Which brake type do you use mostly?

[Türk Logistics] Mahammad

Which brake type do you use mostly?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which brake type do you use mostly?

• Regular Brake (Pressing S)
    • Exhaust Brake or Engine Brake (Pressing B)
    • Retarder (You are appointing keys for this)
    • Hand Brake (Pressing Space)

Hello there! ? @[Türk Logistics] Mahammad

Firstly, I would like to thank you for creating tnis topic for TMP Community, I really do appreciate you are next person, who is making this community active!  ❤️

Now, lets go to answer your questions: 

• Regular brake: (Pressing my brake pedal) 
  • Exhaust brake or engine brake ( I dont use) 
  • Retarder (I use a button on my wheel G29)
  • Hand Brake (button on my wheel) 

Thank you! 

I am looking forward for new topics created by you. 

Regards,

RedWolf_TMP 

TruckersMP Forum Contributor // Veteran Driver II 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,033 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

I usually use normal brake instead of retarder or engine brake; however, I do have mine set to a low intensity that way I have fine control over how much I want to slow down that way I don't tap on my brakes and my truck flies to screeching halt ?. I also have it set to my brake pedal I use a wheel for even finer control. 

1 hour ago, Fuaad said:

I use 3 of them. I usually use 'Retarder' while doing convoys. But it's not always possible cause you can't use Retarder while using Cruise Control. So when I use Cruise Control, I do use normal and Engine brake cause the engine brake sound is good to hear for me.

I can use retarder when using cruise, but can't use engine brake. Interesting ?

5 hours ago, _sneaht_0810 said:

I usually use the "retarder" in combination with the "regular brake". ?

Tbh Im i agree with Sneath. 

2 hours ago, Fuaad said:

As far as I know, Retarder not works while using Cruise Control, if you can use them both at the same time, then congrats your truck is special :kappa:

2 hours ago, dajokr said:

I can use retarder when using cruise, but can't use engine brake. Interesting ?

Both retarder and engine brake works with cruise control if "automatic retarder" or "automatic engine brake" option is enabled, both will brake automatically when cruise cotrol is engaged.

If both options are enabled, retarder will be used preferentially when installed, if it's not, engine brake will be used instead, never both.

Manually engaging retarder (retarder increase / retarder decrease) and / or engine brake (engine brake / engine brake toggle / engine brake increase / engine brake decrease) will disable cruise control.

7 hours ago, [BEARS] Respect said:

trailer brake ,
the brake pedal if without a trailer

Not a smart thing to do.

Firstly, trailers have air brakes just like trucks, when you push down the brake pedal you are operating both truck and trailer air brakes together.

Secondly, it is not for driving on the road, trailer brake operated from the cab is on/off switch which blocks the trailer wheels like a parking brake, trailers still do have a parking brake operated manually, usually by a button at the back of the trailer. Both of these are used when coupling/decoupling trailer, performing tug test and, in american trucks, to slide the trailer tandem.

10 hours ago, Granite said:

Not a smart thing to do.

Firstly, trailers have air brakes just like trucks, when you push down the brake pedal you are operating both truck and trailer air brakes together.

Secondly, it is not for driving on the road, trailer brake operated from the cab is on/off switch which blocks the trailer wheels like a parking brake, trailers still do have a parking brake operated manually, usually by a button at the back of the trailer. Both of these are used when coupling/decoupling trailer, performing tug test and, in american trucks, to slide the trailer tandem.

As is. It is the 'playful' use of this option that helps keep you in the lane with zero stabilisation.

I mostly use the regular brake, but I use sometimes hand brakes in emergency situations 

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Driver

YouTube / Instagram / Twitter

I'm going to be honest. Normally I am lazy when driving and don't plan my driving. So I end up using the normal brake / foot brake. If I have a heavy load or need to stop quickly, I use my foot brake in combination with my trailer brake. However, sometimes I use the retarder.

If I aimed to drive realistically, I would use the retarder + / engine brake.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

To be honest, I try to use the retarder most of the time, but of course it can't be used every time, so it's a 50/50 mix of both the regular brake and the retarder :). 

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on the place but i guess the handbrake. ?

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

Archived