of it all. In the daytime, I would normally start of by driving by myself, and then at some point someone will message me on Discord asking if we should drive together. We would then arrange a place to meet, and then drive for some time. In relation to convoys/events I try to attend as many as I can find the time for. I like being a convoys because it gives me a chance to meet a lot of new people, and also have conversations with some of the users that I already know from previous convoys. So yeah, a good mixture of it all, is what I like.

spacer.png | spacer.png

Foremost, when It's an interesting one and of course when I have time ?

Kind regards,

NexusMEISTER

image.png.ec832aa6009e230c04eab3e11c4cf60c.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

Hello dear @[Clownish] Xrisssie l BG

First of all, I woud like to thank you for creating this interesting topic. ?

- Since I joined to Pries Logistics,where are convoy notifications every day about some event, I usually attend some 1-2 x per week due to more work like School, house work and more things, that I have to do everyday.

However, I prefer to drive alone over night.

Thank you for asking us!

I look forward for next topics created by you.

Sincerely,

RedWolf_TMP

Experienced Problem Solver & Trial Pries Driver

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

• 3 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Hello, 

Since this topic has not been replied to for more than fourteen (14) days, I will archive this topic.
We archive topics that are inactive to keep the forums tidy and organized. 

I encourage you to engage in the community later on! Stay healthy.

//Locked and moved to Archive

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived