Something for the Calais intersection

Suggestion Name: Something for the Calais intersection

Suggestion Description:Since the support for 1.41 of TMP,many players who like to roam on the C-D road have met the disaster at the Calais intersection.This even caused a server lag on the first day.So I would like to suggest something for the new traffic lights.

1.Since the traffic light is new,some players are still not aware of it until they reach the crossing,which will likely cause a severe accident.So there should be a sign or something at the entrance of Calais highway just like the smart signs in Real Operations,which should warn them that there is traffic light ahead and slow down.

(Edited at 2021-8-7 22:12 UTC+8)2.There are two traffic lights at both the north side and south side of the bridge.I think the south one should be removed because there is less traffic coming from the south.It is not efficient to let some drivers wait under the bridge while there are no trucks coming from the other side.OR drivers should ignore the south light when there is no traffic coming so that more trucks can goes under the bridge.

(3 and 4 are added at 2021-8-7 22:12 UTC+8)

3.The light which controls the northbound traffic at the north of the bridge should be combined,which i mean now the control of going straight and turning left are separated but should be combined to one light.This reduces the time of waiting for the light of the left lane.

4.The duration of the north light should be extended.Now the light which controls the traffic that goes down the bridge can only make 1~2 trucks pass.This is less efficient.

Any example images:For the first one:(from the TRUCKERSMP SMART SIGNS article https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/1091Bn8bXUS.jpg

For the second one:just like what it was like in the old days.(Sorry,no screenshots here)

For 3 and 4:Nope sorry.

Why should it be added?:It has been a disaster at the intersection since the first day when the support for 1.41 released,which has caused a severe server lag.This may be a good way to relieve the traffic pressure.The north traffic light should be preserved because I think it is a good way to control the traffic.Not everybody will stop to give way for the traffic that goes down from the bridge,which caused a very long queue on the bridge.

Edited by China-CaptainZhang
More things added
  • Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...