Hot Topic #39: TruckersMP & SCS Convoy Mode

Owen.

Thanks for creating this topic.

In my opinion, people who want to drive with their friends group may choose the SCS convoy mod. But  people who want to drive with lots of people may choose the tmp.

In my opinion Tmp is better than the SCS convoy mod ?

Hope both of them will get better with future updates.

Best regards;
TR_Batuhan

image.webp.134b839704253ffdd3ae06920703a2be.webp

Event & Human Resources Departments

Tmp PageDiscord

spacer.png

Truckers MP / Forum

Languages 🇹🇷 | 🇬🇧 | 🇩🇪

TMP has been working with trolls for many years, and without AI (sometimes it makes you sleepy), but it was innovative. The first MP from the ETS and ATS games.
SCS convoy only with friends and we have the AI for a more realistic simulation feel.
Both are good, it's up to each player to decide what's best for him when he's playing.

Good luck and good game everyone regardless of TMP, SCS or SP !!!

11 hours ago, ban yedik la said:

As my opinion, scs software was too late for it, people just go to truckersmp for playing with humans, sp was just about being lone because you play with AI there. TruckersMP had an advantage from SCS for this reason. And i think I can tell my opinions now, because before i tried it but always it ended in a unfair punishment,mute. I hope ı will not got muted again. I support SCSMP because:

1- You can play with your friends, its "actually" impossible in TruckersMP. If you play with more than 5 friends, you will be classed as convoy and can't drive at CD road, which is actually the main source of entertainment for TMP, the Duisburg, Kirkenes quarry road. I think SCSMP will have big servers like truckersmp soon, or later, not matter.

2- Unfair Punishments at TMP, And annoying players who just play (do you think that they actually play?) to report and ban others, moderators not doing their work professionally.

Yes, because most moderators are working independently of each other and management. Although most moderators are educated, it does not have much impact, usually according to the rules, not based on its own will. The times are really very long, of course, 1-2-day Ban is very short and ineffective only because of the 2 weeks-1 month Ban than the minor reasons is not really fair and ethically. In addition, management is urgently to find solutions to report-only people, even if necessary, they can be banned forever and forever. Or, because most people will be banned, TMP will die. Now I will have a question to the GMM team, I want them to answer this honestly. How many people have been banned forever, how many of the bans have been canceled via APPEAL, and how many of bans canceled via feedback? How many moderators were punished for not accepting the appeal even though it is unfair?

Truckersmp= BanMP

3- Unrealistic performance

Always lagging servers, unmatched time with sp, removed fatigue simulation

Because of this 3 reasons, im supporting the SCSMP.

I hope TruckersMP will heals itself and review all bans, and cancel unjustified bans.

Kind Regards

To put it simple, you were banned 5 times within a year's time, some other people have been playing for 7 years and don't have one single ban. The rules and the GMs are the same for you and for those other people, so what's wrong here? The rules? The GM team? Or the players who can't follow the rules?

ON-TOPIC, I'd give my 2 cents, but @blabberbeak beat me to it, I think the exact same thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • HaulieLove 1
  • True Story 1

Xris is here, interfering once again.

So, we discussed it many times so far, why not even one more time?

I've heard many opinions coming from different players, varying from 'The end is near' to 'TMP won't ever die'.

Honestly, it's a matter of personal choices and preferences of each player.

Personally I don't see a problem of someone playing both, for some extra variety.

However, I'm more keen on TMP as always been.

G'night! ?

• Like 1

In my opinion, I think some players who often break the rules will definitely support SCSMP because there is no current ban on SCSMP, so the demons can drive at will and maybe find their happiness, that is, people who hate the rules, definitely don't like TMP. Besides, I think players who are being banned will definitely choose to play SCSMP. They won't even think about the mistakes they made at TMP

I believe TMP won't let us down next. I like the TMP community very much, so I'll accept their rules. I think SCSMP and TMP are two different kinds of games, one is multi player, the other is 8 player, of course, both of these games will have their own user groups, and each player will have their own games, so SCSMP will be popular, of course I haven't experienced it yet, i think SCSMP is not as good as TMP so I will support TruckersMP as always. Thanks

6 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Basitçe söylemek gerekirse, bir yıl içinde 5 kez banlandınız, bazı insanlar 7 yıldır oynuyor ve tek bir yasağı yok. Kurallar ve GM'ler sizin ve diğer insanlar için aynıdır, peki burada sorun ne? Kurallar? GM ekibi mi? Ya da kurallara uymayan oyuncular?

ON-TOPIC, 2 sentimi verirdim, ama @blabberbeak beni döv, ben de aynı şeyi düşünüyorum.

You are one of the people I took an SAMPLE from.

" never give up "

TruckersMP will be fine for now, when everything is done on the fly, I think that one day SCS will add dedicated servers to its mode, so some players may leave TrucksersMP.

19 hours ago, ban yedik la said:

As my opinion, scs software was too late for it, people just go to truckersmp for playing with humans, sp was just about being lone because you play with AI there. TruckersMP had an advantage from SCS for this reason. And i think I can tell my opinions now, because before i tried it but always it ended in a unfair punishment,mute. I hope ı will not got muted again. I support SCSMP because:

1- You can play with your friends, its "actually" impossible in TruckersMP. If you play with more than 5 friends, you will be classed as convoy and can't drive at CD road, which is actually the main source of entertainment for TMP, the Duisburg, Kirkenes quarry road. I think SCSMP will have big servers like truckersmp soon, or later, not matter.

2- Unfair Punishments at TMP, And annoying players who just play (do you think that they actually play?) to report and ban others, moderators not doing their work professionally.

Yes, because most moderators are working independently of each other and management. Although most moderators are educated, it does not have much impact, usually according to the rules, not based on its own will. The times are really very long, of course, 1-2-day Ban is very short and ineffective only because of the 2 weeks-1 month Ban than the minor reasons is not really fair and ethically. In addition, management is urgently to find solutions to report-only people, even if necessary, they can be banned forever and forever. Or, because most people will be banned, TMP will die. Now I will have a question to the GMM team, I want them to answer this honestly. How many people have been banned forever, how many of the bans have been canceled via APPEAL, and how many of bans canceled via feedback? How many moderators were punished for not accepting the appeal even though it is unfair?

Truckersmp= BanMP

3- Unrealistic performance

Always lagging servers, unmatched time with sp, removed fatigue simulation

Because of this 3 reasons, im supporting the SCSMP.

I hope TruckersMP will heals itself and review all bans, and cancel unjustified bans.

Kind Regards

If you feel you were wrongly punished, you can appeal against your punishment.

The length of your punishment depends on the violation and if you have previous punishments that are taken account of.

I advise against wasting too much energy in dwelling in the thought how unfair your ban is or blame others.

Instead, take a step back and look at the situation neutrally, like you weren't involved at all.

Put yourself in other's persons shoes and understand their point of view.

Game moderators don't ban users just on a whim, but based on experience, evidence and rules. They have completed training to become game moderators and learned how to evaluate different situations and incidents.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 3

My opinion is TruckersMP is better than SCSMP because in TMP can drive together more peoples but in scsmp is more for those who dosent want play much TMP and wanting drive with ai vehicles

Regarding

Itz_Blaze

14 hours ago, Kabanoss [EST] said:

The only thing I have to say is, that Convoy mode is better than TruckersMP - IN MY OPINION. plz dont kill me uwu :3

Everyone has a different opinion. No one here can judge you because of your opinion.

Have a nice day :3

• Like 1

Best regards;
TR_Batuhan

image.webp.134b839704253ffdd3ae06920703a2be.webp

Event & Human Resources Departments

Tmp PageDiscord

spacer.png

Truckers MP / Forum

Languages 🇹🇷 | 🇬🇧 | 🇩🇪

No arguing truckersmp will always be #1 ❤️ 

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

I believe both TMP and SCS Convoy Mode are great additions to this hobby.  Both are unique, but similar in perspective.  TMP brings the MMO aspect but also an element of unpredictability and satisfaction.  For example, it never ceases to amaze me  when I come across other drivers out of the blue when driving in TMP.  I say to myself, "Wow, I didn't expect to see others along the route. That's cool!"  That randomness is what I like about TMP.  Conversely, SCS Convoy Mode, to me, is about privacy while adding the unpredictability element of the AI traffic.  Seeing a full active world from that perspective is cool while sharing the drive with your close driving friends.

Both can co-exist and should do so.  Having the choice of how you want to drive in a MP environment is a good thing.  To me, neither system is perfect, but they provide unique challenges in their own way.   I drive in both modes and I like that ability to do so.  They are both number 1 in my book and will both have my support now and into the future.

• Like 1

I will almost always stick to TruckersMP as I believe in a world where there are different volumes of activity across the map, and where I can mix in with other real players. But I am open to the Convoy mode if someone on my friends list wants to do a session with small groups of people and mix in with some AI traffic. 

• Like 2

I of course prefer using TruckersMP and will continue doing so, simply because of the huge amount of other players you can meet, on the other side I like to do casual drives with friends on SCSMP too every now and then. I don't really like it though, due to the limitations of modding. The only nice thing is having AI traffic, but that's where it ends for me already. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rules | Recruitment | Feedback | Support | Guides | Report System | Appeal System | Knowledge Base 

---------------------------------------------------------------

12 hours ago, Fanatico said:

SCS Convoy is good for those who just like to enjoy trains with friends. Truckersmp is already appreciated by millions of users, servers are always full, and best of all, we find real players on the servers.

I agree but TruckersMP in my view will continue to be the best for many reasons. A very positive point is the amount of people who can enter the servers and the SCS is only 8 and this is a little unpleasant because the cool thing is to play with a lot of people, meet new people.

The core competency of TruckersMP is community, and community is based on people.

More people come means more talents come. Talents good at developing, graphics/videos making or modding make the community even better.

So TMP must do something now to let TMP more attractive to keep the community growing.

Then how?

First, simpify the steps of registration.

Look at SCS MP. Players could easily play MP with several clicks.

How about TMP? Visit website; register with steam account (profile page must be public, game time must be public) (I don't mean it isn't reasonable btw); download the launcher; install it and choose the path which the game program is located, etc...

Do we really need such amount of steps? Look at the knowledge base. Too many invisible training costs.

Try to intergrate the registration into the launcher.

Try to find the program location automatically, such as 

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 227300

Try to intergrate job synchronization.

and more of course.

Second, release more attractive features.

Support more truck/paintjob/accessory mods. Paintjobs could be generated by any VTCs by their own with a verified standard tool. Don't simply refuse the idea because of copyright thingy. Find a way to compatible with it. For example, let players install mods themself while TMP only do verification things.

#BestCommunityEver is not only a slogan, same to TruckersMP.

On 8/21/2021 at 5:05 AM, sunwinbus said:

Paintjobs could be generated by any VTCs by their own with a verified standard tool. Don't simply refuse the idea because of copyright thingy. Find a way to compatible with it. For example, let players install mods themself while TMP only do verification things.

Just wanted to quickly respond to this, this isn't why this is not possible. The reason we aren't adding VTC paintjobs is the size of these files. We have many users who play on our platform who would not be appreciative of having to download lots and lots of paintjobs for a VTC they aren't apart of and this isn't very user friendly. Paintjobs can be large files and asking people with low-spec hardware to install them is unreasonable. It is the same reason as to why we don't support many custom mods, they are quite large files most of the time and if there was a game update which we could support quickly but the mods we support haven't updated then that can cause more and more delays which are already a consistent problem here at TMP (which we are now shortening down, so we wouldn't want to do things to prolong them).

Besides this, I can inform you that we have lots of cool features coming up, as you may see through recent changelogs so we appreciate your suggestions! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Both have several positives and negatives, one of them is that if someone comes to close you, you can kick, but in TruckersMP you are closed and report to a moderator sometimes it is accepted or not; In convoy by SCS you will only play with your friends (8 players max) on TruckersMP you can play with a lot of people.
Henry_0005

Kind Regards, Henry_0005

| GROFR | TruckersMP | World Of Trucks | TrucksBook | Steam |

On 8/22/2021 at 9:43 PM, Owen. said:

Just wanted to quickly respond to this, this isn't why this is not possible. The reason we aren't adding VTC paintjobs is the size of these files. We have many users who play on our platform who would not be appreciative of having to download lots and lots of paintjobs for a VTC they aren't apart of and this isn't very user friendly. Paintjobs can be large files and asking people with low-spec hardware to install them is unreasonable. It is the same reason as to why we don't support many custom mods, they are quite large files most of the time and if there was a game update which we could support quickly but the mods we support haven't updated then that can cause more and more delays which are already a consistent problem here at TMP (which we are now shortening down, so we wouldn't want to do things to prolong them).

Besides this, I can inform you that we have lots of cool features coming up, as you may see through recent changelogs so we appreciate your suggestions! 

There's no need to download every paintjob for everyone, same as paintjob DLCs.