Why does it say speeding is punishable but when I create a report, I´m told "traveling at excessive speed" is not punished?

VIP der Psychiatrie

Question

§2.5 - Reckless Driving*

Driving in such a way that is considered unsafe and that puts other players in danger. This includes but is not limited to: driving backwards, ignoring traffic lights or road signage, speeding, racing others....

That´s what the first line of the rules say. 

"There is no clear rule violations here, and no punishment can be issued because of that. It may not be ideal when users travel over the speed limit, but unless their driving puts people in a position of danger, then we do not punish for excessive speed.There is no clear rule violations here, and no punishment can be issued because of that. It may not be ideal when users travel over the speed limit, but unless their driving puts people in a position of danger, then we do not punish for excessive speed."

This is what a GM Tells me.
Isn´t travelling over the speed limit literally what speeding is?
The guy I reported clearly was all over the road and way past the speed limit of 80. 

Greets.

9 answers to this question

Hi @Bierosaurus Ex,

The rule is talking about putting other users in danger, specifically talking about behaviour that can cause a dangerous situation etc. Just speeding alone, isn’t punishable as the server is limited to 110km/h.

However, as stated in rule 2:

> Speeding can lead to accidents and can factor in a punishment decision. 

If a user caused a accident, their speed can be a factor in the punishment issued as stated above.

I hope this helps you with your question. Please let us know if this does.

Kind regards,

JamesS014

TruckersMP Game Moderator

• Awesome! 1

"Driving in such a way that is CONSIDERED unsafe and that puts other players in danger"  its right there.The mod simply judged that whatever the player you reported was doing wasnt dangerous to you or others.The player you reported was probably playing with a keyboard(and maybe a laggy computer) which makes very hard to keep the truck in a straight line specially in higher speeds.Yes the limit on the road was 80 but that doesnt mean that he is a danger to society,IF he caused a crash than it makes sense to report him for reckless driving.I got multiple players reported and punished by reckless driving but none of them was reported by what you described.

In context terms what speeding is is considered a type of action in which you could be punished for depending on the outcome of what happens so let's say for example that you're traveling down the road minding your own business and nobody's around you and you're traveling full speed you don't have to worry about everything but let's say that you may be speeding past somebody and they have in the move over because they have to avoid something or you make a mistake and hit them while traveling at an excessive rate of speed that would be considered reckless driving because you are driving in a manner which presents dangerous to those who are around you so it's a fine line and it really depends where you're at like I said if you're by yourself it would be fine but if other people around you should be a band the speed limit and being observant of those who are around you

Hello,   

Speeding, while allowed, is not recommended.

Speeding can lead to accidents and can factor in a punishment decision.

Driving faster than the speed limit will not lead to a ban, however, it can be a factor in punishment decision if an accident happens.

Hello,

I am glad to hear that you got an answer to your question.

Do not hesitate to contact us again by creating a topic or a support ticket.

Kind Regards,

JJay

TruckersMP Support

// Locked & Moved to Solved

Nie ma magicznych skrótów do rozwiązania Twoich problemów.

Ban appeal | Complaints / Feedback | TruckersMP Rules | Join the Team |