Triple Trailer Mod not Working as Intended

SkyrushPA

Question

17 answers to this question

16 hours ago, SkyrushPA said:

Still having the same issues as before with this mod. About ready to give up on it...

As far as I understand, you're not able to get cargo for your triple trailer even with the mod.

To be 100% sure you do it correctly, try following the below instructions (It's how I do it ? )

1. Start Euro Truck Simulator 2 from Steam (Singleplayer)

2. Ensure the mod is activated (In case you have other triple trailer mods, please disable those and only leave the one I mentioned enabled for testing)

3. Load your profile

4. Click 'Trailer Purchase'

5. Select a regular trailer, fx. Dry Freighter, Side Door

6. Click 'Customize Configuration'

7. Go to 'Chain type'

8. Select 'b_triple' or 'triple'

9. As a test, hit 'Confirm' (Confirm purchase)

10. Select 'Purchase'

11. You should now see that you can have the trailer delivered to ANY garage on the entire map ? (Garages should be lit orange, instead of grey)

12. If you're able to put the trailer anywhere, you can either buy it now or go back to customize it.

13. Once the trailer has been bought, pick it up and head to the 'Cargo market' 

14. You should now have Cargo for your triple ? 

After the above, save the game, and head back to TruckersMP servers, and test to see if you can still find cargo for your trailer. If you can't, try taking a nap at a hotel or anywhere you can sleep.

Then see if you can find cargo for you triple again ? 

That's how I do it, and for me it works every single time.

I hope it works for you too ? 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

General18

TruckersMP

My supported languages: English, Danish

Support | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback | How To Downgrade

Hello @SkyrushPA

You're very welcome, we are glad to hear that your problem has been solved. ? 
Have a great day! ? 

And good luck on the roads with your triple ? 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

//Locked and Moved to Solved.

General18

TruckersMP

Hey there,

After installing the mod, you may need to refresh the in-game economy by either: 

- Sleeping at a hotel/service station/repair workshop.

- Use a ferry.

- Call for assistance with the F7 menu. 

Save editing may work also, but neither method is officially supported by TruckersMP ?

Kind regards,

Stubborn.

TruckersMP - Support

Hello @SkyrushPA,

It is possible that your triple trailer is set up in a way that it is unavailable in countries where it is not allowed, which would (by game rules) be outside Scandinavia, Germany or the Netherlands. You will have to change that by save editing, or with a mod such as this one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1113405579

Please let us know if this solves your issue.

All the best,

Colored_Greens

TruckersMP Support

spacer.png

Pries Logistics | Discord | Website | Insta | Twitter | Facebook

10 minutes ago, Stubborn. said:

Hey there,

After installing the mod, you may need to refresh the in-game economy by either: 

- Sleeping at a hotel/service station/repair workshop.

- Use a ferry.

- Call for assistance with the F7 menu. 

Save editing may work also, but neither method is officially supported by TruckersMP ?

Kind regards,

Stubborn.

TruckersMP - Support

I tried this numerous times with all the options, hasn't worked for this situation...

8 minutes ago, Colored_Greens said:

Hello @SkyrushPA,

It is possible that your triple trailer is set up in a way that it is unavailable in countries where it is not allowed, which would (by game rules) be outside Scandinavia, Germany or the Netherlands. You will have to change that by save editing, or with a mod such as this one: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1113405579

Please let us know if this solves your issue.

All the best,

Colored_Greens

TruckersMP Support

This may be the issue. I cant get loads even in Single Player. I had this mod installed previously to try and get doubles anywhere in TMP (doesn't work obviously) but it may work to just be able to use the triple in general. I will try it out and let you know.

6 minutes ago, SkyrushPA said:

I tried this numerous times with all the options, hasn't worked for this situation...

This may be the issue. I cant get loads even in Single Player. I had this mod installed previously to try and get doubles anywhere in TMP (doesn't work obviously) but it may work to just be able to use the triple in general. I will try it out and let you know.

Update, Doubles Anywhere did not work... save editing?

3 hours ago, Colored_Greens said:

Hello @SkyrushPA,

You can try following this guide to save edit the trailer: 

Kind regards,

Colored_Greens

TruckersMP Support

So I have an issue with this. When I go into profiles there are no files, but there are a ton of steam profiles for each update that comes out... I cannot find my saves anywhere aside from the steam profiles. Could they be in a different location?

ETS2PROFLIEERROR.PNG

ETS2PROFILEERROR2.PNG

Hey @SkyrushPA,

You will have to open ETS2 and from the profile selection menu open the profile settings of the profile in question. In there, disable 'Steam cloud sync' (or something similar) by unchecking it. The profile should then appear in the profiles folder as usual.

Regards,

Colored_Greens

TruckersMP Support

spacer.png

Pries Logistics | Discord | Website | Insta | Twitter | Facebook

33 minutes ago, Colored_Greens said:

Hey @SkyrushPA,

You will have to open ETS2 and from the profile selection menu open the profile settings of the profile in question. In there, disable 'Steam cloud sync' (or something similar) by unchecking it. The profile should then appear in the profiles folder as usual.

