Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Discussion about TMP Servers

Hello, as you know, there has been a lot of interest after SCS introduced the official multiplayer. Presumably because of this, the number of players on TruckersMP servers does not reach the full capacity of the server. What needs to be done to win players back? Secondly there are some local servers [Eg: SGP simulation] but they are really empty and the number of server slots is more than the number of players.

This topic has been mentioned many times ever since SCS announced their convoy multiplayer. I personally think that the main reason why the player count is lower is because school is starting up for a lot of people. I'm sure that once people are back into a rhythm with school and that other people are fine trying out SCS's convoy mode, most players will return. I'm sure that the TMP devs have a good amount of updates in store for us so I wouldn't worry that because the player count is lower, that they would abandon it. TMP has a strong community behind it that I think will last as long as ETS2 and ATS  are being supported by SCS and probably even after that for a while. 

8 hours ago, xJustxn_ said:

Acho que o verdadeiro motivo é realmente o início da escola. Muitos jogadores tinham muito tempo antes, porque podiam ficar o tempo todo em casa e não precisavam ir à escola ou trabalhar.

Quando as férias começarem, o número de jogadores crescerá novamente.

Good Morning 

We just went on vacation and in August the player numbers were low, 

That same question was made in a thread and the answer of many was because of the vacation, we are already in the middle of September and the number of players is not. Increases.

We all know the reason why this is happening .

16 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

What needs to be done to win players back?

This question is as important as the answers given to it.

How to attract users and keep them hooked to multiplayer?

With over 4 million registered users, TruckersMP is successful in attracting users.

Users react very positive to extraordinary events (e.g. racing event), which the TruckersMP team organizes regulary during the year. Also, seasonal mods (spring, summer, winter) and temporary mods (changing vehicles) earn a lot of attention.

I'd also like to mention the prateon program which offers certain benefits to participants.

So what's missing?

The answers will be as manifold as our community.

Personally, I'd like to see AI traffic on the servers to evenly populate the map. It would make driving outside of major cities less lonesome and would increase realism.

Furthermore, I'd like to see their own economy system introduced, gladly combined with server-sided non-tweakable user profiles, which would equally create a new challenge for lone wolves as well as for VTCs.

And what about a pre-owned vehicle market?

While all these ideas are not new and might not even be feasable, they are solely meant to give an impulse for the future of TruckersMP.

I think it's partly because people are back at school/work ect. But I also think part the fact is the roads on TMP get empty real quick when you leave the C-D road. So i think that many people choose convoy as their is AI everywhere and the roads don't feel lonely. It also means small groups of friends can all drive together without having to worry about trolls and people who lets say can't drive the best or know all the road rules. With mod support also to be a thing in convoy it provides people with even more content. I know it would be very hard to do but for TMP I think they would need to introduce some form of AI traffic, basic mod compatibilities and things like more events. The thing that makes TMP so great is the staff all of them are friendly and willing to help, plus TMP has huge community not only in the game but also here in the forums. I like TMP because of the events such as real ops, convoys, racing events. But now more than ever I fee that there needs to be something new brought into the game for example I know its hard to do but with the alternating cars make interiors for them. for example just make 4 different ones so one for small cars, vans, trucks, and other things. 

Personally I enjoy driving on TMP as its a good way to meet new people and to just chill with friends and as I'm in  a VTC it makes it a lot easier for me to enjoy trucking with the other members throughout that VTC.

i actually stoped playing on TMP because of the Convoy option.  the paths are shorter , i dont have to deal with trolls and morrons lagspikes  and other things i didnt ask for. 

it might be limited by now but its still more fun then TMP is today.   

just like i said before the majority of all player are bunched up at c-d  and render the whole thing unfun and boring.   the other portion of the map is just empty  so there is no point to waste any more time on a multiplayer without multiple player around. 

also the convoy got 1000% more social live in it in one hour then TMP in one year.  

unless the staff dont bring out something special that make it stand out form the rest i dont see any need to come back any time soon.   

TMP had been the "Only" thing for a long time .... doe the luck of alternatives you just go on and endure all the flaws it have.  

even hosting a server all alone is more fun then doing the lone wolf in TMP.  

16 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

just like i said before the majority of all player are bunched up at c-d  and render the whole thing unfun and boring.   the other portion of the map is just empty  so there is no point to waste any more time on a multiplayer without multiple player around. 

This, sadly, is true.

The empty roads were also the reason for me to turn away from multiplayer and back to singleplayer a long time ago.

AI traffic beats any troll and reckless driver hands down.

On 9/9/2021 at 6:50 PM, Princess Aurora said:

Hello, as you know, there has been a lot of interest after SCS introduced the official multiplayer. Presumably because of this, the number of players on TruckersMP servers does not reach the full capacity of the server. What needs to be done to win players back? Secondly there are some local servers [Eg: SGP simulation] but they are really empty and the number of server slots is more than the number of players.

Some players are back to school and back to working is often the reason.

To be honest, it's the players' choice where to play. If they will never come back, it's a pity for us. 

3 hours ago, -TurboStar- said:

I feel like we got less people because of the 1.41 temporary, and a lot of people cant change that

1.41 is already released on TMP and ETS2/ATS, so they are free to switch between MP and SP without losing their profiles.

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Senior Human Resources

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived