Why the number of ATS multiplayer are less compared to eurotruck multiplayer?

sam4soumen

Hello everyone, 

I'm just wondering why so many people in multiplayer prefer Eurotruck to ATS?

Suppose if someone without knowledge of ets2 and ats were to choose between one of these lovely games. What do you think will be their first pick and why? Please let me know your opinion

spacer.png                                                    

If these two games are introduced to a new player, obviously they'd choose ets2 over ats. Because ats is not as big as ets2 given the fact ats was launched three years after ets2.

Maybe once SCS has released more states in the future for ats (which they're doing very quickly) more people get attracted to ats.

I live in the US however I still prefer ets2 because I love the European roads and truck designs compared to ats.

I think the majority of people choose ETS2 rather than ATS because ETS2 has a much broader range and appeals to more people - ATS is just (currently, with possible existence of canada and mexico in the future) the United States, which doesn't usually have a very broad appeal since very few American brands of trucks have ever been successful across the sea, even in the past.

Plus, ATS is usually a better game to add mods to than ETS2 since it always feels like it could have more content, which draws people away from multiplayer. (Also the fact that in real life there's no requirement for a speed limiter in the US meanwhile TMP has it enabled on ATS at 81 MPH, but that's a different topic anyways ?)

24H4oa0.jpg

All above reasons are correct.

But another reason is surely because of the number who own the game that don't play TruckersMP. There's probably a lot of people who play ETS2 and ATS who aren't involved in the gaming communities the way we are, and are just casual players or just people who have more important priorities than ours. :thisisfine:

So yeah, TMP accounts for only a fraction of ETS2 and ATS players. There will naturally be more players on Convoy than TMP.

I think most people don't do ATS mainly because of geographical reasons and player count. Most people would like to drive where they feel comfortable driving. For me though that isn't the case. I mainly do ETS2 even though I'm an American because of the larger player count on the servers as it makes better content for my YouTube dashcam videos. I do wish though that in the future ATS will see more players as I do like ATS better than ETS2.

The reason why I don't play ATS is that the truck with a big nose turns more than Ets2. Because I played gta5 and tried Meika once, the straight road is good. When I want to turn a corner, if I don't turn a little bigger, the container will hit the curb, and if I turn a little bigger, I will collide with the car in the opposite lane. Even if I don't want to play for these reasons now, I will consider playing American cards later and try to open American cards!

The answer is simple - money. People can't spend money everywhere for logical and physical reasons. I'll leave that alone, because it's self explanatory.
In TMP on the other hand we have a big problem - almost all ATS players are from NA and the server is locked for EU players. If there was just one ATS server it would have been populated. Just saying.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

Forum Moderator

• Nody locked this topic

Archived