I think more people should consider getting ATS at this point, the game is really starting to get better since around 2018 and 2019 and it still has around 4x less players than ETS2.

dragonslayingmaster1000

I understand many European players aren't really into the American trucks and there are more people in Europe than North America but that's not a reason to not give it a try. I'm from the US and played plenty of ETS2 and even have more hours in it than ATS, about 1020 to 475 (although I have racked up quite a lot of ATS hours recently than ETS2, mostly played that more before because of popular multiplayer unlike ATS). Of course the common thing people complain about is that ATS doesn't have as much content but now in 2021 there's a rework of the base map they're working on, notably California right now (and they have been adding new roads and reworking some cities occasionally over the years), a good amount of truck brands, nice trailers, and better quality base map since the game is newer. Sure it's a big disadvantage that ETS2 came out earlier and has had time to develop more but ATS is catching up for the most part. There are some cons like a small base map (although a lot of the base map is better quality than ETS2), there's still less truck brands and choices, and way less DLCs if you don't include map dlcs which are starting to become more even now. The only unique DLC ATS has afaik is steering creations pack.

Yes, I agree. Being a fellow American, I would love to see ATS have a larger player base. I also have more hours in ETS2 than in ATS but for sure the maps in ATS are easily more enjoyable to drive on (maybe there's a little bit of bias but I do think it is more detailed than ETS2 ?). I think something that would help would be if TruckersMP maybe organizes some event similar to a WoT event that is exclusive to ATS. I remember a few years ago there was an ATS WoT event that had something to do with a rock fall and the servers on ATS were maxed out during the whole duration of the event. I don't know if it is possible with how TMP mods the game, but I would definitely love to see a larger player base on ATS and I think some kind of event would help. Would love to see other ideas though.  

ats will more big then ets   , at the moment 3000 peoples  play  ats and 8000 ets, in week-and they are also 9000 or over  , the think is the americans  dont play truckersmp coz they dont  have  all of america, but  when  scs will have all america o lot of americans will come on the online platform im sure and also people all around ,until there  they play on mods coast to coast   with combo maps .   

Statistic of players on total , online, single player  etc, on the last week-and was 8000 members online on ats, so the game is playeble but not on mp  at the mom-nt.

American truck 

3,087-players right now

6,218-24-hour peak

19,153-all-time peak 6 years ago

American Truck Simulator · AppID: 270880 · SteamDB

Euro Truck Simulator  2

8,447---players right now

32,585---24-hour peak

61,081all-time peak 17 months ago

Euro Truck Simulator 2 · AppID: 227300 · SteamDB

myself have 1600+ hours on ETS2 and 100+ hours on ATS, it also had to do with timezone i think, once we play on our time there isn't much players active on ATS servers, as the americans play they experience the same.

While ETS2 is busy in our time we do seek the server with the most players online to be honest.

I particularly prefer American Truck Simulator over Euro Truck Simulator 2, since when I bought it it soon became my favourite, the landscapes are much more elaborate than in Euro (my opinion), the gameplay/physics is very different, plus the roar of the engine is amazing! I really like American Truck Simulator, still has a long way to be explored as: new routes, cities and others.

ETS2 is more popular than ATS. Also Most Streamers which playing simulation games are focusing in ETS2 which effect game popularity. Also there is time difference effect it. Because Most players of ATS from US we can saw that everytime US server have more player than Europe. https://stats.truckersmp.com/ 

It would be better doing more challanges or another things which makes ATS popular.

I'm from EU, like the game for a change of setting and different feel of driving US trucks (owning all the DLC, 1300+ hours), but TruckersMP could as well shut down all the servers without me noticing since I'm only playing singleplayer. EU server is literally empty all the time and I can't play on US server in peak times obviously, and no, it's not only timezone, the numbers US server peaks at, might as well be empty.

ETS2 isn't much better either, I don't remeber the numbers dropping this low in the past 6 years. I'm not fan of driving up and down a single route, so it's singleplayer time as well, enjoying combo of promods, rusmap and southern region maps at the moment.

Maybe SCS Convoy had much bigger impact than most of TMP fans would like to admit, I don't know, but the difference seems very noticable. Lower numbers isn't the only reason to put me off, the main reason is the lack of simulation aspect on TMP servers, half of the people are just racing from A to B and the other half is just trolling. I feel like Truckers MP is in a state of stagnation at the moment, the "road to simulation" project which started over two years ago, has not changed much and has not developed any further, but that's for another discussion. Obviously, TruckersMP can't satisfy everyone's preferences with just a couple of servers, but I feel like there isn't much room for true simulation driving on TMP servers.

I will be waiting for something to change my mind.

Ooh, a new truck for ATS has just arrived, nice apetizer before Wyoming comes out next week, going to check that right away.

• 2 weeks later...

ATS is better than ETS2 in my opinion. As far as i see players of ATS follow traffic rules and they accept ATS like a real world. 

Unfournately most players of ETS2 think ETS2 like a Need For Speed game and they can bother others for fun. That’s a terrible situation.  My some friends don’t want to connect the servers for it. ? 

9 hours ago, poland.ball said:

^

Only sad thing is ATS is completely dead, so i usually leave quick. Ai traffic would at least make me stay longer.

That's why I love the new SCS convoy mode, been playing ATS a ton since then. Plus I like casual driving rather than playing need for speed on TMP with tons of reckless players which on the private servers the host can choose to kick/ban people that are speeding unlike on TMP.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 5:52 PM, poland.ball said:

^

Only sad thing is ATS is completely dead, so i usually leave quick. Ai traffic would at least make me stay longer.

I would stick in singleplayer then xD

On 9/11/2021 at 8:20 PM, LIGHT0FGOD said:

ATS is better than ETS2 in my opinion. As far as i see players of ATS follow traffic rules and they accept ATS like a real world. 

Unfournately most players of ETS2 think ETS2 like a Need For Speed game and they can bother others for fun. That’s a terrible situation.  My some friends don’t want to connect the servers for it. ? 

I hope you and your friends know the map is bigger than only the populated areas. There are plenty of normal drivers on the empty areas such as map DLCs.

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Driver

YouTube / Instagram / Twitter

• 2 weeks later...
  • dragonslayingmaster1000 changed the title to I think more people should consider getting ATS at this point, the game is really starting to get better since around 2018 and 2019 and it still has around 4x less players than ETS2.

I prefer European truck simulation because there are more people, and there are fewer players in American truck simulation, but there are also advantages, so no one can spam rec:mlg_doge:

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived