Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Laggier and laggier

Gay Renault Enjoyer

Hey guys

With the relatively new lighting change and the addition of some DLC's i bought over the course of the years, it has become really tough trying to play multiplayer. Almost every time a truck comes into view or spawns, my game stutters for a brief second or sometimes even more in crowded areas, making it impossible for me and other drivers to play. I can only imagine how terrified the people behind me are.

Do you have any advice on what i could do to improve this situation other than literaly lowering every graphic setting i have and playing as if im back in 2006?

Thank you, happy trucking!

EDIT: i have a pretty decent PC, feel free to ask if u need more info about it or the dlcs i own that could cause lag

The only advice I would think of is not going to Calais, C-D Road and Duisburg anymore, I don't know if you tried that already

Kind regards,

Loexie   

Bruijn Logistics | Senior Human Resources

8 minutes ago, .Lucas said:

The only advice I would think of is not going to Calais, C-D Road and Duisburg anymore, I don't know if you tried that already

that would render the entire multiplayer experience to basicaly an empty world, there are a few crowded cities, sure, but most of the map is barren, not to mention the DLC zones. i went from turkey-bulgaria-romania-hungary and saw a total of 4 people.

I was able to drive on c-d road without any issues pre-lighting update, i guess i'll have to do without the fun part from now on though ? 

14 hours ago, P h o e n i x said:

I've noticed a lot of lag recently from players who have beacons, you could try disabling/partially disabling the beacons in the console with g_disable_beacons 1/2 in the console

That helps out with my FPS, thanks!❤

9 hours ago, sam4soumen said:

I'm not sure but may be lowering the graphics scale may reduce the lag however visually wouldn't advice it either. 

I've already lowered pretty much everything to a medium setting, if not even lower ( like shadows for example)

3 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

It would also be helpful to show your pc specs, also in Truckersmp settings there are some settings that you can play, do you also use mods ? such as summer mod from grimes ?

I will post my pc specs later today when i get home. I do not use any mods while playing multiplayer, no.

I already disabled most unnecessary cosmetic stuff from the tab menu in game (like cabin accesories, flags and what not).

However, the "game stutter when other people's trucks spawn" problem still remains.

I was thinking maybe there are still too many things that need to load in.

I'm not sure if this is a TMP feature or a thing from Cabin accesories DLC, but ive noticed some people have their truck badge lit up (bot inside the cabin and in front of their truck), colored headlights (a light blueish color). Is  there a way to disable that? Maybe just disabling the DLC? unless its a TMP feature, which i wouldnt know, i dont ever read the patch notes?

sorry for the long post

6 hours ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

It would also be helpful to show your pc specs

GPU: Radeon RX550/550 Series

CPU:  AMD A8-7650K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 3.8 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

Win 10 

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.  A68HM-PLUS

Here's a list of my store bought DLCs:

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Scandinavia

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Beyond the Baltic Sea

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Italia

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Viva la France!

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Cabin Accessories

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Heavy Cargo Pack

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - High Power Cargo Pack

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Road to the Black Sea

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Special Transport

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Goodyear tyres pack

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Metallic Paint jobs

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Wheel tuning pack

And here are my graphic settings:

https://ibb.co/HDCn0tz

As you can see, everything is medium - low and scaling is already down to 100% ?

Let me know if there's anything i can change to get rid of the stutter please, and thank you all for trying to help 

28 minutes ago, dajokr said:

Mirror distance to medium. That ones bad for lag i found. Possibly your ISP or modem/router? Try restarting them if you havent already.

again, my problem is a stutter caused by other trucks loading in/coming into view

i do not have fps issues or high MS

lowering any more graphic settings will simply increase my fps but not get rid of the actual issue

9 hours ago, ElenaNaomi said:

GPU: Radeon RX550/550 Series

CPU:  AMD A8-7650K Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G, 3.8 GHz

RAM: 8 GB

Win 10 

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.  A68HM-PLUS

It looks like the CPU you have is an APU meaning it has its own low power graphics chip on it often called integrated graphics. Have you checked to make sure that ETS2 is running on your dedicated graphics card (your Radeon RX550) and not on integrated graphics? This should help both in frames and in stutters and could possibly help you reach better graphics settings. You check by following the instructions found here: https://www.outletapex.com/how-to-force-a-game-to-use-graphics-card/

Hello there! @ElenaNaomi

My name is Petr, and I am member of TruckersMP Community. My hobby is asnwering/helping to others with their issues/questions as soon as I am able to. I will do best for you to asnwer your question 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, I wanna ask if you did some graphics update, because it could be cause by that, if the driver is bad set. Or it can be some betaversion of the graphics driver.

