DLC CANADÁ

CHRISTINA

I definitely think its possible for SCS to do Canada, but I suppose there's no way for us to truly know when it will come out.

I remember at some point SCS mentioned that once they've made all of the US states (still curious about how they're going to handle the much smaller and compact eastern states) that they wanted to not only do Canada, but possibly even Mexico.

But that was a long term goal, and I don't think it's very likely for them to be working on it now, or at least, not with any intent for it to be released any time soon.

24H4oa0.jpg

I don't think they will do Canada at least not in this version of the game. I think that they will finish out the US states as much as possible before needing to make a new game. Honestly with how much time they put into each DLC to make it as detailed as possible (which, don't get me wrong, I love that they do that) I don't think Canada will be coming anytime soon. Sooner or later they will for sure need to have a successor to ATS and while I don't think thats coming soon, I think that once they finish or nearly finish all of the US states, it would be the perfect time to release a successor to ATS. But hey, thats what Promods is for. They have very good map makers on their team and if Promods in ETS2 is anything to go by Promods Canada will definitely be very nice.

I think that the development of ATS into a game that takes place across multiple countries is unlikely to happen in the close future, since Canada and Mexico are large countries that require sophisticated amounts of planning to be able to fully integrate with the American road network. Furthermore, given that it's already taken five years to build 10 states, and have just started development on their 11th state, Texas, it's most likely going to be several years, if not decades, before SCS are at a point where they are even able to think about taking ATS across America's international borders. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 5:38 AM, CHRISTINA said:

Do you think it's possible for SCS to do DLC Canada?
If yes, long term or short term?  

I'm optimistic this is gonna happen sooner or later.

With its ten provinces, three territories and with 9.98 million square kilometres, Canada is the world's second-largest country by total area.

Furthermore, it has a over 1 million kilometres of roads.

For us truck drivers this means lots of landscapes to discover and lots of roads to drive on.

And for SCS this means lots of DLC to release and lots of money to make.

(Sources: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada)

• 2 weeks later...

Heya,

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

• Nody locked this topic

Archived