Increase play time needed to play tmp - trial period

Welshie

Suggestion Name: Increase play time needed to play tmp - trial period

Suggestion Description:
Currently you only need 2 hours of play time to play TMP, which is great because it means players can jump in straight away and play with friends, But this also means we have a steady stream of trolls joining the community and ruining the experience for a lot of people, if we changed the required hours to say 10/12 that would atleast deter some of the trolls, i won't say all because again you could just afk your pc for this time and get in, but I believe that would deter some trolls from even bothering.

I also think that instead of changing this outright, we should make it a trial period, change the hours required for say 2 months and see if it has an effect on in-game/ forum reports for trolling, this will give us a quantifiable comparison and show us whether this change is one that will benefit the community

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?:
I think this should be added for several reasons,

1. Every day you see reports/ conversations about trolling or bad/reckless drivers, this is an issue that is raised all the time, i believe changing the required hours would be a step towards alleviating this.

2. I have discussed this within my VTC (KGT) and we all pretty much agree that this should be changed.

3. Previously you would have to do these hours in singleplayer, which could get boring and put new players off, Now we have convoy mode, so you could play the 10 hours with a couple friends and then when you are ready come into the world of TMP, I think using convoy as a stepping stone to TMP would really benefit a lot of new players, because they will have friends that can help them and guide them.

4. Finally, I'd like to point out the last time this was requested (that i could find) and the reason why it was rejected "Increasing it to such a high number will make new players not being interested anymore to play TMP. Increasing it slightly, to let's say 10 hours, wouldn't work either as you could leave your PC running at night. No changes are planned regarding this. - Smoky October 9th 2019)

I'm suggesting a lower number of 10/12, again like is said you could afk that, but I don't agree with saying "it wouldn't work" i think it would work in deterring some of the trolls as some of them simply won't care enough to AFK there pc for 10 hours and move on to another game, I think even deterring a small amount of the troll is worth it.

and then there is "Increasing it to such a high number will make new players not interested" Well like I said I'm suggesting 10/12, you could go higher, say 24 hours but i think that would deter some genuine players, but i think now with convoy mode people can play with a few of their friends, get used to the game and then come join TMP! Its simple.

I think that the reasons to reject this previously no longer apply and that this should be implemented for a trial period of 2 months to see if it has a positive effect of the community.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

• 2 years later...