I must say, its interesting, but i will try to help you as I can ?. As second I would ask you what areas of the map are you traveling when it drops? 

For me, I would recommend you maybe turn off "Load cabin accessories" and also "Load Flags ^. Maybe it wont help too much but helpful, but maybe yes. 

Also, try to check this settings: 

In - game 

- Enable Vsync  - is always better to having a Stable FPS Rate around 60 than often a Jumping between 180 till 45 or lower.

- Set Scale to 200% could be less 125% and more less - depends on your HW components

- Disable MLAA

- Disable DOF

- Set all following Quality Settings to hight, it do not have everything on max quallity - it depends on your components in your PC

- Disable Anisotropic Filtering by moving the Slider to the left Side.

TruckersMP Launcher -  try unclick some of them as Cabin Accesories in another trucks, Flags, and draw distance reduce to min. 

- Development Logging  

- Smoothing Distance

- Load Cabin Accessoires

- Load Flags

- Aditional Lights

- Draw Distance 

aeF6ehV.png

22v1Cqb.png

Also please remember, that FPS will drop dramaticlly if you are close or passing a really busy area, once you have crossed the area you will be fine,

As last step you can try to re-install your graphics drivers ?  + TruckersMP Launcher (clear instalation or with using F1 in launcher)

Its all, I can help you with ? Hope, some of these solutions will help!

Have a nice day! 

Good luck! 

Kind Regards,

RedWolf_TMP 

TruckersMP Forum Contributor / Veteran Driver II 

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,165hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hi everyone, thanks once again for replying and trying to help. I'm finaly home, so I can go through your suggestions. I'm sorry but i don't know how to post images directly here, so i'll just drop a few links.

Ok, so, first things first

14 hours ago, Farm Shark said:

It looks like the CPU you have is an APU meaning it has its own low power graphics chip on it often called integrated graphics. Have you checked to make sure that ETS2 is running on your dedicated graphics card (your Radeon RX550) and not on integrated graphics? This should help both in frames and in stutters and could possibly help you reach better graphics settings. You check by following the instructions found here: https://www.outletapex.com/how-to-force-a-game-to-use-graphics-card/

I personaly make sure to do this before I play any game, double checked right now and ETS2 is set to run on the dedicated card.

7 hours ago, RedWolf_TMP said:

Firstly, I wanna ask if you did some graphics update, because it could be cause by that, if the driver is bad set. Or it can be some betaversion of the graphics driver.

My PC is custom made, bought roughly 3 years ago, no graphic changes have occured ever since and i have been playing ETS2 regularly since then without major issues like this one.

In - game 

- Enable Vsync  - is always better to having a Stable FPS Rate around 60 than often a Jumping between 180 till 45 or lower.

- Set Scale to 200% could be less 125% and more less - depends on your HW components

- Disable MLAA

- Disable DOF

- Set all following Quality Settings to hight, it do not have everything on max quallity - it depends on your components in your PC

- Disable Anisotropic Filtering by moving the Slider to the left Side.

Enabling Vsync made the stutters even worse

Scale is already down to 100%

I don't know what MLAA is, sorry

I will leave my graphic settings here again: https://imgbb.com/HDCn0tz

Will disable DOF and come back to you with an edit to see if it made any difference.

TruckersMP Launcher -  try unclick some of them as Cabin Accesories in another trucks, Flags, and draw distance reduce to min. 

- Development Logging  

- Smoothing Distance

- Load Cabin Accessoires

- Load Flags

- Aditional Lights

- Draw Distance 

https://ibb.co/xHzxCNS

https://ibb.co/DfbxT67

As second I would ask you what areas of the map are you traveling when it drops? 

No particular area, the stutters happen whenever 5-6 or more trucks load in at once.

My guess is there's no real solution to this other than upgrading my PC. ETS2 may be an old game but it has received quite some modern updates.

Thanks for reading.?

EDIT: Disabling DOF made no difference to the stuttering.

On 8/23/2021 at 5:59 PM, ElenaNaomi said:

My guess is there's no real solution to this other than upgrading my PC. ETS2 may be an old game but it has received quite some modern updates.

Did it start happening after the 1.40 update?

Because it doesn't really make sense I used to play TMP on a very old PC and I didn't have issues with frame drops except the low frame rate which is normal with an old PC but other than that it was all good, never had issues with stutter and fps drops. So it's either because of the new lighting system which I honestly doubt or something that is rather able to be fixed, because as I mentioned I used to run TMP on a PC that is worse than yours and never had stutters or fps drops.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya :),

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,
TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived