Some issue

Defit77

Question

Hi i am New to Truckermp , i have encounter a few issue maybe someone can help me.

1. mic  not working in truckermp but works in test page and regular ATS convoy games 

2. Canada promod v1.02 working in regular game but mods don't work in truckermp version of the game 

Any help would be appreciated

12 answers to this question

Hey @Defit77!

1. Your issue with the cb mic might be similar to this:

In short, see if the cb mic is enabled in-game. The cb radio box should be located above the windshield in the cab. If it's on you should be able see green numbers displaying what channel your on. If they aren't on, it means it's off. To turn it on, there are three dials underneath. One small one should say on/off. Press tab then right click to display your mouse and click on that dial. The green numbers should then turn on. Also, if your testing your mic by trying to talk with a friend, make sure that your both on the same channel. You can change the channel number by clicking on the big dial next to the smaller dials. 

2. Please take a look at this knowledge base article to make sure that you have installed it correctly. Something may have gone wrong in the installation that would make TruckersMP not recognize it. https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/1122

Hope this helps!

Farm Shark 

Hello there!  

Has your problem/question been resolved with the answer given above?  

The confirmation of the status of your problem/question helps us always keep our forum organized!  

I await your response.  

Kind Regards,  

Caramba2412 

TruckersMP Support 

Greetings,
Caramba2412   

TruckersMP Support Team Leader                                                                                                                                  

5 hours ago, Defit77 said:

2. Canada promod v1.02 working in regular game but mods don't work in truckermp version of the game 

Unlike ProMods on Euro Truck Simulator 2, with ProMods Canada on American Truck Simulator, you're able to play on any of the servers. 

I'd recommend you checkout this Knowledge Base article on how to install ProMods Canada for TruckersMP:

https://truckersmp.com/kb/1122

Please ensure you have downloaded all the required files, you have not edited the names of the files and they're installed in the correct location. 

If you continue to have issues, I'd recommend you share a screenshot of your mods folder, so we can see if everything is set up correctly.

Dylan

Steam | TruckersMPTwitter |

Discord: .Dylan#0001

10 hours ago, Farm Shark said:

Hey @Defit77!

1. Your issue with the cb mic might be similar to this:

In short, see if the cb mic is enabled in-game. The cb radio box should be located above the windshield in the cab. If it's on you should be able see green numbers displaying what channel your on. If they aren't on, it means it's off. To turn it on, there are three dials underneath. One small one should say on/off. Press tab then right click to display your mouse and click on that dial. The green numbers should then turn on. Also, if your testing your mic by trying to talk with a friend, make sure that your both on the same channel. You can change the channel number by clicking on the big dial next to the smaller dials. 

2. Please take a look at this knowledge base article to make sure that you have installed it correctly. Something may have gone wrong in the installation that would make TruckersMP not recognize it. https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/1122

Hope this helps!

Farm Shark 

Hi thx, i am currently check the promod making sure everything is in order .

The cb still not working it on you can clearly see the cb is on now i can ear other talking but when i press my x that Is assign to push to talk now i search quickly for cb mic option did not see it anywhere .

2 hours ago, Defit77 said:

Hi thx, i am currently check the promod making sure everything is in order .

The cb still not working it on you can clearly see the cb is on now i can ear other talking but when i press my x that Is assign to push to talk now i search quickly for cb mic option did not see it anywhere .

Can you make sure that under settings that the correct mic is selected? The correct setting can be found by pressing tab which will bring up the player list. Then press the ⚙ icon which will bring up the settings menu. In there, there should be an option to select your microphone. This is different then the ATS convoy mode settings as TruckersMP has its own settings page. 

Also, please let us know if you were able to get Promods working or if there are any more issues. 

12 hours ago, Farm Shark said:

Can you make sure that under settings that the correct mic is selected? The correct setting can be found by pressing tab which will bring up the player list. Then press the ⚙ icon which will bring up the settings menu. In there, there should be an option to select your microphone. This is different then the ATS convoy mode settings as TruckersMP has its own settings page. 

Also, please let us know if you were able to get Promods working or if there are any more issues. 

Hi i did go to setting and tested mic and it works i don't see any setting to choose a hot key in those settings.

For promod  it works on the regular game but in truckermp it showing not compatible the file are has show below.1387771719_promodfolder.PNG.37022d662867ed19e00ff3717494652a.PNG 

Hi i did go to setting and tested mic and it works i don't see any setting to choose a hot key in those settings.

For promod  it works on the regular game but in truckermp it showing not compatible the file are has show below.1387771719_promodfolder.PNG.37022d662867ed19e00ff3717494652a.PNG 

Interesting... for Promods everything should be working then at least in my experience. Have you tried re-installing TruckersMP? It's possible a file in the mod may have been corrupted in one of the updates. A re-install should fix this. You can follow this guide to delete the mod and install it again https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/147 . This may also fix your cb mic issue as well. Rest assured that this only affects the mod and none of the actual game files or savegames will be affected by a re-install. Please let us know if this works. 

15 hours ago, Farm Shark said:

Interesting... for Promods everything should be working then at least in my experience. Have you tried re-installing TruckersMP? It's possible a file in the mod may have been corrupted in one of the updates. A re-install should fix this. You can follow this guide to delete the mod and install it again https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/147 . This may also fix your cb mic issue as well. Rest assured that this only affects the mod and none of the actual game files or savegames will be affected by a re-install. Please let us know if this works. 

I tried to reinstall and still the same for both issue, btw the mic test work has it pick up the sounds just the hot key not working

I tried to reinstall and still the same for both issue, btw the mic test work has it pick up the sounds just the hot key not working

Got it, well unfortunately I'm not quite sure what the issue may be then. My last suggestion would be to contact TruckersMP support via a help ticket. They will be able to help you better. You can link this forum topic in the ticket if you want to give them some context on what you've tried already. To contact them you can follow this link: https://truckersmp.com/support After following the link, click the red button that says create a ticket and detail your issue. Hopefully they will be able to help you better and you can get back to playing with Promods and voice chat!

• Like 1

Above you  were mentioning make sure the cb is turn on, it is turn on but i watch the video from this site how to change the channel and turn on etc... and clicking on the radio does not seem to work either for me on both my laptop and desktop so really not sure where all these issue are but i would really appreciate any help with this has a retired truck driver of 25 years i really enjoy this game specially with truck shifter and button box.

Also i contacted support but they said this "I'd wait until your topic will be moved to Solved or Unresolved. Then I'd recommend to create a ticket."

Please move topic to unsolve so my ticket will be look at thank you