Regards,

Colored_Greens

TruckersMP Support

Ok now I get files in profiles but its literally the exact same as the steam files... I cannot get it to find a trailers_def file. Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, Colored_Greens said:

Hey @SkyrushPA,

You are looking for the file game.sii, in which you will find trailers_def. This is mentioned in the guide although it's a bit messy, I would recommend you read it very carefully.

Regards,

Colored_Greens
TruckersMP Support

Found it, cant read or open it... How do I get it to open on Win 10 64 bit?

Hello ? 

The mod I use to have a triple trailer that can go anywhere, both in Singleplayer and multiplayer, is the following mod: https://general18nextcloud.ddns.me/s/xGf5KQpCMTX5jS8?

I hope you can use that ? 

Just remember:

Not all companies has room for a triple trailer, the same goes for service stations. If you're using a triple trailer and driving in a country that usually cant have doubles/HCT's etc., you'll end up getting stuck when TP'ing to service, or be sent up in the air, and probably land on top of the service building.

How do I know? Well, I've done exactly that ? 

And yes, the same can happen if you hit 'I'm in a hurry, just park the trailer'. When you're done with the job overview screen, and loads back to your truck. Usually, it's not as bad as going to service, but it can happen ? 

Now I just hit quick save now and then, so that I won't have to load an extremely old save, if I were to tip over or something like that ? 

Quick save can be bound to a key in control settings ? 

Also, in case you always want to park your trailer, you won't always be able to. Unless you ancle your truck out to the side, once the trailer almost fits (Delivery box can extend beyond a fence/wall)

I hope that helps ? 

Even though there's the bugs with a triple, I still like to drive it now and then ? 

Best Regards

General18

TruckersMP - Support

General18

TruckersMP

1 hour ago, General18 said:

Hello ? 

The mod I use to have a triple trailer that can go anywhere, both in Singleplayer and multiplayer, is the following mod: https://general18nextcloud.ddns.me/s/xGf5KQpCMTX5jS8?

I hope you can use that ? 

Just remember:

Not all companies has room for a triple trailer, the same goes for service stations. If you're using a triple trailer and driving in a country that usually cant have doubles/HCT's etc., you'll end up getting stuck when TP'ing to service, or be sent up in the air, and probably land on top of the service building.

How do I know? Well, I've done exactly that ? 

And yes, the same can happen if you hit 'I'm in a hurry, just park the trailer'. When you're done with the job overview screen, and loads back to your truck. Usually, it's not as bad as going to service, but it can happen ? 

Now I just hit quick save now and then, so that I won't have to load an extremely old save, if I were to tip over or something like that ? 

Quick save can be bound to a key in control settings ? 

Also, in case you always want to park your trailer, you won't always be able to. Unless you ancle your truck out to the side, once the trailer almost fits (Delivery box can extend beyond a fence/wall)

I hope that helps ? 

Even though there's the bugs with a triple, I still like to drive it now and then ? 

Best Regards

General18

TruckersMP - Support

Where do I save this mod to for it to work? To my profile or to the game files?

On 9/3/2021 at 8:06 PM, SkyrushPA said:

Where do I save this mod to for it to work? To my profile or to the game files?

Hello ? 

Sorry for the late response.

You save the mod to the game and uses it in Singleplayer (Buys the trailer) Mod here: \Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod

After that head to TruckersMP and you can use the trailer ? 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

General18

TruckersMP

5 hours ago, General18 said:

Hello ? 

Sorry for the late response.

You save the mod to the game and uses it in Singleplayer (Buys the trailer) MOd here: \Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod

After that head to TruckersMP and you can use the trailer ? 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

Still having the same issues as before with this mod. About ready to give up on it...

1 hour ago, General18 said:

As far as I understand, you're not able to get cargo for your triple trailer even with the mod.

To be 100% sure you do it correctly, try following the below instructions (It's how I do it ? )

1. Start Euro Truck Simulator 2 from Steam (Singleplayer)

2. Ensure the mod is activated (In case you have other triple trailer mods, please disable those and only leave the one I mentioned enabled for testing)

3. Load your profile

4. Click 'Trailer Purchase'

5. Select a regular trailer, fx. Dry Freighter, Side Door

6. Click 'Customize Configuration'

7. Go to 'Chain type'

8. Select 'b_triple' or 'triple'

9. As a test, hit 'Confirm' (Confirm purchase)

10. Select 'Purchase'

11. You should now see that you can have the trailer delivered to ANY garage on the entire map ? (Garages should be lit orange, instead of grey)

12. If you're able to put the trailer anywhere, you can either buy it now or go back to customize it.

13. Once the trailer has been bought, pick it up and head to the 'Cargo market' 

14. You should now have Cargo for your triple ? 

After the above, save the game, and head back to TruckersMP servers, and test to see if you can still find cargo for your trailer. If you can't, try taking a nap at a hotel or anywhere you can sleep.

Then see if you can find cargo for you triple again ? 

That's how I do it, and for me it works every single time.

I hope it works for you too ? 

Sincerely,
General18
TruckersMP - Support

It works now! And I already had someone run me off the road and glitch the trailer ? Thank you for all the help