Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Arcade servers, fast car?

Turboankan

I wish more players played on Arcade server, there is no speed limit here and no collisions!
But people like to play on Simulation where you can Crash another truck, Break their transport..

Imagine if there was a fast car update, a BMW, that could go 300 km/h, but on Simulation-server it cant, then there would be an advantage of playing on Arcade servers!
I think people Need a Strong Attraction for Arcade server to Flourish. 

It would be bad to have toxic players on Arcade servers, but not terrible, i bet toxic gameplay would die in a hurry! Or i Hope!

I wish i could go on a green light on Simulation server, and not fear people running a red-light.. but thats simulation servers! 

I understand where you come from when you mean more people played Arcade servers. However, I doubt it'll ever happen, even if they implement a fast car. Because from my knowledge, people don't go on Arcade just for speed. They go there for either being tired of all the ramming, or they set up saves for something. But I might be wrong.

Also, we will never have toxic people or trollers in arcade, because they get their living from destroying for others. And what is there to destroy in Arcade? Nothing.

Also in my opinion, I like simulation servers because then you actually have to drive properly. And I think the chance to have a collision with other people is part of the fun. Not that I encourage breaking the rules. Just having to be constantly thinking that it might happen is fun imho.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

This is very understandable but unfortunately I like the feel for realism so I just play on the simulation server for that reason 

- Project Manager Of VCC : https://vcc-online.eu/ 

Owner : Of Airlift Legends Community & CEO Of Airlift Legends Trucking [ AL ]   
AL - Discord : 
https://discord.gg/wMb8ng6WfV 

1 hour ago, [BEARS] Respect said:

Simulation. There's the answer. Many people like exactly the simulation, so many on these servers, not on Arcade.

Crashes. That's the real answer. There's no chance to crash other players in the Arcade servers, that's why almost no one uses them. If so many people are into simulation, why do they drive 110 Km/h everywhere? That's nothing like "simulation". And they don't go faster because the server is limited. Make the arcade servers collision-enabled and you'll see how they fill up in no time. But that would bring back the situation that TruckersMP was trying to solve with "Road to simulation" and the 110 Km/h limit, so... I'm afraid that Arcade servers will be 95% empty for a very long time.

According to numerous past discussions, most of users who asked to increase or even remove the speed limit and who were told to use the arcade servers, disagreed because of the missing collision. For them, driving fast without the possibility to crash is boring.

This might be a reason for the empty arcade servers.

EDIT:

@FernandoCR [ESP] was faster than me in responding. 

On 9/8/2021 at 3:20 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Crashes. That's the real answer. There's no chance to crash other players in the Arcade servers, that's why almost no one uses them. If so many people are into simulation, why do they drive 110 Km/h everywhere? That's nothing like "simulation". And they don't go faster because the server is limited. Make the arcade servers collision-enabled and you'll see how they fill up in no time. But that would bring back the situation that TruckersMP was trying to solve with "Road to simulation" and the 110 Km/h limit, so... I'm afraid that Arcade servers will be 95% empty for a very long time.

Arcade servers are one option for security, rollback and simulation among others. Many people choose simulation servers - you can see that from the statistics. The road to simulation is paved for a reason. But also for those who want to play a more complex simulation, there is the VTCW (VTC.World) project, for example.

In my opinion, this discussion makes no sense. The Arcade server is one option, and everyone can see the attendance of players. Yes, there is an option to avoid collisions, but collisions is both realism and incorrect behavior of some players, unfortunately. That's why there's a GM, there's a Community that sends game reports, and they're reviewed.
Correctly stated above - we're playing trucking here.

I personally like the simulation servers as it has more realism, especially when you drive outside of the CD road, and people who play realistically appreciate that even if there are a few trolls here and there. 

15 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

14 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

According to numerous past discussions, most of users who asked to increase or even remove the speed limit and who were told to use the arcade servers, disagreed because of the missing collision. For them, driving fast without the possibility to crash is boring.

This might be a reason for the empty arcade 

I definitely agree. Trolls and other racers get their fun when there is the chance of an accident happening. There are very few people who enjoy only driving fast and don't want to have an accident hence why the arcade servers are generally empty. 

4 hours ago, Turboankan said:

I wish i could play on Simulation server without collisions, Ghost mode could even do it for me, and ofcourse no collisions.

See other trucks but they cant see me, better than dead quiet Arade server, and better than playing singleplayer.

Is there a way to stay in Ghost mode?

Unfortunately, there is no way currently and probably never will be a way to stay in ghost mode as it could cause even more havoc for people when trolls would abuse it. Right now, your best chance is to just play on the Arcade server like what you're doing now, and just promote to your friends and such to get more people in.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived