Is calais good?

Dales

Hi there,

With all respect, I wish to remind you that you chose to drive here. You cannot drive to Calais without expecting slow traffic and traffic jams. If you are unhappy with what you see in Calais, there are hundreds of other cities you can visit. However, it really does not make sense to deliberately drive near Calais then be unhappy with the mess you see.

Kindest Regards,

Cowie

TruckersMP Game Moderation Management

No problems with calais, just the nut jobs that ignore traffic rules and opt for the "me first" method. Also, there are ways in and out of calais that avoid 99% of the wait times if your really in a rush.

How busy calais is, is part of the draw to it. As cowie said though, feel free to visit any of the hundreds of other cities instead.

2 hours ago, Cowie said:

Hi there,

With all respect, I wish to remind you that you chose to drive here. You cannot drive to Calais without expecting slow traffic and traffic jams. If you are unhappy with what you see in Calais, there are hundreds of other cities you can visit. However, it really does not make sense to deliberately drive near Calais then be unhappy with the mess you see.

Kindest Regards,

Cowie

TruckersMP Game Moderation Management

If you seriously assume that slow moving traffic and traffic jams are his major concerns, you either watched another video or you simply ignore the elephant in the room.

How else could you not mention all the reckless behaving users, that ignore red lights, overtake on the wrong side, ram their way through the traffic and block others?

And "the mess he sees" is the result of the resignated  game moderation team.

With all due respect.

1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

If you seriously assume that slow moving traffic and traffic jams are his major concerns, you either watched another video or you simply ignore the elephant in the room.

How else could you not mention all the reckless behaving users, that ignore red lights, overtake on the wrong side, ram their way through the traffic and block others?

And "the mess he sees" is the result of the resignated  game moderation team.

With all due respect.

What I mentioned previously still applies to what you have just said. If you don't want to see people driving recklessly, why drive in Calais? It makes no sense.

The more players nearby, the more likely you will find a troll or a reckless driver. We have a team of more than 100 people that moderate the servers both in-game and through website reports. We are always issuing bans against players that do not respect our rules, so you cannot expect our team to catch every single violation.

Again, if you don't like the mess, drive somewhere else. The map is huge and Calais is a tiny percentage of it.

Kindest regards,  

Cowie  

TruckersMP Game Moderation Manager

13 hours ago, Cowie said:

What I mentioned previously still applies to what you have just said. If you don't want to see people driving recklessly, why drive in Calais? It makes no sense.

The more players nearby, the more likely you will find a troll or a reckless driver. We have a team of more than 100 people that moderate the servers both in-game and through website reports. We are always issuing bans against players that do not respect our rules, so you cannot expect our team to catch every single violation.

Again, if you don't like the mess, drive somewhere else. The map is huge and Calais is a tiny percentage of it.

Kindest regards,  

Cowie  

TruckersMP Game Moderation Manager

I hope you weren't offended by my previous post. It wasn't my intention after all.

I know from experience that the report and game moderation team works as best as they can, and for that I'd like to thank all of you.

Calais is good, the problem is: The traffic lights switching red to green and vicerversa in like 10 seconds, which doesnt give the time enough to the player to cross that intersection, thats why there is always traffic and chaos, big part are also player without any patience, always reckless overtaking or going from right lane to skip traffic to left lane, Calais is not that bad, but if we can play togheter without beeing so aggressive there would be less chaos, traffic and accidents

• 2 weeks later...

Calais is just a city in the game. I've driven there and it's as enjoyable as any other, the way to the port and the ferry is quite awesome. Of course... I mean in single player. In MP, I wouldn't go there, there are so many other fine places to drive without finding a hundred of "Idiots on the road"... Even when my job makes me "switch" between the UK and the continent, I'll try to avoid that area, there are alternate ferry crossings so I'll use those.

Clalais is now a big city in the TruckersMP community. Players already prefer these roads because they want the feeling of driving in traffic. So 2-3 thousand people want to see the crowd on the connected server.

I don't quite understand the situation you're complaining about here,I'd like to point out more than one rule violation by players if that's your problem:

https://truckersmp.com/reports  will help you.

Hlozék

Good Morning TMP

Calais is normally the best at night when nearly everyone has gone to bed as it's quiet but during the day it's always crazy with idiotic drivers but at the same time it's quite funny seeing people flip and taking bends at crazy speeds but in my opinion I try my best to avoid the area unless I actually want to go down the C-D road or go through Calais but at the end of the day it's your choice if you want to head down to Calais and also drive down the C-D road but it is your responsibility to keep yourself out of a difficult situation where loads of people get banned everyday all because of the crazy things they do. 

If you don't like congestion or can't stand those idiot drivers, please drive in other cities

Kind regards,

Tony.Stark,

卡车司机-标志-sm.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived