Hot Topic #39: TruckersMP & SCS Convoy Mode

Owen.

Hey there! 

For a long time now the discussion of TruckersMP V SCS' new Convoy Mode has become a huge one across the community.

We would like to know your opinion and see what you think about this current situation! 

Please note that any unnecessary or aggressive comments will not be tolerated towards either platform or any person, this is a mature discussion and all opinions should be appreciated.

• Like 15
  • Haha 1

Thank you for creating this new Hot Topic!

I think that both TruckersMP and convoy both complement each other and both have their place. TruckersMP's MMO style of multiplayer suits people like me better who like to just hop on a server a drive around knowing that everybody else you see is a real person. Convoy provides a better experience for people who just wanted to play with a few of their friends and don't necessarily want to install a third party mod. I think both will continue and have their own player base in the future, however I do think that more people will gravitate towards TruckersMP just due to its MMO style gameplay. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I think that TMP and Convoy can’t be compared, these are 2 completely different things. In TMP you’ll meet other people, in Convoy mode you can only play with 8 people. 

TruckersMP has a huge community and a lot of years of experience in Mulitplayer, which is noticeable when comparing to SCS. Because of this, the convoy mode is something for people who want to do some things that are not allowed in TMP, but for all other points, TruckersMP is way better and I believe that the Convoy mode isn’t a danger for TMP, because you won’t be able in Convoy to meet other players by coincidence and maybe get in contact with some people. 

• Like 1

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

Guest ouzersn

As my opinion, scs software was too late for it, people just go to truckersmp for playing with humans, sp was just about being lone because you play with AI there. TruckersMP had an advantage from SCS for this reason. And i think I can tell my opinions now, because before i tried it but always it ended in a unfair punishment,mute. I hope ı will not got muted again. I support SCSMP because:

1- You can play with your friends, its "actually" impossible in TruckersMP. If you play with more than 5 friends, you will be classed as convoy and can't drive at CD road, which is actually the main source of entertainment for TMP, the Duisburg, Kirkenes quarry road. I think SCSMP will have big servers like truckersmp soon, or later, not matter.

2- Unfair Punishments at TMP, And annoying players who just play (do you think that they actually play?) to report and ban others, moderators not doing their work professionally.

Yes, because most moderators are working independently of each other and management. Although most moderators are educated, it does not have much impact, usually according to the rules, not based on its own will. The times are really very long, of course, 1-2-day Ban is very short and ineffective only because of the 2 weeks-1 month Ban than the minor reasons is not really fair and ethically. In addition, management is urgently to find solutions to report-only people, even if necessary, they can be banned forever and forever. Or, because most people will be banned, TMP will die. Now I will have a question to the GMM team, I want them to answer this honestly. How many people have been banned forever, how many of the bans have been canceled via APPEAL, and how many of bans canceled via feedback? How many moderators were punished for not accepting the appeal even though it is unfair?

Truckersmp= BanMP

3- Unrealistic performance

Always lagging servers, unmatched time with sp, removed fatigue simulation

Because of this 3 reasons, im supporting the SCSMP.

I hope TruckersMP will heals itself and review all bans, and cancel unjustified bans.

Kind Regards

40 minutes ago, ban yedik la said:

As my opinion, scs software was too late for it, people just go to truckersmp for playing with humans, sp was just about being lone because you play with AI there. TruckersMP had an advantage from SCS for this reason. And i think I can tell my opinions now, because before i tried it but always it ended in a unfair punishment,mute. I hope ı will not got muted again. I support SCSMP because:

1- You can play with your friends, its "actually" impossible in TruckersMP. If you play with more than 5 friends, you will be classed as convoy and can't drive at CD road, which is actually the main source of entertainment for TMP, the Duisburg, Kirkenes quarry road. I think SCSMP will have big servers like truckersmp soon, or later, not matter.

2- Unfair Punishments at TMP, And annoying players who just play (do you think that they actually play?) to report and ban others, moderators not doing their work professionally.

Yes, because most moderators are working independently of each other and management. Although most moderators are educated, it does not have much impact, usually according to the rules, not based on its own will. The times are really very long, of course, 1-2-day Ban is very short and ineffective only because of the 2 weeks-1 month Ban than the minor reasons is not really fair and ethically. In addition, management is urgently to find solutions to report-only people, even if necessary, they can be banned forever and forever. Or, because most people will be banned, TMP will die. Now I will have a question to the GMM team, I want them to answer this honestly. How many people have been banned forever, how many of the bans have been canceled via APPEAL, and how many of bans canceled via feedback? How many moderators were punished for not accepting the appeal even though it is unfair?

Truckersmp= BanMP

I hope TruckersMP will heals itself and review all bans, and cancel unjustified bans.

Kind Regards

I think many people may share your opinion regarding our rules but I am afraid that the GM team is not to blame for this at all. The rules are always and have always been clearly stated and you have to agree to them every time they're changed, if you fail to follow them then you will be punished. GMMs will not share this data because we have an ISP which prevents that, due to this and internet data laws this information cannot be shared. If a moderator makes a mistake then it is fixed and they learn from that.

In regards to your unrealistic performance, all of these have been fixed in recent updates. Particularly the timing issues in the most recent changelog. Server lag has been something that I have not experienced for some time, and our developers are consistently working on fixes for any server related issues - but we cannot be held responsible for issues related to the host and so on. 

Any unjustified ban is removed, if it is not removed then it is justified in relation to our rules. 

I hope this helps ? 

• Like 2

Above all, American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2 enthusiasts have witnessed many groundbreaking changes in recent months that have been expected for a very long time.
SCS has released its official multiplayer called Convoy while TruckersMP has two paid Game Developers who are working on new stuff and faster development. It's the new reality, no doubt.

Convoy and TruckersMP are quite different, so I predict that for a long time they may have a group of players that will playing only one option due to the obvious advantages and disadvantages of both titles. Convoy is built in game and is seen every player. On the other hand, TruckersMP has had a large community and brand for many years. So, it comes to player awareness there is probably some balance so far. However, In my opinion, it is very important that new ATS and ETS 2 players learn about the existence of the TruckersMP modification and then they can consider where they want to play or maybe they will be playing both Convoy and TMP from time to time, awareness is important.

I really like numbers, statistics related to the number of players and so far it does not look optimistic for TruckersMP. Despite the ongoing holiday season, attendance is not good considering a lot of data and analyzing them. In the fall can will be more said in terms of player choices, but it cannot be denied that it is already visible that some players chose Convoy.
I believe that this is a mobilization for brainstorming for the TMP staff and even greater interest, thinking about what can be improved and how to appear more in social media.

Certainly, a positive aspect for TruckersMP is the fact that the developers have knowledge and skills. We can see some things already implemented from Convoy mode as well as expect more functions.
The bigger, faster and more visible development of TruckersMP probably happened at the good moment, because players love new things in the form of implemented suggestions or fixed bugs, so if something can tip the balance to any degree it can most definitely be helpful.

We're going to have to see what the future brings.

• Like 1

Hey Truckers,
I think TruckersMP is a very great mode and a very great community. What makes TruckersMP so nice is that there are more than 8 people on one server. The disadvantage of TMP is that there are still too many players who don't follow any rules. What I also find a pity is that there are people who get a ban in a system that is used to report such people, i don't understand the point of that.

But to come to my conclusion, it's not worth leaving TMP because the community and the Team is just too nice.

• Like 1

|Aurora VTC Driver|

Ok so ! Tmp is my preference over scsmp . I like the fact you never know who you will meet or what you will discover around the next bend. Its the random nature of hundreds of other player you never met before . In the scs mp it just 8 gamers you probably already know . Yes tmp has some faults but no mp game is perfect.  It would be nice to have a server with light ai traffic (but I understand the technical side make this difficult) the mods are stuck between two groups of players ..  the ones who want it hardcore sim and the trolls that think several banns is no reason for a perma ban . Tmp wins for me . I just like the random effect of so many real things players ?

Hi, ?️

2 projects have different features, so I think the trukersmp and scsmp projects are not comparable.

for example;  

• ScsMP max supports 8 players.  
  • TruckersMP 10,000+ 
  • ScsMP's game physics (Suspension etc) excellent.
  • TruckersMP has a normal suspension.
  • ScsMP AI supports traffic.
  • TruckersMP does not supports AI traffic.

To sum up, there is a lot of difference between 2 Mp and not all players has the same opinion, so it is best to have more than 1 alternative.

• Haha 1

1791576545_role_VeteranI(1).png.e3f68b3c

Always ready for help

? Steam | ? TruckersMP Profile | ♾️ Forum Profile | ? Discord |  

On 8/12/2021 at 12:19 PM, ban yedik la said:

Truckersmp= BanMP

Kind Regards

i kinda was thinking the same way as you ( i said kind of ) until i met a GM  who was really nice to me and he literally changed my vision for TMP i thought TMP is a horror game you should always drive very strict and not braking any single road rule or you will be highly punished and blablabla but it's not like that , you should follow the rules and don't bother other players and don't cheat and do stuff like that , after all they know that sometimes bugs happens and sh*t like that , so the main rule is play with realisme prentend that you're a truck driver and feel the responsability of your truck and your bills and keep in mind that TMP without moderators will be like a kindergarten , hope i convinced you even a litlle 

• True Story 1

Yeah, TMP and SCSMP have their differences. Some will make a case for TMP and others for SCSMP, and all will be valid arguments because they both have their place.

Where SCSMP is at a clear disadvantage is with community. TMP's built an extremely strong community, and has the infrastructure to host events, accommodate VTCs, and has a dedicated support team. Because of this, we can all say that we've made friends, built relationships, and made a lot of memories.

Now unless a new 'Convoy-based' community pops up or something of sort, SCSMP will not be replacing TMP?

3 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

What's there to discuss?

Both have their right to exist, and both can and will coexist.

They don't exclude each other, they complement each other.

That's why both are attractive, depending of the user's preference.

One shouldn't demonize neither of them, but instead face them open-minded.

I agree with you. ?

okay this is the to discuss about some serious issues .. 
point 1 ..  SCS i like but i am very disappointed  about some current issues which is bypass bus convoy MOD,  so many people  are playing bus multiplayer in convoy mode ,, and for this no need to buy ETS2   SCS just failed to control it,,   

2nd thing is .. TMP do you guys know that  ,,people who has base game , he can play TMP  promods. ,, no need to buy all dlc bcz local mods are working fine .. truckers mp failed  to protect this one ..      #SCS #TMP both you ghuys are failed on it ,,   
if possible fix it asap ,, many people know all this what i said ...  so plz try to focus on it .... and protect  Hacking and hackers  @Owen.@DJ ccowie

my personal opinion is i love TMP than SCS  ❤️❤️ always with TMP 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Raymond_97 said:

okay this is the to discuss about some serious issues .. 
point 1 ..  SCS i like but i am very disappointed  about some current issues which is bypass bus convoy MOD,  so many people  are playing bus multiplayer in convoy mode ,, and for this no need to buy ETS2   SCS just failed to control it,,   

2nd thing is .. TMP do you guys know that  ,,people who has base game , he can play TMP  promods. ,, no need to buy all dlc bcz local mods are working fine .. truckers mp failed  to protect this one ..      #SCS #TMP both you ghuys are failed on it ,,   
if possible fix it asap ,, many people know all this what i said ...  so plz try to focus on it .... and protect  Hacking and hackers  @Owen.@DJ ccowie

my personal opinion is i love TMP than SCS  ❤️❤️ always with TMP 

After reading what you said I spoke to one of our developers as well as a team member who is well-experienced with add-on creation and local mods and I would like to say that what you have mentioned here is not true. No one can get into the ProMods server without owning the DLCs. So therefore ProMods is unplayable unless you own the DLCs. 

We appreciate your support! ❤️ 

I see only one thing good on the SCS Convoy update. That is that everyone can get the same job in it. I have tried it twice and that was it. I will not use it again. The biggest draw backs are that no /fix and limitation of 8 players. But on the the other hand TMP has been providing us with a good game experience overall and i would still be playing in their servers always. I personally prefer TMP to play MP on ETS2 and ATS.

Founder - [VTCSL]

Twitch

we all know that its limited but scs multi version still under  progress still  and its to early to compare tmp and scs  both versions are nice  but we alll know scs will update  multi versions with new features  we have to be patient 

Hello, personally i think that scs mp is good if you just wanna mess around with your friends and not have to follow rules and tmp is better for people who like to have a more multiplayer experience, with that being said both are very good ? 

• True Story 1

JCBBuilds
Owner of Night's Truckstyling Discord
 discord.gg/6h5pS5RbE5

Actually, I like TruckersMP more than SCSMP.
I think they are very different. In TMP, I can following the rules of TMP, but for SCSMP, that's no rules, we can't make sure that all of the players following the rules(because haven't).

But in my opinion, I hope TMP can improve the Game Server in the future.

• Haha 1

My opinion is, that it was time about that ATS/ETS2 got their own native Multiplayer.

Why? It's pretty easy - let me explain.

Why the native MP is good?
Well, not everyone likes many players and prefer smaller groups to drive with and enjoying the time together. The best example is me.

SCS' Convoy sums up as good because:
- *native* Multiplayer, no Mods needed to play with others

- supports AI Traffic

- supports Mods (coming but not available)

- has a limit of 8 Players included the Host

- the Host is automatically the Admin and this one can choose who is Mod or not

SCS' Convoy sums up as bad because:

- it is dependent of the host's internet connection - means, if you have BambooNet, it will be quite horrendous

- it has just a limit of 8 Players included the Host

TruckersMP sums up as good because:

- supports selected Mods (ProMods, seasonal Mods from Grimes

- driveable AI (Alternating Vehicles)

- has literally no player limits, but there are concurrent > 10.000 players on over 6 Servers

- has a good and dedicated Team of Staff Members who are handling everything fine, so the "Machine" runs without any issues

- is not dependent of any player's speed and just of the Host's one - unless OVH is catching fire again, then everything will have a burned ping (sorry, had to write that ?)

- has over 4 Million registered Users and it's constantly growing

- it's the most stablest Alpha-Version I've ever seen (compared to other Alpha-Versions) ?

TruckersMP sums up as bad because:

- supports just selected Mods

- sometimes unstable Servers (yeah, the Host can be the issue or the server itself is just dying again)

- if the server is full, you have to wait for a queue

- some Staff Members are black sheeps (rarely)

- it's not native

Means, you can't compare a little FS19 MP with a Massive Multiplayer with > 10.000 Players concurrently on one day.

But both are good in my opinion ? 

• Like 2

Your average pleb from Austria.

Favorite Truck: MAN TGX 2022, 4*2 Chassis, 500hp Engine and a 12 Speed Gearbox (Automatic).

Favorite Trailer: Dryvan from SCS

My VTC (on Trucky😞

badge