What happens behind the scenes when I make in-game report?

CodeSculptor

Hi,

I'm asking about this, because so far my in-game reports were not picked up and were timing out. I don't use them frequently - I rather upload a recording and make report through website. I try to use in-game report when I see that there is a griefer causing series of dangerous situations and/or accidents.

What I would assume about in-game reports is that they immediately inform staff about place, time, reporter and perpetrator. What I don't know is if staff can follow perpetrator's vehicle immediately or staff panel (as seen in some stationary usage here) doesn't support such action and it is unlikely for staff to pick up reports on the fly...

Could you please help me and other players better understand how in-game reports work and what is their benefit over website equivalents?

Regards,

Peter.

Hello Peter / CodeSculptor!

And welcome to the TMP Forums ?

I am not a Game moderator, so I am just writing based on my personal knowledge and what I have seen from watching twitch livestreams by game moderators.

Basically, when you submit a report in game, it is collected into a sort of database which for example game moderators can access through their Admin view. And in the admin view they can be claimed and reviewed. When you submit a game report, a demo will be saved. In that demo, they (the admins) can see from all sorts of perspectives, yours, the offenders etc. And they can follow whatever vehicle they want in that demo.

To gain some more information and knowledge of the process of a game report, I recommend you to watch YouTube videos like the one you found. Or see live streams by game moderators. There is actually a news thread in this forum where a bunch of game moderator streams are listed. So I can recommend you go and browse there. It can be found here:

From my own experience, I know it is very rare to get your report handled in game. As there is a bunch of reports, and simply not enough game moderators to check them. I think I have had one or 2 reports handled out of 20. And same goes with my friends. So I personally recommend reporting them through the Website. As you can be certain, it will be reviewed. 

Hopefully this helps you a bit on the way to figuring out behind the scenes of an in game report. If you have more questions, just let me know. And I'm sure someone can explain this better than I did. Probably a game moderator can give you more insight too.

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

Discord: PallePuh#0001
bild.png.3ad6b22aa78f2119832bf7da59c9047d.png

What happens behind the scenes you wonder?

I would recommend you to check some admeeen's streams and screenshares, there you will see how the system works in-real time.

With such a long queue of in-game reports , and let's mention they all use the first-in-first-out method of processing stuff, you shouldn't be wondering if your reports timeout on some or many occurrences.

In addition, please make sure to record your gameplay if possible, to ensure that you will always have valid evidence for each situation.

G'day, wonderful rest of your week! ?️

From what I have seen from admins' stream, those reports basically go into a list and admins deal with those reports base on FIFO. But .... there are just too much in-game reports so that some of them might not be handled in time.

Regards, 

djmtrlltc

TruckersMP Support + Translator & DBus Translator

On 8/30/2021 at 5:39 PM, CodeSculptor said:

Thanks for your responses, especially to you @PallePuh. Your description gives me complete understanding that I need as a player.

Only one variable is missing. As long as there will be no precise response, I guess from video below that time window of the demo may be quite long: probably 2 minutes.

Cheers!

No worries!

What variable is missing for you? Let me know, and I'll see if I can explain it better! Do you mean the length of the demo?

Global Cargo - LogotypeHuman Resources & Admissions staff + Driver for Global Cargo

7 hours ago, seth_haveron said:

in 99,9999% of all cases a ingame report just time out and nothing happen ... 

in all the time im here there had been only one single time that something actualy happen. 

Dude, each and single in-game report has a limited time until it expires, that's why you see it timing out.

Would you expect admins to be online and in-game 24/7 anyway? They've got personal lives and hobbies to care for, just like you.

Simply, there are many ways to record your gameplay, and then report by the website.

In-game report system has never been very effective, and I'm telling you that from my own experiences. 

On 9/1/2021 at 1:55 AM, PallePuh said:

Do you mean the length of the demo?

Exactly. From the video I have linked above it seems to be at least 2 minutes, so it will be good enough for most cases, including those where I'm still on the move and have to take my time to slow down / stop in a safe manner before interacting with players list.

11 hours ago, [GökBörü] Xris l BG said:

Dude, each and single in-game report has a limited time until it expires, that's why you see it timing out.

Would you expect admins to be online and in-game 24/7 anyway? They've got personal lives and hobbies to care for, just like you.

Simply, there are many ways to record your gameplay, and then report by the website.

In-game report system has never been very effective, and I'm telling you that from my own experiences. 

removing the timer would help ...  otherwise its pointless for 20 ppl to flag a troll and this troll gets away with a timeout ..

and by the way someone have to police Darwen and co´s attempts to stir the crap up with their missleading Videos and episodes ...   

they are responsible for this bad situation.  they forced this Trollflood upon us nobody asked for.   

16 minutes ago, seth_haveron said:

removing the timer would help ...  otherwise its pointless for 20 ppl to flag a troll and this troll gets away with a timeout ..

and by the way someone have to police Darwen and co´s attempts to stir the crap up with their missleading Videos and episodes ...   

they are responsible for this bad situation.  they forced this Trollflood upon us nobody asked for.   

Alright, how would you imagine saving up each and single report on a database, that's a lot of resource.

So admins gotta be dealing with both in-game saves and website reports, that's a too much effort as for an unpaid hobby, and they're all volunteers, don't forget about that.

One way to meet reality and @seth_haveron's expectations would be to optimize reporting system by aggregating reports related to same perpetrator and situation. It would optimize database usage, but more importantly, it would expose accidents that may require immediate reaction (last time I made a report, it was series of accidents caused purposefully by same person and quick reaction from staff would likely prevent further accidents from happening). I don't think I make a discovery here though - it may be in developers roadmap to make such improvement, but implementing the idea in already existing system is likely a large task.

On 9/4/2021 at 10:27 AM, CodeSculptor said:

Exactly. From the video I have linked above it seems to be at least 2 minutes, so it will be good enough for most cases, including those where I'm still on the move and have to take my time to slow down / stop in a safe manner before interacting with players list.

That is sadly one of the few things I don't know and therefore can't answer. But looking at that clip and other streams, I would say 2 minutes is a fair guess.

If I took a guess, it would be one minute before the report and one minute after. But I can not confirm this.  But it should give you enough time to safely pull over and report the user.

It's very good that you thought of pulling over before reporting, especially if you know you can't control the vehicle. That way, you don't accidentally crash into someone and get banned. ?

• 2 weeks later...

Heya,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived