Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Highway,Secondary roads or unpaved roads. What do you prefer?

ManuMarSch

Hi everyone, hope you are all well,

I started this thread because I'm curious about your opinion, do you prefer driving on the highway, the big comfortable road, the back road where you always have to pay attention to your speed to avoid crashing into a tree or do you like dirt roads with no asphalt so the whole truck starts vibrating (including the steering wheel in my situation).

My opinion:

Personally I like German motorways because they are big (3 lanes and more) but on the other hand there are other motorways that are sometimes very stressful, for example in France or Austria where you have to change lanes often to go straight (because the other lane turns usually). For me, driving on motorways means being able to drive fast (within the speed limit) and without constantly swerving left, right, left again etc. (for this reason I think the German motorway is better, (of course, not always but most of the time you don't have to change lanes if you want to go straight)).

Personally I like a lot of secondary roads and unpaved roads, like for SR the road from Frankfurt to Prague and of course the road Calais Duisburg.

For UR I like the road near Pescara (Italy) and also in Promods Server the road to Kirkenes.

What about you?

Kind Regards have a nice day.

(UR=Unpaved Roads)

(SR=Secondary Roads)

Kind Regards,

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.77f04423a8e5d64e2143f512b516c58d.webpMANU.png.26272a0bf0c8963d3136ef83757676a6.png1771048576_role_Driver(1).webp.16f12f0944a0d47a76a7459e12c40855.webp

WzxmcKP.png.ee0bd167fbb090ce8be9d5178a252499.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like country roads myself most of the time as it gives a nice change of scenery compared to highways and motorways. Highways though are still nice and have their place for reasons similar to what you mentioned about being straight and also it allows you to use cruise control effectively and safely which saves money in diesel.

Probably the one that starts from Pescara and coonects the city Pescara with the town of cassino.

14 minutes ago, TNT- LOG / 011 Oliveira said:

I really like the dirt roads, there's one in Italy, if I'm not mistaken, it's a very long one, which cuts a city from one end to the other, as it's been a while since I've been there, I forgot where it is, I really like the smaller highways too.

Probably the one that starts from Pescara and coonects the city Pescara with the town of cassino.

Kind Regards,

1531540532_role_5Patron(4).webp.77f04423a8e5d64e2143f512b516c58d.webpMANU.png.26272a0bf0c8963d3136ef83757676a6.png1771048576_role_Driver(1).webp.16f12f0944a0d47a76a7459e12c40855.webp

WzxmcKP.png.ee0bd167fbb090ce8be9d5178a252499.png

It really depends on what my goal is for that day of driving. I like going down C-D Road because you need to be focused all the time, and it’s nice to have a lot of drivers around. I can also go on the motorway in France and/or Germany since those road can also have a lot of drivers. Some small parts of dirt roads can be fine. But not longer distance due to my force-feedback killing me.

If my goal for the day is to just log a whole lot of KM in a short amount of time, I can go on motorway outside France and Germany. But most of the time I’ll take the smaller road, cause big motorway with almost no drivers around isn’t really for me anymore. I have done the amount of single-driving that I would like for the next very long time.

spacer.png | spacer.png

Now you tell me how they classify the C-D road, based on the EU standards and traffic policies.

Clownish road, for me that is.

So you can see me pretty much active there as of recently. 

:LUL:

When I feel like overspeeding, there are empty highways for miles, 110 (back then it was over 160), so no worries about it.

..and those curvy roads around Scandinavia and the Alps, they ain't much challenging, but still give some variety.

:mlg_doge:

Personally, usually I have been driving most highways, it's fast. You can relax and don't really focus. But the disadvantage is that you don't see most nice roads and places.

Therefore, I decided to set my navigator on "small roads", so now I'm enjoying some secondary roads. You have to watch your speed, eat the consequences if you don't, and generally be more awake. But you get to see so much more and the driving becomes more enjoyable imho.

I don't like dirt roads or unpaved roads because of the force feedback in my wheel. It shakes so much it's loud, and during night (when I'm mostly driving) It feels like I'll wake up the whole house and the neighbours.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

• 2 weeks later...

Highways are usually boring. SR are my fav, beautiful scenery combined with slow driving hits the spot!

Kind regards,

NexusMEISTER

image.png.ec832aa6009e230c04eab3e11c4cf60c.png                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

Definitely the small roads and dirt roads for me. Highways can be boring after awhile. The small roads are more scenic and some are pretty windy and challenging which I like. Dirt roads are fun to drive on as well and you don't get the opportunity to drive on them often so when you're able to they're more fun to drive on since you're not doing it all the time.

Hmmm..
To be quite honest, I prefer highways, closely followed by secondary roads. The highway is just a simple and straight-forward concept where not much can go wrong, but you don't meet people a lot either, so that's why I have secondary roads as No. 2. You meet people more often when driving the more popular routes (no, not C-D) and I just also really like it because you don't only see asphalt but also some scenery around you. 

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

I prefer the path or non paved road, because it will stimulate my personal preference. I feel that it is always boring at the high speed, because it will always be about 110km per hour, but I can see some good scenery on the high speed

Kind regards,

Tony.Stark

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

Archived